Love Me More Than I Do

Love Me More Than I Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho loves himself way too much.

Maybe to the point of narcissism.

He knows he's handsome cause most girls, if not all, wants to 'get a taste' of his hotness.

He knows he's got a great body cause he works out at least 2 hours a day and it really pays off.

He's also smart, athletic, and kind.

In his head no one is better than himself and no one is good enough for him.

Although he is kind, he is detached. Treating people how they want to be treated seemed less troublesome, so he developed that kind of personality.

Everything in Minho's life is perfect and the things he wants or desires, comes to him easily.

Until Taemin entered his life.

He met Taemin at one of his class at college. Minho can't even remember much about the lesson during that class because his attention was focused on Taemin.

Oh dont get the wrong idea, it wasnt because of 'love at first sight' or anything like that.

It was mostly because he looked so unkept and disheveled. He wore a really baggy sweater that made him look like a hanger due to his extremely thin figure. His pants looked like they havent been washed for days and his hair looked like it had never been washed at all. He also slouched like he's way too tired to even straighten his spine. Looking at him one would assume that he gives out an awful smell and a gloomy aura.

And Minho, the perfectionist that he is, couldnt stand the sight of him, much less, his presence inside the same room where he is in. He does not care about much about other people. But he does care about the the things his eyes sees. He can't tolerate seeing things or people that are messy or unclean.

But like what was said awhile ago Minho prefers to be kind in order to avoid trouble. He patiently waited for the class to end and hoped to never see the individual that made him want to gauge his eye out.

Unfortunately, on his next class, Taemin sat right beside him. Minho almost covered his nose the moment Taemin's touched his chair. 

But that gesture would've been unnecessary because Taemin, in Minho's opinion, actually smelled really good.

He gave off a powdery scent that babies usually give off.

So that's one worry out of Minho's mind. 

But it's one out of many.

Everytime he looks at Taemin, he just wants to strip him , but not in a y way. He wants to strip him and buy him a better wardrobe. Not for Taemin's sake, but for his sake.

To avoid doing so, he tried his best not to look at the said boy.

But in every class he was in, Taemin is also there.

After some serious thought, he came to a solution.

-------------

"Hey" Minho decided to befriend Taemin and slowly try to influence the boy's fashion sense, so he himself can concentrate in class instead of feeling bothered about Taemin's "unattractive" appearance.

He sat beside Taemin and waited for a response, but he didnt get one.

"Hey" he tried again.

This time Taemin spared him a glance that only lasted for 3 seconds, before ignoring him again.

He noticed that Taemin was reading a book, so he tried a different approach.

"Is that book any good?" Minho, asked. In dealing with people, he realized that the best way to get their attention, is to talk about what they seem to like or what they are interested in.

Minho waited for a response but still got none. He tried his best to stay calm but slowly and surely, his anger was building. Never in his life had he been ignored multiple times.

"Don't you think you should listen to the lesson?" Another method he learned was to tease in a joking manner to break the ice.

Taemin finally responds, but it wasnt what Minho expected.

"Dont you think you should shut up when its obvious that someone doesnt wantto talk to you?" Taemin replies in a monotone voice.

If being ignored was foreign to Minho, being rudely treated was alien to him. His anger is at its peak but he tried his best to contain it. 

"I was just trying to make friends." He says as he wore his most charming smile.

"I hate people like you, so I dont want to be your friend." Taemin replies in the same monotone voice.

"You--!" Minho's loud outburst caught the attention of everyone on class, even their professor. They stared at Minho with surprise. He has never raised his voice, because he never found the need to do so and no situation ever required him to speak loudly, especially not due toanger.

But more than that, he had never met anyone who treated him like an annoyance.

He huffed and went straight for the door. It was childish and immature, but it was the only think he thought of doing to avoid trouble.

After he calmed down, he went to his other classes, and sat as far away from Taemin as possible.

He tried his best to ignore Taemin's presence, but the boy bothered him to death. Now, due to more reasons.

Days continued to pass like that and Minho's worries grew more and more.

------

It was an unexpected encounter that changed everything.

Minho was in the middle of his daily exercise routine, jogging, when he decided to run a different course, to maybe help get his mind of things. A different scenery might help him find a different perspective, regarding his problem. 

And it did help him see something different. 

He saw Taemin. 

Not in a baggy sweater.

Not in those god forsaken pants.

And Not in with usually disheveled hair.

He saw him wearing a blue overall, and a head protector.

Two sacks of what looked like cement mounted on his right shoulder, forcing his thin back to bend abnormally.

Minho stopped in his tracks. He stared at Taemin's small body as he carried the sacks from one place to another. He would smile at the other individuals who wore the same outfit thay he does. But it was a smile thay Minho was all too familiar with, because it's the same smile he would use to avoid complications.

He continued to stare until Taemin finally noticed him. His smile immediately disappeared.

"Are you following me? I told you already, I dont to be your friend. Or are you here because I hurt your ego and you want to cause trouble."  Taemin says in the same monotone voice as he approached Minho. This time Minho noticed a hint of anger and worry in his voice.

"Don't be concieted. I was just jogging. I changed my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter