Dream

Dream

School days finished at 3:15 pm… well at least for most people they did. I am not most people. Club budgets, student body behaviour and school trips all had to be organised by the student council and as the student council president that meant I was in charge of overseeing all the above and more. Whoever became the student council president in Twice College had to bear all the work alone, or so I had thought.

 

A few weeks ago we received a few exchange students from the Korean campus as part of some bonding project between Twice College our Taiwan campus, Twice Academy in Japan and Twice high school in Korea. They were all high schools but for some reason the head principal gave each one a different name. I had thought that with more students there would be more work for the council but surprisingly my work load lightened a bit with their arrival.

 

She was the one who corrected me and showed me that the student president didn’t have to do everything alone because that was what the student council was for. I was stuck finishing paperwork after school as usual except I wasn’t alone anymore because she had insisted to join me when she found me one afternoon. Since then I would either ask her to stay behind or she would volunteer.

 

What to do, keep me still~

Make me like ooh ahh ooh ahh~

 

“Tzuyu-ah, your reminder is going off again.”

 

“Oh yeah, sorry about that.” I quickly turn off the Korean melody coming out of my phone as I sensed the annoyance in her voice. “I have to organise the papers for the school trip plan so I can present them to the staff tomorrow.”

 

Im Nayeon was one of the few exchange students from Korea. She was also the who had made Twice College’s student president, Chou Tzuyu, her own personal puppy as I seemed to always be whipped around her. Nayeon unnie was pretty, she was also well liked by everyone and single from I know but it wasn’t those points that made me invite her to be a temporary member on the council. Instead it was that warmth which radiated around her that drew me in.

 

“You still can’t leave yet?” She lets out a huff of air, a habit I learned she only did when she was disappointed. I quickly doubled my work rate when I caught her pouting as she waited for me.

 

“I just need to chuck everything into a file so why don’t you think about where we’ll have dinner? I’m nearly done anyway.” I laughed nervously as I gathered everything I needed for the presentation tomorrow which pretty much included a draft copy of everything from the timetable to budget reports.

 

“Let’s just get something on the way home. We still need to study tonight since you have a Korean test soon and I have a Chinese one this week.” She didn’t actually need to study since she was smart and I’m pretty sure she’s only doing this to help me. While it’s nice to have a foreign friend help with your language studies I could only feel guilt as I think about how she’s always sacrificing her time for me.

 

Council work, meetings, dinner and studying, she spent all that time with me when she could’ve been out with her own friends. They say that the more time two people spend together the closer they become. We were probably the best example of this since I always seemed to give off this unapproachable image so no one was close to me until Nayeon arrived. We went from polar opposites to close friends despite slight language barriers and the .

 

She had always just been a good friend of mine, everything we did was platonic, but it took only one night to prove me wrong.

 

We usually studied in my dorm room since we started eating dinner together after finishing our council work. I would give her pointers on her Chinese and she would help me with my Korean. Normally I would be the first to start dozing off but on that night, Nayeon surprised me when I heard her steady breathing and after putting my Korean textbook down I found her asleep on her own notebook.

 

It looked kind of uncomfortable since we were sitting on cushions while our materials spread over the low coffee table in the middle of my living area, her neck would probably be sore once she woke up. Being the considerate dongsaeng that I am, I decided to carry her over to my bed since it was better than waking her up and sending her back up to her own dorm. Our dorms were pretty big anyway so I could either camp out on the floor or the couch for the night. Carrying her was no big deal but I really wondered if I should be happy or upset that she was so light.

 

“You should take care of yourself more.” I whisper as I brushed some hair off her face. Then again it was probably my fault that she was like this. Our late dinners and constantly busy schedule weren’t exactly healthy. Feeling guilty for making her suffer again, I tucked her into my bed quietly. “Sorry for making you like this.”

 

I was about to get up and leave her bedside when I felt her sharply tug at my wrist. Maybe it was an arm spasm during her sleep or something but whatever it was I soon found myself falling due to the sudden pull. Before I could grab onto anything and regain my balance I felt something warm against my lips.

 

My hands were gripping tightly onto the bed frame as I finally stopped myself from crushing the sleeping girl beneath me however it was too late. My lips were now planted gently against Nayeon’s forehead. I felt the heat creeping up my face as I backed away from my bed. My hands were sweaty and I could feel my heart beating hard against my ribcage. I might space out often but I wasn’t stupid, this was probably what everyone called ‘a crush’. But does that mean I like Nayeon unnie?

 

I crawled under my own blanket on the couch as I tried to sort out my feelings. Why would I like Nayeon? Actually rephrase that, what was there not to like about Nayeon? Personality wise she was kind and helpful and physically she was definitely cute and probably have a ton of guys lined up for her. By normal standards that was definitely above average and the fact that she was in the council as well as being within the top ten scholars back in Korea was a huge bonus. She was probably an ideal girlfriend.

 

Somewhere along my trail of thoughts I fell asleep with a content smile plastered on my face. The cold student president had fallen for the cheerful new exchange student.

 

You are beautiful just as you were yesterday

No, you’re more beautiful than you were yesterday

When I say something like this – You always

Change subjects pretending you didn’t hear anything

 

I had really sweet dreams yesterday

I don’t wanna tell you now

Because I’m too shy – and also it’s known

Not very good to tell someone this kind of thing

 

 

“Hell yeah, it’s the amusement park!”

 

After a successful presentation the school board had decided to send the student council to the trip destination to do an on-site expedition. At least that was what they said and what our treasurer, Jihyo unnie, was insisting that we are meant to do. The rest of the members however had other ideas.

 

“What ride should we go on first?” our vice president, Chaeyoung, asked as she looked around the place excitedly.

 

“That one!” I watched as the council secretary pulled her towards the fear fall while our treasurer chased after them as she yelled at Dahyun to bring the vice president back.

 

“Don’t worry prez,” I felt a slap on my back and saw Momo holding hands with Jungyeon already. Those two were probably going all set to spend a couple’s day together. “We’ll look after the little ones, just go enjoy your date.” Then she left after sending me a wink.

 

So now here we were just me and Nayeon, all alone with an entire day to spend at the amusement park. Normally this would’ve been a great situation since the school pretty much paid for a day where I could hang out with my friends, but ever since I’ve realised that Nayeon wasn’t just a friend anymore I’ve been tongue tied almost every time I’m around her. At the thought of spending an entire day filled with anxiety I involuntarily let out a sigh.

 

“You know you should really loosen up sometimes.” I turned to look at Nayeon who was pointing at the nearby pirate ship ride. “Forget about the report and work related things for once, instead let’s just hang out for once.”

 

Unable to deny her request, I just trailed behind her as she dragged me towards the ride. The queue was relatively short since the ride allowed over thirty people to go on at once. Before I knew it we were raising our hands and yelling in time with the swinging of the pirate ship. Unnie seemed to enjoy the ride while I just made a mental note to say that the pirate ship is an excellent stress reliever in my report. Nayeon however wasn’t happy when she heard my comment.

 

“I told you to forget about your work today!” she pouted and crossed her arms which I guess was her trying to look angry but I only found her adorable. I patted her head softly as an apology.

 

“Alright then, what do you want to go on next?” I asked her as I looked around the place. The roller coaster looked pretty fun but what she dragged me towards was the death trap that I saw Chaeng and Dahyun head towards earlier. “D-do w-we have to g-go on this one?”

 

“What’s wrong you scared?” she gave me this evil smirk which just made me want to poke her cheek as she gestured to the twenty storey tall tower. If only I hadn’t stuttered, because now she seems more determined than ever to get my onto the ride whether I gave my consent or not. “C’mon Tzuyu, I dare you~.”

 

Damn, I never turned down challenges or any dares so I practically dragged her with me and the panic never came back until I was already over thirty metres in the air. Everything felt numb as the ride continued to climb higher and higher while I sat there too frozen by fear to say anything. Nayeon probably noticed because she grabbed my hand and rubbed the back of it with her thumb gently as we reached the top.

 

“Don’t worry; I’m right next to you.”

 

She gave me a warm smile and I would’ve looked away to hide my blush but then the machine already dropped our carriage and Nayeon became too preoccupied with screaming her lungs out while I just had an o-shaped mouth all the way down as I hurtled to my possible death.

 

“See, it was fun wasn’t it?” Nayeon sing sang as she skipped ahead of me. I was still trying to get some feeling back into my legs so I held onto the rail beside me as I shuffled along. She must’ve felt bad for me or something because she came up to me and told me to choose the next ride.

 

I saw the haunted house nearby and since I wasn’t afraid of jump scares it seemed alright. Not to mention it was one of the few rides that you didn’t have to sit down for which meant I could probably get the blood pumping into my legs again. Nayeon however seemed to pale just at the sight of the thing. Looks like a perfect chance for revenge.

 

What was originally my intention of revenge ended up more like a punishment game as my crush clung onto me as we walked through the entire attraction. She had gone all shaky and cold while I was on fire from the body contact. I felt guilty again when I realised that I had put her through something that made her unhappy again. I didn’t exactly need her to know about my feelings but this wasn’t exactly the best way to treat your crush either.

 

“Sorry unnie, why don’t we go on something less dark next?” I had an arm wrapped around her since she was still shaking from the haunted house. God I’m such an . Our wandering eventually led us to the roller coaster and by the time we were sitting in the ride, Nayeon’s smile was on her face again as she teased my fear of extreme heights. I preferred her smile much better and it felt twice as good knowing that I could make her smile like that.

 

She held my hand again when we started moving. An almost instant flush of red covered my face and I was glad that the spins and turns of the attraction prevented her from opening her eyes while I continued to both blush at her holding my hand as well as internally scream at the strong grip she had even when she was awake. Feeling the familiar gripping sensation made me recall what happened that night and with the ride making blood rush to our head as well as that distinct memory of a forehead kiss in mind I swear my face would get melted off.

 

When we got off Nayeon dragged me to a nearby stall where they were offering the pictures that were taken during the ride to sell as key rings. There were little screens that showed the pictures that were just taken from our ride. Unnie looked kind of funny since she was trying to fake her bravado but just ended up looking really pissed off. Me on the other hand-

 

“Tzuyu-ah, why’s your face so red?” I quickly saw a tomato like head next to Nayeon’s stony expression and tried to pick one of the thousand excuses that were flying through my head. “Are you feeling alright? Did the ride hurt your head or anything?”

 

“Y-yeah, I-I’m fine so d-don’t worry.” I looked away from her eyes as she stood on her tip toes and put a hand to my forehead. Her eyes which were filled with concern and her scent, which indicated just how close she was to me, was making me more nervous than ever. “Let’s go somewhere else?”

 

We walked towards the less extreme rides and ended up in front of the merry go round or carousel as some people called it. Honestly, we were going to pass on that one since everyone that went on was either a child or some lovey dovey couple too entranced in their own moment. But then Momo and Jungyeon unnie appeared out of nowhere.

 

“Hey prez, why don’t you two relax a bit on the horse tornado?” Momo gives us a wink as she teased us. “You two would fit right in with the others anyway.”

 

“What, do we look like children to you?” I asked as I tried to avoid the very obvious point they were making.

 

“She means merry go round and this is no longer a suggestion because we dare the both of you to ride that thing.” Jungyeon finished with a triumphant smirk, why was everyone using my weakness to dares today?! As if we were telepathic, both Nayeon and I gave the same answer at the same time.

 

“Call.” We smiled at our similar replies and were about to get in line when Momo threw in an extra catch.

 

“Together.” She said simply while me and Nayeon’s eyes bulged out of our sockets. “You will ride a horse together, that’s our dare.” Momo repeated with a glint in her eye.

