01.

The Bus Stop Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll be waiting for you here, Jinyoung-ah. Remember our promise, and I’ll never let go of your hand. Ever.”

Hearing the sweet voice he had longed to hear after all these while, Jinyoung’s whole body trembled.

“Mark..”  he whispered.

“You’ll forever be my Park Jinyoung.. No matter what they say about you, you’re always my Jinyoung.”

The voice came in again. His heart became heavy once more. “Mark..”

“Jinyoung-ah..”

“Mark-“

“Jinyoung-ah.. Jinyoung ah..”

 

“Jinyoung-ah.. Yah- Park Jinyoung! Wake up, you sleepy head! How many times do I have to wake you up? We’ll be late for the schedule- Yah!” Jinyoung’s body is shaken rather violently this time, making the dark-haired boy slowly opening his pair of heavy eyes. Almost immediately, his eyes met his manager’s.

Jinyoung observed his surroundings. He was no longer in that field he was just a few moments ago – or rather his mind made him thought he was – and instead, the boy was actually lying on his bed and he learnt now that whatever happened earlier was definitely just a dream. I dreamt about him again.. the boy whispered in his heart silently.

“You better get ready now, boy or you’ll have to face Dong Wook again for being late to practice.” His manager, Sungjoon, turned to him one last time before leaving the room. Jinyoung just stared at the widely-opened door of his room for a moment, trying to get himself straight before letting out a soft sigh. The boy then stood up and reached for the towel, getting himself ready for another day full of practices. The shower he took was quite shorter than usual, considering that he was one of those who would spend hours just to get ready for his schedules and practices since early in the morning. ‘Looks are important for an idol, it’s one’s image and pride’ as he always said, but today he would just have to be satisfied with the limited time he had. He would not want to get in trouble for being late to the morning dance practice anyway.

Just as the young boy got out of his room, his bandmate, Jaebum, went out of his as well. The two then headed out of the dorm together, going for the van that their manager had parked near the entrance of the building. That morning however, Jaebum greeted Jinyoung with a grin plastered on his face all the way down to their van. Jinyoung who then get quite annoyed with it finally spoken out, “What are you grinning about, hyung? You look like an idiot, do you even know what?” He groaned slightly as he took his seat in the van while glancing at the boy sitting beside him.

“Naah, I was just ... you know...getting proud a bit? It’s not always that Sungjoon hyung would’ve to literally yell his lungs out just to wake you up. What happened though? You are not usually a heavy sleeper,” the older boy tilted his head in curiosity towards him.

Jinyoung let out a soft sigh. He knew what the other boy said was true. Usually it would be Jaebum who had problems on waking up early in the morning, but lately he was having troubles waking up as well. Jinyoung knew very well of the reason why his mind was messed up the past weeks, but never did he knew it would affect his dreams and also sleeping habits as well. “It’s nothing. I probably was just tired.” The younger threw his view outside the window and let the conversation ended just like that.

Upon seeing the response, Jaebum kept his mouth shut back again. There were still some questions he wanted to ask but he felt that the time was not right just yet. To be honest, he could sense his bandmate being a bit weird the past weeks, though at first he thought it was just because of stress due to work. However, seeing that Jinyoung getting distracted even way easily these days somehow made Jaebum worried. There must be something that the other hid from him and sooner or later, he would want to know it for sure.

The ride to the JYP building in Cheongdamdong was rather quiet that morning, with both of the boys taking their time to sort out some inner thoughts to themselves.

 

 

“Okay boys, let’s take a short break. I’ll give you 15 minutes.”

The music that had been echoing in the practice room for hours finally found its stop. Jinyoung immediately turned for his towel on the couch placed at the corner of the pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter