Getting

Take a hit

She did it.

 

She freaking went ahead and did it.

 

Taeyeon is many things but never did she sneak around someone's apartment like a petty thief, not until now. She has a job for goodness sake but ironically, that's what landed her in this. Taeyeon likes to call herself a fixer but deep down, Taeyeon knew she is just an errand runner.

 

Forgotten to buy your girlfriend a birthday gift but too busy to do any last minute shopping? Give her a call. Need someone to queue for your limited edition toy during office hours? Text her the location and she will get it done. Oh, left an important document at home but held up by other meetings? She will personally pick up your house keys at the office and bring it right to you. 

 

There's one thing that Taeyeon made sure of, everything must be legal. She hell isn't going to go to jail and ruin her future. She isn't paid enough. 

 

It is a demanding job, fun at times, mundane at worst but as long as it brings in the cash she needs for her college tuition, Taeyeon is willing work for it. Besides, it's either this or that other job at a local strip club which her friend recommended (with some awkward eye blinking and winking). 

 

Speaking of which, the same friend had convince Taeyeon to help her in surprising her girlfriend with a gift. Yuri said and Taeyeon quotes "Well, you are leaving something in her room, not taking something without consent so that doesn't count as stealing or something like that." and proceeded to give her the apartment lock codes, the gift (a suspiciously wrapped one) and sent Taeyeon on her way with some specific instructions.

 

Leave the gift next to the window under the green bear. 

 

Yuri even gave her a photo of herself and the girlfriend with the bear for good measure. Of course, Yuri had conveniently forgotten that Taeyeon doesn't see colour. Or maybe she did and so the photo but how hard can it be to a find a bear by the window? And so Taeyeon scoffed a "Soulmates" with a roll of her eyes(She isn't jealous or anything. Or so she claims.) and went to the address. 

 

Oh boy, how wrong Taeyeon was.

 

Apparently, Yuri had also conveniently forgetten to mention how many bears her girlfriend has. Smacked speechless with two rows of the same freaking bear lined neatly by the window on the dresser, there's at least 20 freaking bears. Granted, some are dressed differently and Taeyeon can cross them out but Yuri had to choose the plain one that there are still 8 to pick from. Which is the freaking green one?

 

While Taeyeon is staring the freaking bears and not-so-helpful photo, contemplating whether she should just go by instinct and leave it under one of the 8 freaking bears, Taeyeon suddenly has an epiphany.

 

Oh hey, this is the freaking bear!

 

Oh, so this is what green looks like.

 

What the actual ?

 

As if she ispossessed, Taeyeon turns around to find herself standing face to face with a girl, apparently not Yuri's girlfriend, hands holding a baseball bat frozen in a half swing and a contorted expression. An expression that seems to be torned between "Take that thief!" and "Holy crap, my soulmate is a thief! Should I swing?" 

 

Taeyeon is going to explain how the situation isn't what it looks like but all she can choke out is an "Uhhhh..". It wasn't everyday you meet your soulmate catching you in a compromising situation and is about to whack you with a baseball bat.

 

Then, Taeyeon notices a slight change in her expression that tilted towards "Take that thief!".

 

And she swings.