 

I was about to call it off despite my reputation of never backing down since Nayeon unnie probably wouldn’t want that but my jaw nearly crashed through the earth when I heard my crush agree happily and pull me towards the ride. I tried to calm myself down by thinking that it was just like a back hug. She’ll sit in front and I’ll be sitting behind her just kind of back hugging her, yeah no big deal.

 

But of course the council couple had to make things worse.

 

Instead of sitting with her back towards me, they made unnie sit facing me so our faces were close enough to give me a heart attack. At the same time since there was nothing for her to hold onto, she had to put her arms around my neck while mine went near her waist to hold the pole that was supporting our ‘horse’. In short, it was as if we were about to kiss.

 

I could hear the council couple cackling as they left me to the longest two minutes of my life. Every breath, every blink and slight movement from either of us was definitely felt by the other as I refused to look at her in case I did something that a friend shouldn’t do and she kept a small smile as she also lowered her head.

 

We both decided to go relax by the mini zoo and food stalls after that intimate ride. While Nayeon was busy playing with the squirrels that she insisted were Sana who had followed us here, I went to get us some food from the nearby stalls. I found her playing with a kid while his granny sat next to Nayeon unnie when I returned with some churros in one hand and some drinks in the other.

 

“Oh Tzuyu, you’re back with-.” She gasped dramatically before continuing.  “Churros!” her eyes gleamed with excitement as she snatched the fried dough from my hand before enjoying her snack happily. I gave mine to the kid she had been playing with as I took a sip of my drink; I wasn’t big on sweets anyway.

 

“Your girlfriend is a really nice girl.”

 

I nearly spat out my drink when I heard what the granny said. Nayeon just shyly pretended to not hear anything as she continued to munch on her churro stick. The granny just laughed at our reactions as I tried to deny her claim.

 

“We’re not dating ma’am, she’s just my partner for a certain project.” I hurriedly denied everything since unnie was way out of my league. She was someone I couldn’t have, someone that was unattainable by my standards. I looked at Nayeon expecting her to help me out but instead she continued to eat her snack although she seemed to be a little less happy than before.

 

“Don’t say that, your girlfriend won’t be happy if you keep saying that.”

 

The granny simply ignored my entire denial and even when she left with her grandson she told him to ‘say goodbye to the cute couple’. I simply smiled while Nayeon unnie waved happily beside me. She would make a good mother I thought, not that I want to see her as a mother taking of our children in the future. No way.

 

“It’s getting late; we should meet up with the others so we can prepare to leave.” I said as I checked my watch. The sun had already begun setting as the sky was being gradually dyed with a vibrant red. I felt a warm hand grab mine as Nayeon walked ahead pulling me along as she went.

 

“Let’s ride that before we go.” She simply stated as she pointed to the Ferris wheel in the distance. I nodded and followed her lead as she gave me a bright smile as my reward for obedience.

 

The view from our carriage was amazing. You could see the sun dipping behind a row of mountains as unnatural yet beautiful streaks of red, purple and orange dyed the evening sky. While the fear fall was scary the Ferris wheel was less life threatening and more artistic in my opinion. The girl who was standing up in our carriage was equally beautiful as the evening light shone on her much like a spotlight would all her features were enhanced from her long raven locks to her somewhat sad smile.

 

Was she upset? I was about to ask her if something was wrong when she started talking without even looking at me.

 

“I’ve always wanted to do this,” she began as she stared into the distance. What, she always wanted to ride a Ferris wheel? “I’m glad I got to make such an important memory before my exchange was over, so thank you Tzuyu.”

 

“Uh you’re welcome?” It’s like she talking in riddles, why did she thank me? “Not that I did much anyway, when’s your flight?” I asked in an effort to change the confusing topic. She gave me her usual smile.

 

“Two weeks from now, so on the day of the actual school trip.” A sinking feeling dawned on me as I realised that I wouldn’t have a chance to do all this with her again and it seems like she realised too. “I won’t have another chance to have do this ever again, but I’m really glad that I could spend an entire day out with you.”

 

Why did it feel like she was talking about something else? Something that was deeper and beyond what she had just said. It was almost as though there was a hint of love behind that sentence. But I was probably just imagining things.

