1/2

P.S. I Like You

 

Jungkook didn't know what he did to deserve a person like Park Jimin in his life. Maybe he did some bad deeds in his previous life like robbing a grocery store (that was the worst crime he can imagine himself doing but not that he would anyways because he's a chicken and he's the "all about justice" type of person) or stealing money from the homeless (again, not that he would and in fact, he actually gives his money to the homeless all the time). Maybe god decided to punish him in this life by creating the biggest on earth and send him to Jungkook so Jungkook could pay for his sins which he doesn't even know whether or not he committed in his past life. Although that idea sounded very odd and bizarre, that was the only explanation Jungkook could come up with for Jimin's existence.

 

Jungkook wearily glanced at his friend who was leisurely walking on the outside of the sidewalk with one hand in his pocket and the other holding the strap of his backpack that was swung over his left shoulders. Once in a while he would blow a bubble with the bubble gum in his mouth and it would pop once it got big enough. Jungkook let out a quiet tch because he knew the orange haired male was only trying to impress the girls that was walking by with his "bad boy" image.

 

Jimin felt Jungkook staring at him from the corner of his eyes and turned his head to look at the younger male. He cocked his head to side as if to ask what the younger male wanted but Jungkook just mumbled something under his breath before shaking his head. Jimin gave him a weird look before turning his attention back to the front and hummed to a song.

 

"So you know....Valentine's Day is tomorrow," Jimin brought up out of the blue. There was a hint of mischief in his voice Jungkook suddenly grew worried about where the conversation was going. The word "Valentine" itself made him cringe because Jimin always manage to up his life on Valentine's Day every year without fail. 

 

There was one year during their last year of junior high when Jimin found out a girl named Kim Hyemi has been crushing on the younger male for the longest time. With Valentine's Day only being a day away and being the he was, Jimin decided to pull a prank on the both of them just for the laugh of it. Without Jungkook knowing, he wrote a love letter to Hyemi that night and signed Jungkook's name at the bottom to make it seems like it Jungkook was the one who wrote it. The next morning, he placed the love letter in Hyemi's locker when nobody around with a mischievous smile on his face before walking away before anyone caught him.

 

Let's say the next thing that happened was Jungkook getting tackled into the ground in the cafeteria line and was pulled into a hug, Hyemi planting kisses all over his face and screaming, "yes! I will be your girlfriend!" over a thousand times for everyone to hear. Jungkook, still in his confused and dazed state, looked over at Jimin for help but all he got was laughter in return. Because Hyemi was creating such a dramatic scene, Jungkook just dumbly nodded as everyone in the cafeteria snapped a photo of them and screaming and cheering for the new "couple". 

 

When Jungkook found out Jimin was the one behind this, he stopped seeing the boy for a whole week and avoided bumping into him in school. Jimin thought everything was harmless and told Jungkook he would take care of it and only until then did Jungkook finally forgave him.

 

Well, that was until he found out how Jimin "fixed" the problem.

 

Jimin harshly told Hyemi that it was all a prank and that Jungkook didn't even know of her existance until that day she tackled him to the ground and made a big scene in front of everybody. Jungkook was told that as soon as Jimin told her those words, she immediately bursted into tears and ran away before Jimin could say anything to comfort her. Not that he was planning to anyway; he was going to tell Hyemi to off if she's gonna keep coming after Jungkook because he was gay and would never like her in a million years even if she tried to go after him.

 

Told you Park Jimin was an .

 

 

Jungkook let out a low scowl as he quickly whipped his head to the side, recalling the incident with Hyemi during their last year of junior high. Thank god it was their last year of junior high because that meant Jungkook no longer had to see her. He was delighted with the news she had moved away to America because that meant 0% chance for the two of them to meet again. That thought alone was enough to keep the guilt over the incident away even though it was partially Jimin's fault. Actually no, the whole entire thing was Jimin's fault. The only reason why he feels guilty was because he nodded that day and she must have taken that as a yes. Well of course she would have. Who would nod while rejecting somebody?

