Love Letters

Love Letters

Joohyun was still a rookie. She worked a lot and tried her best to be once a famous idol. Sometimes she saw the real idols. She was a real fan of the bands, and she always dreamed of a boy of them. It wasn’t important who the guy was, Joohyun just wanted a boyfriend. At the age of her, girls normally had boyfriends and they weren’t es.

And there was she, who had never anyone in her life who loved her. She had never had any love or boyfriend because she always concentrated on her studies, and later on her work. She wasn’t a real singing-talent, but she could rap a bit better than sing and really worked hard to be talented and acknowledged.

“Bae Joohyun?” a man went into the class, where she was studying with some of the other rookies. She looked up to the familiar face. It was the main manager of a boyband, however she couldn’t say which.

“It’s me” she stood up and bowed “Nice to meet you, what can I do for you?”

The man nodded than introduced himself.

“I am Choi Jin, the main manager of SHINee. Mr. Kim decided to put a small girl into the new music video of the boys, and we decided with the managers that you are the best for this. If you accept it, we can offer you a bit more money which we will turn in your studies”

“Alright” she said. The man motioned to follow him, and left the room. Joohyun picked up her backpack and ran after the man. She was a bit confused, because the manager just came there out of the blue and offered her an irrecusable offer. They went to the office of the main teacher and sat down. The main teacher and Mr. Kim were already there.

“Bae Joohyun, right?” asked the boss. Kim Youngmin was the director of SM Entertainment after Lee Sooman who had been retried.

“Yes”

“You will be the girl in SHINee’s new music video, ‘Why So Serious?’. The members are Lee Jinki, Kim Jonghyun, Kim Kibum, Choi Minho and Lee Taemin, but probably you know it. Kim Jonghyun is in hospital, so he won’t be able to participate. You come from tomorrow every day at nine o’clock in the morning. We start the shooting at ten o’clock. The most important rule is: never speak to the boys. It’s not allowed. We must separate the rookies and the idols. So, you will be allowed to enter in the other annex, but you mustn’t speak to anyone. You will go to the directing room, do your job, and leave. Understood?” the voice of Mr. Kim was very serious and frightening, but Joohyun understood why. It could be very annoying when an idol is dating with a rookie.

“Understood”

“Give us a signature here, here and here” the main teacher put a lots of paper on the table and showed the places. Joohyun wrote her name on all of the papers, thanked the offer and left. She was very excited. She could finally go to the other side of the building!

*****

“Hello? Is anyone here?” She opened the door of the filming studio, but saw nobody. It was all empty and dark. It was her first day and she was really excited. Normally, the rookies went to the SM building’s one part and the idols to the other part to not disturbing each other. It was her dream to come here and now she finally could. When she entered she felt confident and happiness, and thought that she was an idol. When she went to the changing room, the stylists made her clothes and makeup. 

“Hello” a deep voice came from near, and the lights were suddenly . Joohyun shook but turned back. There were the three SHINee members standing in front of her. Jinki, Minho and Taemin. It was Minho who turned up the switch “We’re sorry, we wanted to frighten Kibum hyung. You must be the rookie. I’m Minho, they are the Lee brothers, Jinki hyung and Taemin. They are not brothers in real life”

Joohyun smiled timidly. She didn’t know what to do, because she mustn’t talk to the boys, but they talked to her.

“I’m Joohyun, but people will know me as Irene. Nice to meet you” she bowed and then the manager came inside with the stab. The shooting started.

***

Three days spent and Joohyun really liked to work with the boys even they couldn’t talk with each other. She loved this type of work so she did her best to prove, she was ready for a band. She was ready to be a singer. After the shooting she went to the changing room and saw a piece of paper on her clothes. She went there and picked it up. She was a bit afraid what was on the letter, but read it.

To The Rookie,

My love, you’ll be mine

When I first saw you, I realised

Without you I'll die”

Joohyun blankly blinked to the small haiku she got. Maybe one of the idols fell in love with her? Was it possible? Or it was somebody from the staff? She really didn’t know, but put it in her pocket and went home. She kept this poem her secret.

***

Time passed, Irene had been forget the letter and got a band finally, whose name was Red Velvet. It was a four membered girl group, and they really made a big hit. She just loved her members, Wendy, Seulgi and Joy. During the preparation they had been working hard so after the first concert Joohyun asked the manager, who let them to go to a restaurant. The girls went to the changing room, when they noticed a small, white paper on Irene’s chair. They all went there and read the message.

“For your Debut,

It's sure I love you

For my ill you are the cure

You are the best view.

“How romantic!” Joy was melting when she had finished the reading.

“You have a very super suitor. He must love you so much” nodded Wendy too with a big smile on her face. Joohyun sighed and watched the letter. The handwriting was from the same person. The two letters had been written by the same guy!

"This guy wrote me a poem too, when I was rookie. After the recording of 'Why So Serious?' of SHINee. It's the same handwriting" told Joohyun. She was so surprised, and she didn't know what to do.

"Wow, this somebody must love you so much. It's been two years already, but he still loves you" said Seulgi. She smiled happily "We must find him!"

"Yaaay" the other two girls were clapping which made Joohyun more and more angry.

"I don't want to find him. It is so cute that he sends me messages, but I know nothing about him. He can be a sasaeng too. I must report it to Mr. Kim, or just throw both of it to the trash"

"Don't be silly, unnie! He is in love with you. If you report it, he can lose his job" answered Joy. She really loved these romantic things, so she fell in love with the writer.

"Maybe he is an idol. From EXO or Super Junior"

"I don't think so. I really didn't meet with anyone when I was trainee" Irene shook her head, but Seunghwan continued.

"He saw you and fall in love. It is possible"

"I don't believe in it"

"What if it's a SHINee member?" asked Seulgi as she gave back the paper to her unnie.

"No. I would've seen it, if one of them has acted strange" she said. After putting the letter in her pocket, she changed her dress and left the room. As she was walking on her way, she was in her thoughts. The mysterious lover was really strange, and she wanted to know who he was. But how could she find it out?

"Are you okay, Joohyun-sshi?" asked Jonghyun suddenly. Irene looked up and shook her head.

"Not really. I got haiku from somebody. It's the second time" she answered and showed the poem to the main vocal of SHINee. Jonghyun read it and smiled.

"How romantic!" he said and gave back the paper to the girl who sighed.

"Do you know who wrote it?" she asked. Maybe Jonghyun knew the handwriting of these people.

"Yes"

"Who?" Joohyun became so happy. Finally she could find out the name of the guy!

"I'm sorry, but I won't tell you. It's your job to find out the person. It is the game of you two, but good luck" Jonghyun winkled and left her. Alone. With the mystery. Joohyun sighed and continued her way.

***

The song 'Ice Cream Cake' was a really big hit. Finally, Joohyun could show her talent which was included her rap. She did her best, but the success of Red Velvet became very hard. Mr. Kim added a new member, called Yerim in the band, so Joohyun had no time for searching for the guy. She had a lot of things to do, and she had a really hard period because of Yerim and the haters. She couldn't sleep because of these things and she was really tired every day. During 'Ice Cream TV' she tried to show that she wasn't that tired, but it was a lie. She could die for a coffee.

"Okay! Ten minutes break" shouted the director. Everybody felt a bit better. Minho left the room suddenly, just like Seunghwan. Yerim and Sooyoung wete talking so it was the time for Joohyun to ask Seulgi.

"Could you please come with me to the toilet?" she asked. As well it was very childish, Joohyun couldn't go there alone, she always needed someone. Luckily Seulgi nodded and came with her. They were talking about a lot of things when they stopped in front of the women's door. Joohyun looked there surprised just like Seulgi. There was a piece of paper. For Irene!

"I heard, you have new member. I love your new song ^^

Now, I'm still not brave

I'm really afraid to say

Who am I in real. "

"Oh, another poem! It's very cute" Seulgi grabbed the paper "He is afraid of you"

"He should afraid of me! I really don't know why he has to bug me all the time! I've had enough of him! I have a lot of thing to do, I don't have time for his little jokes" Irene was angry. Really angry and she shouted to Seulgi, who acted so calm. When Joohyun stopped the shouting she patted her shoulder.

"Calm down, I think he just want you to cheer up. Is it that big problem?"

"Yes" answered the girl and went inside "I really need another hint to find him, and kill him..."

