Chapter 1

Baby U

Seungho opened his eyes slowly, removing Mir's comic book (he took it without telling Mir of course) he used to cover his face away in order to have a long nap without getting irritated by the sunlight. His ears almost immediately perked up at the sound of people shouting from quite a distance.

                "COME OUT YANG SEUNGHO! LET'S SEE WHO'S STRONGER!"

                Seungho sighed. Of course today would be the same too. He sat up on the bench and threw his gaze from the rooftop of the school he was hanging out right now, looking down there, where five teenagers, obviously delinquents, were standing in the school area, still shouting out his name. One of them who was un-doubtfully the leader of the small pack was swinging a baseball bat in threatening manner, causing the students gathering around the place to back away in response. He thought he had seen them somewhere... He vaguely remembered them calling themselves Sapphire, came from the SuJu school. The leader of Sapphire had been bothering Seungho to fight with him, deciding who was more worthy to hold the title of the best fighter all around high school in Seoul.

                Seungho let out long bored sigh. They could have that title for all he knew. He was tired of getting lots form of challenges from other delinquents all around Korea, not just Seoul. It was fortunate there was still no foreigner coming to challenge his strength. His soul groaning when the shouting voice from the school ground kept spitting his name in rude manner.

                Not having any intention to go all the way down to meet the one who wanted to challenge him for a fight, Seungho just crossed his arms over the border and braced himself over the waist level wall around the rooftop area, watching down on the event with un-amused look on his face. It didn't take long when the kids down there lost their cool and started harassing other students from Seungho's school, threatening them to bring Seungho in front of them right now if they want to stay alive. What an old way of blackmail... All Seungho could say was how corny the threat was, not affected even a bit.

                And as Seungho had already expected, a smirk played on his lips, "And the hero is here." He whispered to himself when one of the delinquents was kicked on his back and the body flew almost a few feet away. Seungho hummed, eyes not leaving Mir who was now stepping closer towards left four delinquents. The quartet all got down in defense position, eyeing the sauntering figure of Mir carefully.

                "Are you Yang Seungho?" The leader of the pack pointed his baseball bat in Mir's direction.

                Mir's eyes flickered to the bat for a second before his eyes scrutinized each one of the boys in front of him, not excluding the one he had kicked unconscious before.

                "Are you Yang Seungho?" The leader hissed when Mir ignored his question. And Mir had no intention to answer, instead the chestnut hair boy just poke his ear with his little finger, acting so casual as if nothing interest him more them poking his own pores. "No matter, I'll just beat you up the same." The leader seethed and flicked his wrist as the left three underlings of him charged towards Mir who was still in the position of examining his own short fingernails.

                Wrong moves.

 

********

 

Mir groaned deep inside his throat as his fist met the other boy's face in a loud crunch, indicating that he at least had broken a facial bone. He spiraled around and his heavy boots sunk into the stomach of another boy that crept up from behind him, the baseball bat in the boy's hand fall unto the ground, together with the wielder.

                Dusting off his hands, Mir looked around the littered ground of the school. About five of them he had settled by himself yet none of his hyungs were here to help. He rolled his eyes. Seungho was probably watching him from the roof and GO... Hell if he knew where the older was at this time of the day.

                Mir saw shadow hanging down on him and was about to let another break of roundhouse kick when his ankle easily being caught into a firm grip. "You're late."

                GO's eyes flickered around, towards the injured bodies lying around the ground, a rotten smirk on his face as he let Mir's legs down. "I can see that."

                Mir shrugged and walk back towards the building, passing by the other students when his ears caught someone enthusiastically telling the new boy he had help this morning about the small gang he was in. He slowed his steps intentionally to hear and entertained himself of how false the rumor could be by now.

                "That mohawk styled hair and with moustache is GO. He's a year older than us. Seungho is there. The one leaning from the roof."

                At that, Mir tilted his head upwards, eyes narrowing to fight the sunlight and indeed, Seungho was there, looking bored as he look down on the mess Mir had left on the school ground with unamused look. Mir shrugged, already predicted that.

                "Seungho is their leader and hence the strongest but no one have really seen him fighting since GO and Mir were pretty much too strong to handle if it wasn't already obvious in the fight we saw just now. Hell, Mir knocked out five guys in less than five minutes alone." Minho exclaimed exaggeratedly, followed with loud obnoxious whistle.

                "Obviously..."

                 "They are the biggest delinquent in Seoul- Scratch that. In Korea. They are the best in fighting and have never lost even once. At first, there were only Seungho and GO. The dynamic duo are already undefeatable and their name had been spread wide after the fight against seventeen delinquents that just started from them bumping shoulders in the street. It led to huge battle and they win unscathed against seventeen people. Since then people kept coming to challenge them from schools all around Korea and some wanted to join the duo but they kept to themselves, however that was until Mir enter the picture. Mir came into this school last year, but he got held back a year because he skipped school a lot last year."

                Taemin blinked. "You mean he's older than us?"

                "Nope. He's older than you. By a year." Minho grinned.

                "What?"

                "I got held back for a year too." Minho scratched his head sheepishly. "But you don't have to call me hyung. No one here really care about age division." Minho shrugged before continuing where he left. "Anyway... Mir was known as mad dog or lone wolf. He didn't care about other people and whoever even as much gave him a look, then he'll beat them half dead mercilessly. Things go around that Mir had managed to land an impressive blow to a senior who was bugging him and trying to make him the slave and the news reached the dynamic duo. Believe it or not, Seungho and GO always got involved if the school or the students in this school was threatened. Thank God I'm in this school. Back to the story. Junior hitting senior isn't really a rare issue here but Mir had caused the guy he punched wheeled into the ICU. I heard that in the confrontation between the three, Mir was quite beaten up but had somehow scathed GO's face and shoulder and burst Seungho's lips. That boy was really strong. No one had ever manage to lay even a finger, not to mention cause bruising on Seungho or GO. Him able to render blood from not just one of them but both! Whew~ Amazing least to say."

                Small gasp, followed by, "Was Mir okay?"

                The concern in the small voice cause Mir to his brow and hid his smile. Most people were scared of him and his two hyungs even before trying to get to know them but he didn't blame them since he felt it in himself how unapproachable he was. But that was just his personality. If he was being truly honest, he thought of himself more of a shy boy instead of a scary fella. It took him hell long to warm up to other people, not to exclude Seungho and GO. But, then again, his shy face probably came off as deadly to other people. Hearing hint of concern from a stranger was a new thing to him. And... It wasn't so bad...

                "I heard he lied on the sickbed for a week but when he came back to school, unsurprisingly with bandaged head and blue and black bruise littered not just his face, but by that time, he had already earned his place beside GO and Seungho."

                "That's too intense." Even without looking, Mir could sense the shudder in the voice. The boy was afraid. Just like most of people. He didn't find in himself to care though, as Mir was used to being looked at like a monster.

                "I know right. That's why-"

                By that time, Mir had already went far enough to lose his hearing towards the conversation, shaking his head with how misled the people around them but he had no single intention to correct them. He had already given up on all the rumors circling around him.

                "They really got a lot of holes in our story." An arm slipped around Mir together with those words and Mir didn't to turn around to know that was GO.

                "Not really. They got it right at the part you two beat me up to a pulp." Mir responded with a shrug.

                "Aigoo maknae~ If I know you're actually going to be just a cute and innocent puppy, I wouldn't have put my hands on you." GO ruffled Mir's hair with a gentle smile. "But you managed to injure me more than I have ever had in few years." He added in exaggerated whisper as if that information was never to be leaked. "Plus they said you threatened them for money and beat them up when they wouldn't. And if we're being perfectly honest here, you're not really what I would call harmless during those days. You beat up one dude until that poor guy fall into coma for weeks. I'm amazed he is still alive."

                "Hey! That poor dude you were saying try to stab me with a knife. He got what he deserved." Mir said darkly, reminded GO of the early days when the three of them were still pretty much stranger. "And did I look like extortionist to you?"

                "A bit." When Mir pushed away GO's hand with a puffed cheeks, GO quickly corrected his words. "Ani... At that time you were always glaring, it looked like you were looking down on Seungho and me. I still think you were really glaring. You're so hot-headed back then."

                "It's just my eyes." Mir mumbled. "If it was you, you wouldn't stay quiet too if people around you try to push you around. I'm just defending myself."

                "My dear, defending yourself didn't ensued someone being wheeled into ICU. And for your earlier remark, I'd say no. Your eyes are beautiful." GO said with his motherly smile and pushed Mir's bangs out of the way, his smile immediately faded, replaced with disappointed frown. "But you really need to correct the way you look at other people- See! You're glaring again!"

                Mir shook GO's hands away from his hair, his silky locks flopped back to original place, shading his wide eyes. "I wasn't glaring!" Mir's voice getting higher in pitch.

                "You might not realize it but you really did. Be honest, Mir. You do enjoy fighting."

                "No. Glaring is Seungho's problem. Not mine." Mir crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Plus, I don't enjoy fighting. Not when no one seem worth to fight."

                GO sighed. "If Seungho heard this, you're ought to get yourself into trouble. We took you in because we don't want you to turn into some killing machine without a heart, Mireu." He called in silence. "Look! You won't even turn to face me properly. It's rude!" GO almost shouted, pointing an index finger towards Mir to emphasize his words.

                Mir's jaw hung low, his cheeks slightly flushed. "I-it's... It's a habit." He defended lamely. He had to agree this was actually one of the trait which made him unapproachable. When he was spacing out, he looked like anything but friendly, taking the definition of resting--face to a new level. "Wait... You did not take me in because of that. You guys owe Hyojin noona hence me."

                "That woman is quite persistant." GO grumbled shaking his head slightly. "She kicked me on the back last time we met." He complained in distaste.

                "That's because you beat me up in front of her."

                "I did not! I just pinch your cheeks. And it's your fault! Who told you to eat snacks before dinner? I warned you before about snacks before dinner." GO nagged, swinging his index finger near to Mir's face accusingly. "Who the hell she was trying to deceive acting like an overprotective sister when all she does is torturing you?"

                Mir winced at the truth in GO's saying, sighing slightly. "I guess she think she's the only one entitled to lay her hand on me." He sighed again, this time sounded like an old man who had to bear the weight of the world alone.

                GO grinned. "I would never lay even a finger on you again, maknae."  He assured.

                Mir turned to look at GO over his shoulder with a raised brow. "Umma. You smack me on the head last night. I still got the bump here because of the rings you wore." Mir complained, the corners of his mouth pulled downwards and if his eyes weren't hidden behind his overly long bangs, those puppy orbs would certainly shimmered with tears, a definite way to melt both his supposedly beastly hyungs.

                GO gasped, running his hand through the long chestnut hair and he could feel a bump there, not too big though. "That's why you should have listen to me when I told you to finish the radish in your dinner plate. Aww... Poor baby." He rubbed Mir's head.

                "You know I hate radish."

                "It's good for you."

                "I don't want~" Mir whined with a pout.

                "Fine. Fine. I won't put radish next time." He raised his hand in defeat. Both pair of eyes met and they burst out laughing thinking of what other students would feel if they saw the two legends of the delinquent world were squabbling with each other while whining non-stop.

                "And you wonder why I'm so dejected having to sit through dinner with you guys?" A deep full voice interrupted the duo who were still laughing.

                They were already on the roof without them realizing it, taking them far from prying eyes. Seungho leaned his back on the wall bordering the rooftop of the school, his sharp eyes trained on his two friends with a light chuckle dancing on his lips, amused with the non-stop whining from Mir and GO's nagging.

                "Oh, come on. It's not so bad." GO rebutted, taking a seat next to the redhead.

                Seungho raised his left brow. "Oh really. Even when in your non-stop bantering with Mir had successfully cause a full bowl of still steaming hot rice fall into my laps?"

                "Yeah, you're the only victim and still the only victim even after you throw your own bowl on GO hyung's head." Mir snickered taking the spot on Seungho's other side.

                "If I didn't do that, then you two wouldn't have stop bickering. My ears deserved some rest too, you know?" Seungho whined.

                "Say the one who kept on fighting with me about almost everything." GO snorted.

                Seungho rolled his eyes. "I wasn't trying to start a fight. I was just correcting what was wrong. For instant, remember that one time when I told you not to mix the color laundry with white one. You're the one who took it so hardly."

                GO kicked Seungho's leg slightly. "I wouldn't have been so sensitive if you said it to me kindly but you just have to yell!"

                "I have to shout if I wanted to get heard over all of your nagging." Seungho fight back.

                "I'm hurt." GO buried his face in his palms and fake sobbing, leaving Seungho flustered and speechless.

                Mir groaned loudly. "Now you've done it, Appa!" The maknae smacked on Seungho's back. "You guys fought like an old married couple. Now what? Getting a divorce?" Hopping onto his feet he started towards the door. "Well, I'm off. I don't want to see my parents getting divorce, so, goodbye. It's nice living with you guys. I'm moving out tomorrow, walking out from such a broken family." He said dramatically.

                "Yah! Don't need to take that too far!" Seungho squeaked, catching Mir's wrist and yanked the younger back down on his seat.

                "Fine. For our baby, I'll forgive you." GO finally looked up, still fake crying. "Argh. I'm just living for our kid." He grumbled like a distressed housewife.

                "When did I even ask for forgiveness?"

                GO and Mir met eyes and they laughed on the flustered leader. They love teasing the leader for his cute reaction. The trouble maker duo.

                "You two are such retards!" Seungho exclaimed, throwing his hands into the air as the other two just kept on laughing. Ugh! They always did this to him. Trap him into this family roleplay.

                Not that he really mind.

 

*I know this is lame but I guess I'm kind of lack of skill in writing these days TTT^TTT*