 

 

Jimin noticed the frown on Jungkook's face and let out a chuckle in response. Bringing his right hand out of his pocket, Jimin brought it up to Jungkook's head and started ruffling his hair as if he was a dog. 

 

"Don't tell me you're still bitter over that incident," Jimin chuckled, slowly removing his right hand from Jungkook's hair and slowly placed it on the younger boy's shoulder, pulling him closer to him. Jungkook bit the inside of his cheeks in embarrassment when girls walked by the two of them, staring at them as if they were the cutest pair ever. 

 

This was another thing Jungkook didn't like about Jimin; skinship. The older male was always initiating skinship whenever he can whether or not they were in public or at home. There were times when Jimin would hold his hands as they walked in the cafeteria together and there were times when Jimin would throw himself on Jungkook, cuddling and clinging onto him in the middle of the classroom. This draws so much attention to the both of them and if you were to see the two of them for the first time, you would have mistaken for being a couple or even a new pair of newlyweds. 

 

This leads Jungkook to his third problem; Kim Taehyung.

 

Taehyung is exactly like the second male lead that came out straight from a shoujo manga; that one extremely good looking and nice guy that everyone falls in love with. He's friendly with everybody and extremely shy which resulted in Jungkook noticing him in the first place. 

 

Jungkook first met him through Jimin because they were on the school's basketball team. Despite the way he walked up to them that day looked so intimidating, the smile he wore on his face upon seeing Jungkook said otherwise and Jungkook found himself not being able to take his eyes off of him. If he can describe what he felt from Taehyung when their eyes found each other's, it was a feeling of warmth and Jungkook felt like he was home, like Taehyung was the one. You can say it was love at first sight but it wasn't Taehyung's appearance that took his breath away; it was eyes.

 

Taehyung had one of the most beautiful eyes and Jungkook swore he saw the entire universe when he looked into it. It was as if he found the meaning of life just by looking in his eyes and he was so mesmerized by it he wasn't able to look away. 

 

It wasn't until Jimin said something the lines of, "what? Is he too beautiful for you?" that Jungkook snapped out of his daze. He forced himself to tear his gaze away from Taehyung's and find himself face to face with Jimin with a sly look on his face. "aww, you're all red now." Jimin said and began ruffling Jungkook's hair. Jungkook remembered himself having the courage to look at Taehyung the second time that day to find the brown haired male blushing furiously as he tried to hide his embarrassment with a cough. His ears were turning a dark shade of red and the sight of Taehyung getting shy over their little exchange made Jungkook's heart skip a beat and he found himself smiling like an idiot as he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck.

 

Thankfully, that incident between them didn't make things awkward as Jimin and Jungkook joined Taehyung and his friends at their lunch tables the next day and Jungkook was then introduced to all the guys on the basketball team. Jungkook and Taehyung exchanged small talks the next few days after that, occasionally exchanging a quick and shy "hi" or "see you tomorow" when the both saw each other before and after school. 

 

When Jimin finds Jungkook unable to stop talking for Taehyung even for a second, Jimin knew there was something between the two of them. Taehyung has been acting more shyer than normal (if that was even possible considering he was already really shy with everyone else) around Jungkook and it was the same for Jungkook. Jimin literally saw their eyes twinkling and sparkling as the two of them talked to each other during the days he and Jungkook would hang out with each other. He was suspecting there was something more than friendship blossoming between the two of them and he was going to confirm their feelings were mutual.

 

Fortunately, he managed to easily get the words slip out of Jungkook's mouth as the younger male spilled the secret he have been holding in for so long after Jimin blackmailed him, saying if he doesn't reveal his true feelings, he will tell Taehyung and the gang about the Hyemi incident that happened years ago. It was hard for Jungkook to get straight to the point as he dodged the questions about whether or not he liked Taehyung or not with remarks like "he's nice" "I really like his presence" and "he makes me feel at peace" until Jimin's patience ran low and told him it was a yes or no question, simple as that.

 

With a defeated sigh, Jungkook told him yes, he does like him.

 

Now that he confirmed Jungkook's feeling, he he just had to confirm Taehyung's feelings for best friend and maybe even play cupid for them if their feelings were mutual.