Seulgi just sighed. She found it romantic, but a bit weird. She really wanted a boy as well, who writes her poems. Actually she saw that Irene loved these poems too, and was secretly re-reading them when she felt sad or alone. She was waiting for a new one all the time. But not now, when she was so frustrated.

Irene finished, went back and sat down on a chair.

"Are you okay, noona?" asked Minho. He already sat on his place.

"No" she answered angrily.

"She has a secret love who always send her haikus" answered Seulgi. Minho nodded.

"It sounds romantic. What's the problem with it?"

"She doesn't know who is he and she is very frustrated nowadays. It was a bit bad timing"

"She got a haiku again?" asked Seunghwan and picked the letter from Irene. "It's so cute. The boy is so shy!"

"What boy?" asked Yeri. She knew nothing about the mysterious letters, so the girls explained her everything. When Yeri said that it was cute, Joohyun shouted down her head, that it wasn't cute but nettlesave and left the room.

"Wow. Really bad timing" Minho looked the place of Irene. He was a bit slow man.

"Do you know this handwriting?" Seulgi went there and showed the paper.

"Yes. But I won't tell you who is it. Maybe there's a code or something"

"Yes, maybe" the girls sighed. They were really curious about the guy, but unfortunately he didn't show himself.

***

Days and weeks had passed, Irene calmed down, and the other girls helped her to find out the lover. With no success. When they asked the others, the answered with a simply "no". Some of them recognised the handwriting, but they didn't tell anything, so the girls ran into an end. They really couldn't do anything, but wait for the next letter. They didn't found any code in it, so Minho had had wrong. There wasn’t any code.

“We should practice for our new album. Come on girls! Let’s try to concentrate!” sighed Joohyun one day and picked up the papers. There were all the songs of their new album. She gave it to her members and sat down.

“What if we learn it loudly?” asked Yerim, so the girls started to read out the lyrics. It wasn’t that difficult and they liked the songs so much.

“What is it?” Seunghwan cut Seulgi’s voice and held up a small paper “Oh, it’s a haiku again”

“What did he wrote?” all the girls became very excited and ran nearer to the main vocalist, even Joohyun. She really liked the poems and started to feel a bit more sympathize for the nameless poet.

“Because I can’t live without you…

How may I tell you,

That you are my beautiful

Queen who makes me fool?

“I do not understand” Joohyun sighed “He always sends me messages when there’s something special event”

“It’s June… maybe it’s his birthday, or something like that. Isn’t it possible?” asked Sooyoung, but Irene shook her head.

“I don’t think so, but I must show them to Mr. Kim. It’s more than enough…”

“But he is so cute!” yowled Seulgi and Joy. Irene sighed.

“I know that he is cute, but he must reveal himself”

“So you like him?” asked Yerim with a very big smile on her cheeks.

“Maybe” Irene blushed. She liked the boy even she didn’t know who he was “But he must reveal himself this year…”

 

***

Of course the girls told to everyone that they gave time to the mysterious boy. Until the 1st of January he must reveal himself, or just stop sending the letters or he would get in trouble. Surprisingly the man had disappeared. Irene didn’t get any new haikus or letters or anything. And Irene felt frustrated. She really missed the small poems, which were always cheering her up. When she was alone she read the previous letters she got. When she entered somewhere she checked every part of the place, if there was a letter. And she always watched carefully her things looking for a haiku. Or something.

But she found nothing.

The man disappeared, and there was no chance to get him back. She felt lonely. She was waiting for the messages by getting up and going to bed so sadly. Everybody was really busy and rumors were everywhere, but Joohyun stayed calm. Sometimes she cried or tried to match the haikus with no success.

It was December. And no letter.

The girls were sitting on the airplane with the SHINee members, and dancers. They flew to Prague. Sometimes someone left the place to the toilet, but it was calm.

“Your dinner, Miss” an air hostess gave her the dinner. Seulgi and Wendy got the theirs too, who were sitting next to her. Minho, Taemin and Kibum sat on the other side, and Jonghyun was with the two young girls. They played something. Unfortunately Jinki couldn’t come, so it was Jonghyun who became the transitory leader.

“Thank you” Joohyun smiled and ate the dinner just like the others. Then she suspected something. A small paper under her box. She picked it up, and screamed happily. The other looked at her in horror, but she was too happy. “I got a haiku!”

“What? How?”