 

Dream that I can never have again

That was really sweet

I think you are just like the dream

Dream that I get to keep thinking

About all day – that was really sweet

That was you

 

Lalalala hmm~

Lalalala hmm~

 

 

Time seemed to fly as we went through all the paperwork left to do in preparation for the actual school trip, before I knew it two weeks had gone by and Nayeon’s last day at Twice College had arrived.

 

Aside from the fact that my crush would be gone in less than twenty four hours, there was nothing special that stood out that day. I still went to classes and behaved normally, then after classes I went to the council office to do work with Nayeon until late. As usual we ended up in my room but rather than studying we were now doing some final touches and checking over in preparation for the school trip tomorrow.

 

“Hey Nayeon unnie, uh what time is your flight tomorrow?” the dead air and lack of conversation was annoying me. We’ve been like this ever since the council trip to the amusement park. We would still study and see each other often but we only spoke when we needed to.

 

“10:30 am, why? Are you going to miss me?” She looked up from her documents as she sent me a cheeky smile.

 

“Maybe a little, I’m losing my personal Korean teacher after all.” I joked back at her and received a shove in return.

 

“Yah, stop teasing me! I’m older than you remember?” She pouts as she gently hits my shoulder. I laugh as I try to stop her, but somewhere inside I didn’t want her to stop. This was the friendliest we’ve been for the past two weeks after all.

 

“Sorry sorry.” I laugh her off as she folds her arms and continues to pout adorably. “Actually unnie, today is your last day and I’m still asking you to work for so long, I kind of feel bad.”

 

“You’re only feeling guilty now?” she asked in a tone that made her statement sound more like ‘are you stupid or what?’ I lowered my head a little in shame. “I practically gave you my entire exchange holiday, working and studying with you. I see you more than I see my own friends!” She gives a cute huff in anger before turning away from me.

 

“Yeah so uh, since you’ve been such a great help to me and you’re leaving so soon I got you a little something.” I handed her a small box which contained something I had gotten earlier in the week. “Open it up and see if you like it?”

 

“Oh, a gift? I guess this makes up for things, but it’s small so maybe it’s some sort of phone case?” I watch nervously as she delicately opened my gift only to be frustrated with what was inside. “Really? A phone case? I thought it would be something special. Oh well, what kind of design is this?”

 

“Uh…” I swallowed loudly as she began inspecting my gift like it was an antique.

 

“’I love Twice College’?!” She yelled as she slugged me in the arm again upon seeing the plastic case I had gotten from the school store. “Tzuyu-ah, how budget can you get?”

 

“Is ‘I love Twice College’ really budget? No way, Twice College isn’t budget at all! I thought foreigners would always like something showing where they’ve been.” I argued back and awkwardly looked away. “Besides if you look carefully, the case doesn’t say ‘I love Twice College’ but ‘I love TC’…”

 

“Is there any difference?” You could practically see her eyeballs roll onto the floor.

 

“Yeah, there is because well, er, my name is Tzuyu Chou…”

 

“I love Tzuyu Ch-.” I let out an awkward laugh as she is about to complete her sentence. “There’s no way I’m giving you the pleasure of hearing that sentence.” I tried to laugh it off as I felt my hope die out a bit.

 

“Well er just remember to use it ok?”

 

“I’m going to use it as a random piece of décor.” I left my mouth hanging a bit open at her response but closed it when I heard her talk again. “I actually want to ask you something…”

 

“Eh, what?”

 

“Well, you always do council work with me, you care for me and now you’re giving me gifts… do you… maybe… have feelings for me?”

 

I nearly choked on my spit as I heard her question. How the heck did she come to that conclusion? Was I being that obvious?

 

“Woah… woah… woah… hold on, that’s very er direct. I don’t really know how I should answer…” I mumbled out as I tried to avoid looking her in the eye.

 

“Well, you know us foreigners. We’re very direct like that.” She gave me a smug grin which was cute but also filled with some type of predatory aura.