 

But the problem was, Jimin didn't know if Taehyung was straight or bent.

 

Oh well, that wasn't his problem.

 

His main goal was to confirm Taehyung's feelings and that was it.

 

And all he had to do was to wait for the perfect opportunity.

 

 

"Of course I am still over that incident!" Jungkook practically screamed as he threw his hands in the air. Jimin's eyes rounded in surprise for a quick second upon seeing Jungkook so flustered but laughed it off when he saw how red Jungkook's face got just even thinking about the incident during their last year of junior high. 

 

Cute. Jimin thought as a small smile started to form from the corner of his lips. Jungkook looked at him at that moment and his frowned deepened as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Stop looking at me you creep!" Jungkook stuck out his tongue.

 

"Who are you calling a creep, brat? I'm older than you!" Jimin playfully bonked Jungkook's head when he let his guard down. As the two of them continued to bicker with each other, they saw more and more students around them and when they broke out of their playful argument, the two of them have already reached their school.

 

When they entered the building, there were cut heart shaped papers stuck all over the wall. Apparently the students only do their job with their decorating when it comes to Valentine's Day. It was a time to be happy with your loved ones after all, so they had to put a little more effort with the decorating to make sure everyone gets in the mood.

 

"I am reminded I am single everywhere I go, even in my own school," Jungkook let out a sigh and pretended to be hurt by placing his hand over his heart.

 

A light bulb went on in Jimin's head at that statement and he find himself grinning as he thought of a perfect way to brighten up both of their Valentine's Day, including some entertainment for himself and his friends as well.

 

"Jungkook, go to Taehyung's lunch table today. is going to go down," Jimin's tone was anything but michievous, but unfortunately, Jungkook didn't catch it. "And you definitely won't regret being a part of it."

 

Jungkook didn't know why Jimin's tone and the way he smiled as he told him those words sounded so insidious but Jungkook didn't think much of it. 

 

"You definitely have to be there," Jimin said before shooting Jungkook a wink and run off.

 

Jungkook didn't know why Jimin was so commanding today but didn't think much.

 

And he definitely let pranks Jimin always pulled the days before Valentine's Day out of his head as he obliviously made his way to class, thinking what on earth Jimin meant by " is going to go down" and "you definitely won't regret being a part of it".

 

And for a moment, Jungkook totally forgot of the fact that Jimin was a complete .

 

 

 

 

The words Jimin told Jungkook this morning before classes started completely slipped out of his mind by the time fourth period was over. Math have never failed to wore him out despite being in one of the easiest math classes after failing multiple times. But this is Jungkook we're talking about; he doesn't even know his times tables.

 

Jungkook only recalled Jimin telling him to head over to Taehyung's tables at lunch today and the rest was completely forgotten. Shoving everything in his backpack and zipping it up, Jungkook swung his backpack over his shoulders before heading out of the class and quickly making his way to the cafeteria.

 

Jungkook was surprised to see the whole gang already sitting there, including Jimin who was usually the last one to arrive. He raised his eyebrows at Jimin in surprise and all he got in response from the orange haired male was a smirk.

 

If only Jungkook knew was going to go down at that moment.

 

Sigh.

 

If only he knew.

 

 

"Jimin, Jungkook is here now. Aren't you gonna make that announcement?" Namjoon, the captain of the basketball team asked as his eyes landed on Jimin. 

 

"Ah!" Jimin grinned and clasped his hands together. "Of course!" He gave Jungkook a sly smile before clearing his lunch try, moving it to the side so it doesn't get in his way. Slowly, he got up from his seat and climbed on the table until he finally stood up. 

 

Jungkook was about to question what the hell was going on and what on earth was he doing until Jimin cupped his hands around his mouth and did what Jungkook didn't think he would ever do to him in a million years.

 

When everyone in the cafeteria's attention was now on him, Jimin decided this was the perfect opportunity to scream out loud and clear for everyone to hear.

 

 

"JEON JUNGKOOK HAS A CRUSH ON KIM TAEHYUNG!"