“Maybe he asked somebody” said Taemin, and everybody was listening the poem.

“This is my last poem.

Oh, my precious dove,

From you I can't have enough,

Queen, please be my love!”

“How cute!” said Seunghwan.

“He is the cutest guy ever!” screamed Irene. She was really-really happy that finally she found a haiku.

“But this is the last one. What will you do now?” Yerim went there and looked the letter. Joohyun sighed.

“I don’t know. I’ll looking for a code or something and find the guy. I want to thank him everything. Yes, I was angry sometimes, and I hated him but no. I love him even if I don’t know who he is. I’m in love with his words. He is my cheerleader. When I’m sad, I just read his poems and I become happy”

“You are in love, it’s cute” Kibum laughed.

“But I don’t know him in real. It’s strange, isn’t it?” Joohyun laughed perplexedly, and the others smiled too.

***

After the concert the girls went to the hotel, while the SHINee boys were sightseeing. The girls were changing their dresses, because they would go to a restaurant together.

“There must be a code” Irene was still thinking about the mysterious lover.

“Let’s call Jinki oppa, maybe he knows it, and there’s Wi-fi here” Seulgi opened her Viber messager, and called the leader of SHINee on a video-message.

“Hello, girls, what’s wrong? I’m kinda busy” the Oldman answered them really early.

“Please help us, because Joohyun unnie will die, if she doesn’t find out the poet” said Joy with a smile on her face. Irene looked at them in a horror.

“Oh, I see. Look at the first letters of the letters, it’ll help you. Take care girls, I need to go” Jinki smiled, waved and left.

“The first letters? Do you have all here?” Wendy asked the leader, who nodded. She chose the folder from her suitcase, and put them in order.

“It’s not good. It’s TFIBT” sighed Seulgi. The girls were so sad, when they left the room, and arrived to the restaurant. Actually they spent there a very good time with the four members, they were very funny so the boys could cheer up the girls. After a short sightseeing they went to the hotel. Yerim went first to take a shower. The others were watching the letters.

“Wait! The first line is not the poem!” said suddenly Wendy. The girls were looking at each other with surprised faces. How didn’t they realize that? They read the first letters of the letters.

“What?” He is such a mean guy” laughed Joy. For this time Yerim arrived too, so she read the name of the poet.

“But he had a lot of chance to say it” she said. Irene smiled too.

“I need to visit the SHINee boys” she said. She jumped up from the bed and ran to the boys. The others followed the leader and Seulgi took the keys with her.

Irene stopped in front of the door. Her heart was beating so hard. She was very unsure in her decision but she knew what she must do. She knocked.

“Yes?” a familiar voice came from the room. She wanted to answer to Jonghyun but she couldn’t do. Her voice cracked, so Sooyoung answered instead o her.

“It’s us, Red Velvet”

The door opened slowly, and the familiar face of Key appeared.

“What may I do for you, girls?” he asked.

“Is everyone inside?” asked Wendy. Kibum nodded and stepped away from the door. The girls entered. The three boy was there in their pajamas watching a match in Czech. When they saw the girls they stood up.

“Is there something problem?” asked Jonghyun, but the girls shook their heads. Joohyun couldn’t control herself. She jumped in the neck of the tallest boy, and hugged him tightly to her.

“Of course I’ll be your love” she said happily. Minho laughed and hugged back the small girl. After they had a soft kiss with full of emotions. The other members were clapping happily.

“How did you find it out?” asked Minho.

“Jinki oppa helped a bit. When I read the name ‘Minho’ I was pretty sure that it was you, because Winner’s Minho isn’t a big poet, and he didn’t know me when I was a rookie. You are the best person in the world!” she said happily, and kissed again her prince “But you always say, that you prefer younger girls”

“I can’t say that I prefer Bae Joohyun. This was my role that SM gave me. But our love must be in secret. Nobody can find it out”

“It’s sure” Irene smiled. Minho pulled her to her chest and putted his muscular arms around the tiny body.

“I love you, noona”

“I love you, Minho-sshi”

Even thought that Paris is the city of love, for Minho and Joohyun it was Prague. They kept their love in a big secret, but when they had time, they were dating inside and outside. And of course, Irene framed the haikus and decorated her room with them. Sometimes Minho wrote them some again whilst the first five was Irene’s favorite.