 

“I’ve actually always thought that you’re like… an older sister to me.” I laugh awkwardly, trying to act confident, as she giggles along while giving me another friendly shove.

 

“I’ve heard your jokes so much, they aren’t even funny anymore!”

 

People say we’re a really cute couple

I know, she knows, actually I also think so

But sometimes I get worried about you

And then I feel sad and alone

 

Hmm, you’re telling a lie

With the look full of confidence

But that’s so sweet to hear

That is

 

 

The day everyone had been waiting for had finally arrived.

 

It had only been two weeks since I last visited the amusement park and yet with an entire school running around inside, the place seemed very different. Students were going on every ride in sight while teachers and student council members kept them in check.

 

Maybe it was because I had always been blinded by my storm of work, whether it was when I was working to become student president or afterwards. I never really had time to think about anything else. But this year things were different.

 

I met Im Nayeon.

 

Meeting her was definitely a good thing for me. With her presence she began to make me think of things outside of the council and school work. Over exactly 46 days and 13 hours, the time we spent working together on council activities and studying felt much more meaningful compared to my first year of work. It was as if working and studying with her was not only beneficial but also more fun than it was when I did those things alone.

 

However, she is an exchange student from our Korean campus and her exchange period is over now. If I were to confess or to pursue a relationship with her, my brain tells me that it would be extremely unlikely that I would get the answer I was hoping for and long distance relationships never worked out well. Our future together might as well be a complete gamble.

 

What to do, keep me still~

Make me like ooh ahh ooh ahh~

 

I couldn’t help but stare into the sky as I turned off the reminder on my phone. It was now ten o’clock in the morning. Nayeon should’ve boarded her flight by now. Everything was going to end soon. Maybe it would be for the best if all of this was just left as a blissful memory.

 

I’m waiting for someone who can make me feel

Something like never before~

 

My ringtone broke me out of my trance and I noticed the caller ID as Nayeon’s before picking up in a heartbeat.

 

“Hey, uh aren’t you supposed to be on the plane already?” I asked trying to sound as calm as possible.

 

“I’m about to board now, but I just wanted to call and say my final goodbyes. Also I’ve messaged you my number in Korea. I don’t know, maybe you can call me to catch up sometime, president?” Her cheerful voice would’ve brought a smile to my face if I could only get over the fact that she was leaving.

 

“Oh, uh, sure…” I could feel my face heating up despite Nayeon being nowhere in sight.

 

“So… do you have anything you want to tell me before I go?”

 

“I… uh… I want to say that I uh…”

 

I kept hesitating as my brain tried to prevent my heart from saying how I felt about her. As if my mouth was glued shut at the thought of confessing, which was ridiculous since I always gave speeches in front of a ton of people as student president so there was no reason why I should be this afraid.

 

“Hmm?” she gave a hum to show that she was still listening.

 

“I want to say that er, I hope you have a safe flight and to take care since you’ll be getting jet lag and stuff once you land. Don’t push yourself too much ok?” I nearly face palmed myself as I had chickened out of confessing again.

 

“Oh ok then, goodbye.”

 

“Goodbye…”

 

My hand fell to my side with my phone still tightly clutched within as I looked back up at the sky. Except this time my eyes were glassy as I tried to contain my frustrations.

 

As student council president I was person with extremely good time management and knew exactly when to do what. But with relationships I think my timing might as well be horrible. Maybe spending so much time on thinking rather than doing might make me miss out on a lot more than I anticipated.

 

Dream that I can never have again

That was really sweet

I think you are just like the dream

Dream that I get to keep thinking

About all day – that was really sweet

That was you

 

 

It’s been a week since the school trip and although things have settled down around here, I feel like there’s just something missing. Subject wise I’ve been doing well and surprisingly I managed to maintain a good grade in Korean class despite losing my study buddy. It wasn’t lonely in the student council room either since Jihyo unnie had started to join me after school as we went through council work together.

