Final!

Stupid love.

He knew from the start that it was stupid.

But hey, what kind of love isn't?

 

"Its all Taemin's fault!" Onew whispered to himself with his hands in balled fists. It really was. Taemin, or 'the matchmaker', was the one who let Onew meet who he knew now as his problematic boyfriend Minho. 

Minho was the type of boyfriend who never showed up on time (both late and too early). The type of boyfriend who would trade movie tickets for tickets to the basketball game that was coming up in a few weeks. The boyfriend who was all brawn and no brain. The boyfriend who would actually tell you that you looked bad in some clothes. The boyfriend who would buy you nothing on your birthday because his prescence was enough (which Onew didn't mind actually). The boyfriend who wouldn't let you win in a game ever and even if you did win, by some miracle, would never accept it. The boyfriend who prefered to go outside than to stay inside and cuddle. To put it very simply, he wasn't what Onew signed up for at all.

Onew wishes he could have fallen for literally anyone else but NOPE. Life really wanted him to live with his pain of a lover.

That was probably why Onew was whispering to himself at 10 in the morning on Valentines day. Because he loved Minho just as much as he hated him. He loved Minho's handsome features, his strong arms, his safe hugs, his goofy smile, his (yeah they've done it), his stupidity, his competitiveness, his sport addiction, him. Onew absolutely adored him and that's why it made it difficult to be with him. That's also why it made it difficult to choose something to wear while the other was on his bed, watching his back.

"So are you going to wear anything or are you just going to come outside like that?" Minho asked Onew calmly. He had been sitting on the bed for almost an hour as Onew put on one outfit after the other.

"Why don't we just stay inside today?" Onew asked as he turned around in a thin singlet and a pair of boxer shorts.

"It's nice outside. We could go grab a coffee and walk around the park or something I dunno. What do people do on valentines day really?" Minho replied with a sigh.

"Couples do stuff together and have a nice time. I don't wanna go outside. It's kinda cold. Plus, we always do what you want! Let's just stay home today." Onew crossed his arms and waited for an answer. It was true that they always did what Minho suggested but they always ended up having a great time whenever they did so he didn't regret it. Today, Onew was just lazy and wanted to stay home and cuddle since they'd actually never done that before.

Minho stood up and walked towards Onew before engulfing him in an unexpected hug. Onew slowly wrapped his arms around Minho's neck and smiled a little bit to himself. It was moments like these that he treasured. Moments when Minho randomly kissed or hugged Onew without any reason.

"I love you Jinks." Minho mumbled into Onew's neck. It came out a bit muffled and kinda tickled Onew's neck too but he got the message and he just smiled wider and replied,

"Me too Min."

Minho started rocking them from side to side, face still buried in the others neck. Onew put his feet on Minho's and let himself sway with  the other.

"It's kinda stupid right?" Minho asked. Onew nudged Minho's head off of his shoulder and looked into his eyes. "Isn't kinda stupid how without that box of chocolates or that rose 3 and a half years ago, we wouldn't be like this right now? I wouldn't be holding the love of my life and swaying him side to side with me right now if it wasn't for that stupid love letter and those cheesy gifts." Minho muttered just loud enough so the both of them could hear. He lay his forehead on Onew's and closed his eyes, smiling. 

Onew just smiled slightly and pecked Minho's nose. "Y'know, without that stupid love letter, that wouldn't have happened." Onew chuckled.

Minho let go of Onew and opened his eyes. He reached for something in his pocket and locked gazes with Onew who was staring right back at him with a confused expression

"Without that letter--," Minho started before kneeling on the ground and presenting to Onew a small, velvet covered, blue box. Upon opening the box, a silver ring appeared.

"Without that stupid letter or those stupid gifts or my stupid feelings, I wouldn't be asking for your stupid hand in marriage today. So Jinki...... will you marry stupid old me?"

Onew's eyes widened before they crinkled into tiny crescents and he shouted a 'yes' that could be heard for miles.

With no hesitation, Minho slid the silver ring onto Onew's right hand's ring finger before jumping up and giving him the most loving kiss he could give over all of his excitement. Onew jumped up and circled his legs around Minho's waist as Minho supported him up with his arms.

"Are you ready to go on this stupid adventure called life with me?" Minho asked, his smile reaching from one ear to the other. 

Onew wrapped his arms around Minho's neck once more and leaned forward so that their foreheads were touching while he closed his eyes.

"This is going to be one of the most stupid desicions of my life, but yes. Yes I am."

And with not even a second to spare after that reply, they sealed the deal with a kiss. A tender one. A soft one. A stupidly loving one.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Happy valentines day!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z8f4IERLWk