Chapter 1 : Start!

I Wooed My Neighbor's Daughter With Songs And Guitar!

Ooohh! Here she came, the girl which had made, me, Byun Baekhyun, the most handsome bachelor in my neighborhood, crazy these past few days with writing songs and picking guitar strings. The girl which had been became the object of my affections for these past few weeks.

She was just out from her house, styled up in knee length gray skirt with a sky blue silk blouse in contrast with the perfect sky today. The top button of her blouse remained ed showing her beautiful bare collar- wait that sounded a bit ert... Whatever.

As always, she looked beautiful no matter what she wear. She could even clothed in rags and her beauty would still shine so brightly. I’m not lying! There was one time, a few days ago, our neighborhood was doing it routine activity which was cleaning the complex together one day a two week. Everyone gathered and together we clean out every dirty corner of our complex. Suzy attended and participated in it too as she had joined our neighborhood. All was just like usual until it came to the break time, in break time we all would joke and chat with each other then one of the mothers suggested that we do a welcoming party for Suzy as she was newcomer, as it was, everyone agreed. Then we set up a place in the yard of Mrs. Jung (She got the most big house yard in our complex) and everyone went back to their house to bring up their own dishes to there. We had a feast and right in the middle of it someone wanted an action for fun and piqued the other interest to so they voted for who should performed and it ended with Suzy as she was the newcomer so she should show her skill (they said). Not enough with just that, Mrs. Han brought out the most hideous and ugly jumpsuit in color of green (Literally looked like a vomit color!) then handed it to Suzy saying she should complete the look with wearing the suit. Well, my poor, poor Suzy actually so kind and accepted it (I couldn’t even imagine why would Mrs. Han had that kind of clothes anyway? As far as I know she was the most styled looking ahjumma in our neighborhood.) But oh well, let just said, the experience of after seeing Suzy wore it, the suit never looked more appealing and good than that time.

And that was the story, now back to the present.

“Suzy-ah!” I called her name with all of enthusiasm in me and waited for her to make her glorious turn.

Yup, there was it her glorious turn. She turned with the elegance and grace of a queen with hair flipped first, flying in the midair completely, and then fall down beautifully landing on the other side of her shoulder.

Our eyes caught in each other as she saw me.

If it were up to me, I would and probably imagined this moment of ours with sparks flying around us as we stared at each other, but sadly, reality’s .

“What?”

There. That’s why I don’t like reality, one word and bam! Our moment ended just like that. Reality was , mutuals were hard to find, only one-sidedly. In this reality there was only a onesided love between us with mine being the onesided one to her.

I don’t want my love life in real life to be just that sad; I may be losing in some dating game app, but in real life? No way in hell! You will never know, this one sided love, I’m positive it would change later, because the power of positivity could break a wall! Banzai for positivity! Or more like my positive thinking in my hard work on changing it.

I put back a smile on place and jogged lightly to her with hands happily waving.

As I reached to her side, I noticed she had her violin case dangled between her hands. Oh, she must be on her way to go to her musical lesson I thought dejectedly.

“Are you going out today?” Despite I already know the answer to that I still asked, putting a bit of hope that she actually just wanted to play violin at the near park rather than going to her music lesson. If she only went to the park then I think I could come with her, but if it to practice, I’m not so sure I could come with her to there. You know, what if the place is strict for outsider that’s mean I can’t come. Unfortunately again, that was just my wish, it’s a fat chance to happen giving the though all of it are already obvious as today is Saturday, and her music lesson are on Friday-Saturday.

“Yeah.” Her reply was as she started to walk again.

So short! We didn’t even chat if it was like this. Think something Byun Baekhyun! Throw out some topic conversation!

I smiled. “I never hear you calling me oppa even though I’m older than you.” I said, putting a bit whiny tone in it which she eye rolled but that’s fine, annoyed will become worry, care, and love later. At least that’s how it always turned out in the soap opera mom always watched.

