Midnight Cuddles

Midnight Cuddles

It's late. The shining, crescent moon is a harsh contrast against the night sky, twinkling stars scattering tiny silver gems of light across the vast expanse of darkness, giving hope and serenity to those who bear witness.

With a weary sigh, you lean your forehead against the cold and unforgiving glass of the window. Several storeys below you, cars rush by as their drivers make their hasty journeys to who knows where, oblivious to the beauty of the sky above. Somewhere, a clock chimes midnight.

Arms are wrapped around you from behind and you lean back, burying your head into the crook of your boyfriend's shoulder. Time for bed, he whispers into your ear and you nod. Disentangling yourself from his embrace, you pull the curtains closed, shutting out the night in favour of the dim lighting of your bedroom.

Jongin picks you up and you hold tight to his neck as he carries you to the bed that dominates the room, gently setting you down next to the half-asleep figure already laying there. Yixing extends his arms, pulling you toward him and you nestle against his chest. He is warm and comforting and you feel safe and peaceful. His lips brush your forehead, making you smile.

Jongin climbs into bed behind you, your hair as he tenderly kisses Yixing. His strong arms encircling you, the pressure of his chest against you back, you are immensely comfortable and feel yourself immediately drifting off to sleep.

I love you both, you murmur, listening to Yixing's heart beat. You don't hear their response as drowsiness overcomes you and you are down into dreams.