last

error [vixx short fic]

To: [email protected]

From: host.xxxx.xxxxx.com

Subject:

THIS IS AN EMAIL FROM HOST ***********. DO NOT REPLY.

 


 

Hi.

 

First, this mail is confidential. The institute had no idea about this, the same thing as they don't know what we did these past few days. I was able to send the mail in another proxy, another address that the authorities cannot track. But before anything happens, delete this after reading. Keep the knowledge on your own.

Second, this would not be substantial enough to light up some questions about us, but I'm here to explain my side on the issue.

 

I think the reminders are enough, so I'll start here.

 

Several years ago, the institute formed a team to hunt Lee Hongbin. He was one of the most renowned scientists in the city, leading most of the teams who developed the most advanced equipment. But the institute cannot bear the fact that he violated one of the most important laws. I don't understand why Hongbin did that. He's rich enough to go for a license, but he chose not to do anything about it. Unfortunately, I was a part of the filthy team who ended everything for him.

I cannot find a way to quit the team, and I was forced to join it. I had no power to decline. What could have been one of the things I regret is that I became a fool to believe them that they would not harm Hongbin. I thought he'll be safe. I thought everything would be fine.

That day came and we were given instructions which I can barely remember. They gave us guns which they said were tranquilizers. They sounded so convincing. Cha Hakyeon was able to join us as a board representative, holding the warrant against Hongbin. I felt something was wrong when I saw his face, frustrated, hurt, and nervous. I shook off my thoughts, not even bothering to ask why he was like that. I just held my gun closer to my chest as my heart pounded.

It was chaotic. We barged in the building and the whole place alarmed as the others forced their way into the lab. I knew Hongbin was there. But the time when I saw him, he was definitely out of his mind. He looked so broken, eyes darted on the shattered Youngji in his arms. I asked if I could go nearer, and they allowed me. N was just standing there, looking at me. I thought it would be the best way.

I walked towards him, and the next thing I knew is that he started to strangle me. I was holding tight on the tranquilizer when I clicked it to defend myself, and what really surprised me is his blood, staining my vest. I wasn't holding a tranquilizer all the time. It was a gun, and its first bullet touched Hongbin's flesh.

I can't move a bit, shaking in shock, and when he tried to launch his body at me again, everybody pulled me out, while I scream Hongbin's name over and over as they beat him to death, hating myself for believing such a hoax, and staining myself with violence using a weapon that I cannot bear to hold anymore, and hating Cha Hakyeon for not saying anything. The team was telling me that I did the right thing, but I wanted to kill them all for being ridiculous. I lost my sanity. I was angry at myself for being a fool.

Hakyeon was able to regain our trust after all. He's the most hopeless, because the institute holds him on the neck. I shouldn't have blamed him for this. We were trying to forget that tragic day, up until now that Lee Jaehwan is gone, too. I was convincing myself that we did right this time, but it would always be wrong, I guess.

 

 

It's true that I'm a coward. I was stuck there for a long time, juggling things which I despise since that day. And now that we broke out and started running away, they are looking for us. We were finding a way out, but it seems we'll die in this walled city.

 

 

Now that you know what happened, delete this mail. We entrust you this secret to protect the story as it is, before anything happens to us. I won't include any details about me at the end. But I know you know me by the name Leo.

 


 

To: [email protected]

From: host.xxxx.xxxxx.com

Subject:

THIS IS AN EMAIL FROM HOST PROXY ***********. DO NOT REPLY.

 


 

Hi. This is Cha Hakyeon. They call me N as well. As soon as you finish reading this, delete the mail.

 

I am here to reveal some of the institute's secrets, as well as the truth behind Hongbin's story. I ask you to keep it on your own, and expose everything when the right time comes. The institute was now after us, and there's no time left. I wanted you to read this carefully. We entrust you our statements, as well as the humanity on you.

 

I was one of the board members of the institute. It was hassle, indeed. You ought to leave your house at 5am and return at 9pm, dealing with all the headaches that everyone gives you. I was a good friend of Lee Hongbin (which I assume you already heard of due to the news), and we knew each other a lot. Almost all people were curious about why Hongbin didn't register his robot. And I think I should tell you why, so that the entire story wouldn't be as confusing as what you think.

 

The license is so expensive. Even though Hongbin was rich enough, he did not do the entire process because he knew where all those fees go. I was the one who told him the whole truth. This may shock you, but yes. The administrators were using the fees for entire luxury: girls, cars, mansions and the like. But what's worse is they hire mercenaries to infiltrate other advanced cities and exterminate them, leaving us as one of the most progressive places. They are cruel to the point they asked Hongbin to create a destructive nuclear weapon to wash away even the smallest places outside the walls.

But he declined. Days after, Youngji, his girlfriend was found shot dead inside their shared house. We thought the institute did this to force Hongbin to do what they want, but he ran away. Instead, he created the robot and never considered applying for the license.

I think I've said enough. And now I should ask you one important thing: save the others. We will not be able to fight for our legacy any longer. We had nowhere to run. There will be a time soon that they will beat us to death, and we need someone to continue the battle against them.

 

We place our high hopes on you. Save our kind before recklessness eats us all.