“Two years older doesn’t make that much differentness. Give me a good reason why should I call you that meanwhile I’ve never called the others like that.”

“Let me think,” I put a hand under my chin and looked up like I was in thinking mode. My expression was variations as I made it like I was thinking very hard, but in actually, pssshh! I didn’t even think of anything, the scenarios had been planned goodly from the start and now was the play.

“I don’t know.” I said after some seconds in my thinking acting.

“Good that you know, so don't ever come up with that question again.“

If it was any other person they must be deflated from such rejection like that, but this is Byun Baekhyun and you know, Byun Baekhyun is not an easy person to give up. My motto is try everything you can do until you get what you wants!

The next scenario should be… "Oh i know it!" I exclaimed completely ignoring her rejection.

I turned to her with such sparkling eyes and all, “Because I’m special?” I said coming with a reason, "You know, I'm your cute special neighbor." Yup, my motto is try everything you can... even if saying something such as corny as that. I’m well aware how much embarrassing that sounded when the person you’re saying that to didn’t even acknowledged you as friend (Not a problem though, I was aiming to be more than friend in the first place).

She stared at me like I had grown two heads, like I had grown a tail, like I had turned blue as in avatar, like I was some alien kicked out from mars because of my stupidity disgraced the Alien kind as they were well known to be very smart by human so if I were to be live with them the whole kind could be looked down…

Just kidding! She actually only rolled her eyes as in whatever to my said (like always) and checked the time on her wrist watch.

“If you don’t have anything important to say to me, I’m leaving,” She said which triggered me into remembering my first intention why I was waiting for her in the first place. Not that I always had intention or reason on why I’m waiting for her (Sometimes I just wanted to see her face for no reason and if I could I wanted to see her for every times).

“Oh yeah, I do have something I want to show you. Wait a minute,” I said franticly telling her to wait as I reached for my jeans pockets. I couldn’t believe that I almost forgot my intention, fortunately she willing to wait for me.

“Where was it?” I muttered, grasping around inside every pockets I could find on my clothes for the thing but no such luck I couldn’t find it anywhere in any of my clothes pockets. I groaned. Damn. I must be had forgotten to picked it on the desk in the bedroom at home earlier.

How I wanted to hit my head. Stupid-stupid brain. I cursed inside my mind. How could I forget that most important thing!

“Well?”

Suzy! Now what should I say to her? She is going to get mad now! Calm down Baekhyun.

I grinned sheepishly masking my irritation at myself. “Sorry, I forgot to bring it.”

“You wasted my time, now I’m going to be five minutes late to my lesson.” She grumbled and now finally really did walk away from there with a little hurry in her steps.

Oh, no.

“Yah! The thing I wanted to show you, is I completed a song yesterday, won’t you hear it?” I shouted to her, our distance was already far for talking in normal volume. Can’t help but be hopeful, right?

She paused in her steps obviously had heard me then threw a dismissive hand to my direction without even a glance, “Maybe later.” Then she continued on running.

A big smile bloomed on my face at the answer. Damn, how whipped am I to the point I could felt very happy with just that. “Okay, you promised it. See you later then!” I shouted out again in case she didn’t hear me and watched her until she completely gone from my sight over the down road.

I sighed and turned round to go back to home, content with the promise. While she looked cold and hard to approach she actually was a quite nice girl. I still remembered that one day which turned him into this, like a love-sicken puppy falling all over for her.

 

_________________________________________________

Flashback

The sun was torturing me with its blazing heat. Once again Chanyeol didn’t fail me on wanting to kill him. That giant was trying to boil me with telling me to wait for his damned under the blazing heat in summer.

If it wasn’t because I was such a great friend I wouldn’t be here right now, willing to walk through the hot scorching weather. The idiot had forgotten to bring his report and the due date for him to file it in was today, then in desperate tone he called and begged me to bring it to his university saying he couldn’t go home to fetch it himself because got tricked into helping his senior in a work. Typical him being an idiot and easy to be fooled.

So, I’m being a good friend agreed to it, but would only agree to bring it to the near place around his university, no past way into its gate. It was no secret that I have an arch enemy in there and in no any ways would I enter that guy’s dent. Over my dead body. Or unless someone killed that enemy of mine first. Thought, between those two conditions I prefer the latter, the thought of that guy died being killed was almost satisfying to my mind and calmed my irritation down. Well, just a bit.

Ten minute more passed with me waiting for Chanyeol’s sorry to come but the big oaf still hadn't appeared in any bit. Not even his hair... goddamnit!

“Oh, god,” I groaned and stood up from the bench to walk forward feeling the heat paralyzing me. Why had I chosen this under constructed park as the place we would meet again? The park was so deserted of any places or even any trees to use as shelter from the sun. There were even no shadows to hide on.

oh, right, because the closest public place to Chanyeol's university was only this park.

I vent out the anger by playing a pebble like ball, kicking it around my foot as I waited.

Kick, kick, kick, kic-

Wait, why did I didn’t feel the heat that strong now?

Did the sun finally set down or did it just get covered by the cloud? But whichever that, thanks god. I was glad and thankful because my head felt like it might explode any minutes if it got a thermal contact with the sun.

Just to be sure, I looked up and found the reason. There was a roof over my head shielding me from the sun. An umbrella roof to be exact. Now the question should be, where did the umbrella came from?

I whirled around quickly and found a girl behind me. A girl holding an umbrella over us both.

Uh….

I was at a loss for words, questions was milling inside me but none stayed a bit long for it to came out as a question from my mouth.

In the end the only thing which capable being formed by my mouth was, “What are you doing?” It seemed just right, to questioning what the actual thing was she doing?

The girl blinked then stared at me almost in a bored way, “Giving you a roof shade.” Her reply was.

The answer only left me more confused. “What? I mean, what?”

Again, with the same flat expression the girl quirked an indifferent brow at me then sighed, “I saw in the news that today’s heat was a bit too much for being under it directly. You might get paralyzed. I just don’t want to see tomorrow in the news there is found a corpse of a man in a park died of over heat.”

I reeled back in surprise at her blunt answer “Ugh, now I hear it that does would be a bit disturbing to see.” I nodded and grimaced, a bit ‘ew’ with the mental image of myself dying like a homeless person on a deserted park because overheating then being found by a passerby. That would be just so… uncool... for my cool self.

As respond she shrugged then we were silent looking out at to the front. Well, because she seemed to not have any interest on speaking anymore so I just followed what she was doing, staring out to the front because I’m more than grateful for her ‘kindness’. The usually crowded park was so deserted now. Other than because the park was under construction it probably the heat too, well, it practically could burn your skin. Who would want to go out at this kind of weather? Only idiot would, and that mean us, Hufft.

We were in Silence…

Ziiiinggg.

A plane flew over us at the sky.

Silence…

Krik, krik,

Cicadas started singing for a brief.

Silence…

Silence…

It was too silence…

And I couldn't handle silence that greatly hence why in the next few seconds I found my mouth already ruining the silence.

“Aren’t you tired standing?” I just couldn’t help myself to speak. Silence was never my forte anyway, Chanyeol always said that. And I’m tired.

The girl actually stared at me first for about an exact forty seconds (yes, i counted, when you were under the heat, you would find your mind doing something strange like counting the seconds) before answering. “I do.” She said curtly. Why oh why did she respond like that? Did she dislike that much of talking? Bad luck for you girl, you got the worst person to show kindness too as I’m known to be talkative so put up with me.

“Then, why aren’t you sitting? There is a bench near.” I pointed to the bench I had formerly sat on.

She stared to my pointed hand then to me then to up (what did she stared at up) then to me again (twice bro, she must found myself to be very good-looking) then clucked her tongue “Well, maybe you would know why, because you’re standing and I’m holding the umbrella so I need to be close to you which mean I need to standing just like you.” The sarcasm was very evident that I found myself flushed in embarrassment.