 

I was just sitting at my desk as Jihyo buzzed around me reorganising documents in the office. Feeling thirsty, I reached out to where I usually kept a mug of coffee in handy only to be met with thin air as my hand closed around the empty space. That was weird. I always had a mug of nice coffee that was exactly made to my tastes sitting on the edge of desk. Where was it today?

 

“Nayeon unnie, where’s my coffee?” I asked without realising my mistake or looking up from my paperwork. Since I didn’t receive an answer I looked up only to find Jihyo unnie looking at me like I was crazy.

 

“Nayeon left last week er, do you want me to make you a drink, prez?”

 

I nodded and said a soft ‘thanks’ before continuing my work. Shortly after Jihyo unnie’s coffee arrived and although it was good it was also too bitter, it wasn’t what I normally had. It wasn’t like what Nayeon usually made.

 

As the sun began to set I noticed Jihyo packing up and getting ready to leave so I also started to finish what I was doing. All that was left was just some filing which would only take five minutes. No big deal.

 

“Unnie, can you help me file these? Thanks.” I effortlessly handed Jihyo the papers and began tidying up my desk when I noticed her walking around a bit lost. “What’s wrong?”

 

“I don’t know where these papers go…” she answered a bit flustered. I nodded before looking for the folder myself. Normally I would just give the papers to Nayeon and as if she could read minds, she would be able to file the papers right away. “Sorry, I don’t usually touch any documents aside from the council statements…”

 

“It’s fine, I’m sorry for asking you to do all this. Normally-.” I was cut off by our treasurer as she finished my sentence for me.

 

“Normally, Nayeon does this type of work right? Coffee making and filing after you two finish your late work sessions.” I nodded silently as I thought over what she said. “You might seem like you’re fine and everything is normal but honestly based on what you’ve done today, you obviously miss her.”

 

I swallowed as she somehow managed to reveal my inner most secret within seconds as well as analyse how I felt even better than myself.

 

“If I miss her what should I do then?” I asked helplessly as I turned to my senior but subordinate for advice. She gave me a gentle squeeze on the shoulder as she smiled her rare but genuine smile.

 

“You have two choices: one, move on and forget about her because she is gone so just let everything become a pleasant memory. Or two, chase after her. The second option is kind of stupid but honestly with your current state I’m sure we both know what you’re going to do choose.”

 

Then she gave me a wink and a pat before exiting the council room. She stopped at the door and gave me a final piece of advice before leaving.

 

“The school can always elect another president but you might never meet another girl like her ever again.”

 

I replayed her advice over and over in my head. Was she really that special to me or was she just a friend? I had to choose now, my position or my crush? Which one meant more to me? Would I be willing to lose one for the other? Maybe I should do as my heart says instead of over thinking for once.

 

Well I don’t care

Even if you’re a sweet liar

Well I don’t care

‘Cause I will make you believe

 

Dream when you look

At me just like that

I feel like you’re so mine

Dream that makes me want to

Fall asleep again – Such a sweet dream

That’s you

 

 

“Hello, Nayeon unnie?” I had prayed silently that she would pick up and was still trying to calm down from the excitement of hearing the familiar sound of a call being answered.

 

“Hey Tzuyu, what’s up? It’s rare for you to call.”

 

“I uh know this is sudden but I uh.” I found myself stumbling over my words again as I heard her voice after such a long time.

 

What to do, keep me still~

Make me like ooh ahh ooh ahh~

 

“Your reminder is going off again, what do you have to do now?” she asked with a know-it-all tone. I could almost see her smirking on the other side of the call.

 

“It’s not a reminder tone, that’s the actual song playing in a nearby store.” I pause as I tried to phrase the next bit carefully. “I’ve come to Korea.”

 

I heard no reply from her as if urging me to continue before I spoke.

 

“I’m waiting outside the music store on your campus right now; I have something that I want to tell you personally…” 

 

 

 

A/N: Hey guys, happy Valentine's so I just decided to drop off another one shot before I disappear for good again. Please tell me if you spot any errors since I edited this while being half asleep. Also I'll try and answer all your comments so feel free to comment questions or feedback because it's fun to read about what you guys think of my random stories. ^^