YOONGI

Valentines Day Kisses

YOONGI

 

Min Yoongi had blown me off again.

 

‘Why do I even bother??’ I told myself, shoving the phone back in my pocket after having checked it for the hundredth time and my last mail to him still remained unanswered.

 

I got up from my seat in the small coffee shop and went to toss my empty cup in the trash. Just as I was about to go through the doors though, I paused, sighed, and made my way back to the counter.

 

“One Americano. To go.”

 

The walk back to the studio was not long, but it was freezing cold outside so those few minutes felt like torture, and I was glad when the elevator doors finally closed on me inside the building lobby. I pushed the 4th floor button and waited, trying to warm my hands on the cup as I waited for the lights to go up on the board. I finally reached my destination as the doors opened onto a deserted hallway. Only the security lights were on and the lack of noise made it all infinitely creepy.

 

I made my way into the office with the keycard he’d given to me, walked by the rows of empty cubicles, swerved down another corridor until I reached the 3rd door on the left, using my trusty keycard again. The lights were off, but knowing him, that didn’t mean anything. I flipped the switch that flooded the practice room into light, and crossed the room to yet another door. There, I paused, pressing my ear to it. I couldn’t hear any sound coming from it, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t in there. And indeed, the pair of sneakers that had been carelessly thrown off outside the door indicated otherwise.

 

I pried the door open carefully.

 

“...Oppa?”

 

Silence was my only reward, though the lights were on in the small studio.

 

I stepped in, careful not to trip on anything, and walked over to the desk, where the object of my affection was currently lying, head sprawled over one arm, fake glasses bumped up crookedly over his forehead as he’d fallen asleep in that awkward position. I saw his phone, only a few paces away on the table, and when it rung again, I saw all of the unread messages flashing, including mine. I sighed, putting the cup down next to it and looked down at his face.

 

He looked so angelic in sleep; it was hard to believe he was really my Oppa. His face was so small, his skin so pale… I smiled, seeing his chest go up and down slowly with each breath. He must’ve been so tired. Immediately, all the resentment I’d felt at him forgetting our date vanished into thin air. Carefully, I reached over and pulled the glasses off his face, folded them and placed them down on the table next to him.

 

“Sweet dreams, my little genius…” I whispered, a bit of the green hair that had gotten in his eyes, before turning away to leave.

 

As I prepared to go, his arm reached out suddenly to grab onto my wrist.

 

“Jagi-ya….” he mumbled, sleepily, and I turned to look at him but his head was still lying on the table, his eyes still closed, “Don’t go….”

 

Even in sleep, his voice held a tone of authority, and I couldn’t help but feel my insides melt a little. He tugged on my hand a little harder, pulling me closer.

 

“Hey… I thought you were sleeping?” I asked with a small smile.

 

“Hmm…” he only mumbled, not moving from his original position.

 

“How did you know it was me?” I asked, unable to help a smile at how cute he looked.

 

Finally his mouth quirked into a little smirk and he just said, “It smelled like you.”

 

I felt a horrible flush of embarrassment creep over my cheeks, and of course he had to choose that moment to open his eyes and fix me with a sleepy, yet incredibly seductive stare.

 

“Come here,” he half-mumbled, half-ordered, pulling me down into his lap without really waiting for an answer.

 

“I missed our date again, didn’t i?” he asked, finally raising his upper body from the desk and glancing at the takeaway cup on the table. I could only nod, trying to steel my features into a grumpy pout.

 

“Babe, I’m sorry,” he cooed into my ear, with his deep, low, drawl of a voice.

 

I gave him a little side look, to show how annoyed I was, but in reality I’d already forgiven him ages ago. He wrapped his arms tightly around me and whispered into my hair “What did I do to deserve a girl like you, huh? Komawo, Jagiya…”

 

“You must have been reeeeaaaaally good in another lifetime,” I , “because it obviously wasn’t in this one…”

 

At that he burst out laughing. Throwing his head back, his eyes disappearing into little slits and his mouth opening wide, lips pulling back to show tiny pink gums and perfect small white teeth. Of all the Min Yoongi smiles, that was my favorite. And then he came back up, narrowing his eyes at me, though they still held a little bit of that mirth as he said, “Obviously”, giving me a big smirk.

 

I rolled my eyes and he smirked again.

 

“So… how can I make myself forgiven?” he asked, making a puppy face at me.

 

“You can’t.” I turned my head away, feigning anger.

 

“Baby…” he whined into my neck, breathing the words right into my ear, “my Mary…” he whispered, and I felt all my resolve vaporize into nothingness. My breathing accelerated as he placed soft little kisses along the length of my neck, and then took my chin and gently turned my face towards him.

 

There was no mistaking the look in his eyes, before he closed them and brought his lips onto mine. His lips, just like every other part of him, were so small and soft; but the intent behind them, was rough and passionate. He placed a hand into my hair, pulling me closer to him. Softly, but strongly. I melted into his embrace.

 

Finally the kiss ended, and he opened his eyes, as we sat, nose to nose, heads still only millimeters apart.

 

“I’m sorry” he whispered, before flashing another one of those smirks. “Does that work?”

 

I paused for a moment, breathless, looking into the eyes of the damnable man who had managed to steal my heart, before I answered.

 

“It works…”