“Sorry, I didn’t think that,” I smiled sheepishly and motioned for her to walk first to the bench.

Huffing she started walking toward the bench and I quickly start to walking too, sticking close to her so I still got the umbrella for shield from the sun.

But then, she halted so suddenly, almost making me stumbling into her with barely an inch left before I stumble on her.

“What’s wrong?” I leaned my head around from behind her to see what’s making her stop.

At my question she glanced back to me so suddenly and maybe she didn't realize that I was close behind her that when she turned our face was so close to each other and my eyes was practically crisscrossed trying to looked in just one point.

We stared at each other for about three seconds in surprise and as if a spell break off in counts three her eyes got a bit wide and she turned around back to the front back.

I cleared my throat and looked away too, embarrassed by myself which caught in the moment because even though I know but I didn’t want to look away.

“The bench..” She said after the awkward minute.

“Uh?” I turned back my head and found her facing me. If there was any reaction before on her face now it was all gone, back to flat.

“The bench..” She said again then back facing the front again and pointed to the bench, “it’s hot..."

Funny enough even if the awkwardness was still there in the air but I couldn’t stop myself from laughing, it was just so funny, girl will be always being a girl, afraid of heat.

“What are you laughing at?” She squinted at me in a glare.

“It’s nothing.” I faked a cough to mask my laughter.

“I’m not going to sit there.” She sniffed. Oh my god, sniffed. What is she, a royal? That’s ridiculous… but fit thought.

“Are you serious? So do you want to standing forever?”

She rolled her eyes. “If you want to sit, be my guest then.”

“…” Uh, sitting there? I admit the bench looked hot.

“See, you don’t want to sit there too.”

I sighed. “Okay, fine, how about this,” I took off my sweater and laid it out on the bench then with a gesture I presented.

“The chair is ready for you, your highness.”

Wow, this time I wasn’t exaggerating, maybe she really has princess syndrome because after I said that she sat down without any complain and I was serious that my ear didn’t working wrong when I heard that she harrumphed.

Oh, well, practically every girl’s like that anyway.

I sat down next to her.

“Do you always come to this park?” Of course, It’s always me being the starter of the conversation.

“No, this is my first time,” She answered curtly but to me it sounded almost like sulky, disappointed. Oh ho, I got you!

I chuckled, “Not the best time to went, though,” I said, my playful tone came out before I could catch myself.

She glared at me. “Maybe you would be here then by the next time I come to here and told me that.”

What she said clearly was supposed to be sarcasm but I can’t stop myself from answering it.

“I will make sure I am to be here by then then, to inform you it isn’t the best of day and time." I said with some seriousness that I kind of got confused if I meant that as a funny joke or serious, because I don’t know, it might not be that bad that when she is here.

She blows out her cheeks like finally giving up in talking. Probably she couldn’t handle my smartness.

Few minutes passed without any more talking as I decided to stop talking an– ! That was hot! The sun got me on my shoulder. Why did the sun still got me when I’m under the umbrella?

“Hey, does your umbrella have holes? I get burn by the sun.” I complained, turning around to the girl but get an unexpected view.

Ooh…

I grinned. How cute. She fell asleep but still tried hard in insisting holding the umbrella. Each time her body swayed off from the sleepiness she would jolted awake and reposition the umbrella in her hand again so it got the two off us under the shelter again then nodded off to sleepiness again. That was why the sun stung me before.

I wondered what possessed me that I did that next action. Because as my mind telling me, no, I should not do it but my body did the action, I pried off her grip from the umbrella and holding it myself to shield the two of us as I slowly, gently put her nodding off head to rest on my shoulder.

But that action caused her to stir and she mumbled something. About two minutes I stiffened holding my breath, heart thumping uncontrollably and in my inner I was beating myself because not listened to my mind before, wondering if she wake up, but she didn’t show any other sign of waking up other than evened breathing of her. I breathed out a relieved breath.

‘Safe.’

I turned and studied her face and found myself fascinated and awed of her close up profile. I could swear I could not find or detect any pores on her skin.

“Beautiful...” Oopss, did that just out from my mouth? Way to go Byun Baekhyun, the next thing you know you would be called a creep because staring so closely at her, good thing the girl was sleeping.

Too into admiring her face, I didn’t hear the loud sound of someone running closer to us until..

Until the sudden appearing of a hand right in my vision which startled me greatly that the umbrella loses from my hold. Without the umbrella giving us a shade, we got exposed to the sun. I panicked, eyes darting to the fallen umbrella, wanting to grab it but afraid my movements might wake the girl.

The only thing which matter in my mind right then was the sun might bothered the girl to waking up, that I didn’t questioned why would I even have any care if she wake up?

I finally took notice of Chanyeol standing there. Perfect.

“Yah! Get me that umbrella! Hurry!”  I commanded in panicky voice.

Chanyeol quirked a curious brow at me, but I ignored it, watching impatiently at him who was so slow on bending down picking up the umbrella then giving it to me. I snatched it immediately and positioned it back over myself and her.

“And here I felt really bad about you waiting alone but then you actually got yourself a girl,” Chanyeol huffed as he tightened reposition the hood on his head. He covered himself from head to toes with so many clothes that if I didn’t know any better I might had mistaken him for walking mummy.

“So, who is the girl?” A wicked grin on his face as he nodded to the sleeping girl on my shoulder.

I shot him a piercing glare, fed up with his loud mouth. For pete’s sake, the girl might wake up!

“Shut up, won’t you. Aren’t you supposed to file in that report of yours quickly or you wouldn’t get any score.” I rummaged my pocket clothes for the flash drive that contain his work.

Chanyeol eyes widened, “!” he cursed then quickly grabbed the flash drive from my hand and bolted away from there to back to his university as if running for his life but then paused at few miles to turning back around to the direction of me.

“Oh yeah, thanks, Baek! I’ll treat you later!” He shouted out waving the paper in his hand in the air with a big grin then continuing on running. 

I scoffed. Dude, of course you should treat me as compensation for my big heart helping you. A big grin also appeared on my face as I waved to him in stiff movements afraid the girl would wake because I was too much moving.

Then when it all became silent, I felt sleepiness coming to me too. I yawned and turned my head to snuggle against the girl’s head deciding to sleep too. But only to regret that decision later, because when I woke up the next, I was alone on the bench. The umbrella was still with me; tight in my grip, but the owner of it had gone.

I looked up on the sky and found the sun had set down replaced with moon and stars shining through in the now dark sky. How long had I sleep? And since when the girl left me? I sighed mournfully, missed the chance to know about the girl. Hell, I didn’t even know her name! Now how would I be able to meet with her again?

Huffing I made a standing up from my sitting position to stretching on my toes, I then started to get back home with a wish to the falling star I seen on the way that I will be able to meet with the girl again.

_________________________________________________

Few days later, I finally met her again. Not really as stranger, but as neighbor. A direct side by side house neighbor as in her house was right by my house right side. Turned out she was the rumored daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Bae which had been gossiped by the mothers around my neighbor for about 2 weeks. They said she was finally returning after having completed her study in USA. Wasn’t that, the factory we turned out to live side by side, just proving that we were destined to be together?

If it was still questionable how that made me falling for her then you just need to accept it. Well, all the things about love actually were silly if you think it thorough which turned you into a big pile of gooes. Or just accept it as that she was so beautiful that I fall head over heels in love with her. Easy right? Men always fall for pretty girl.

Now watch it, the most handsome guy resident of neighbor, Byun Baekhyun, would end his bachelor life and get a girlfriend! From that day onward I would not stop in pursuing her love over many obstacles!

 


 

PS: I felt like my english grammar getting more and more ! But do forgive it, please! XD