The Problem With Dating

i HATE dating

His finger hit end for the third time in ten minutes. Before the call even connected he kept replaying the conversation in his mind. What the hell am I even doing. The phone buzzed in his hand and he couldn't stop himself from panicking. He checked the screen to see a notification for Candy Crush. ‘Your lives have been restored come play.’ He swiped away the notification and selected the contact icon on the home screen. His palm began to sweat. Why is calling a person, so difficult? One had to take into account that the other actually wanted to talk, or was too busy to even give them the time.

 

I stared as the names slid up across the screen and my fingers came to a slow as I neared his name. Just staring at it made my heart tighten.

 

How can one person, one  relationship, do this to a person have them on the edge of his seat anticipating the other's next move. Have him want to just stand in his presence and not even give it a second thought that yeah this person is the one.

 

Why am I so caught up in everything that he does. My eyes lingered for five seconds longer before I selected Jaebum and held the phone to my ear.

 

Does time move more slowly when you’re nervous and the anxiety is kicking in overdrive. The wait for Jaebum to pick up felt like forever and the young male could feel his heart racing as if it were trying to keep him alive more than usual.

 

I could hang up. I could call back another time. He's definitely busy. I'll just hang-

 

“Hey Jinyoung…” it was that voice, that voice that could make Jinyoung stand for hours and contemplate whether he should call Jaebum or not. The voice that automatically brought butterflies to his stomach and a smile to his face.

 

“Hey” I answered unsure of how my voice sounded. It probably sounds weak. I'm squeaking aren't I. I clear my throat straightening out my nerves. “Um…” Dammit how do I say I want to go out. Why is it so hard to say a few words when I talk to him?

 

There was a chuckle on the other end of the line. “Are you going to ask me out or are you going to have me stand here and listen to your soft breaths?” Jaebum said with ease.

 

Jinyoung knew Jaebum was smiling, he was smiling one of those ‘I think you're adorable’ smiles and he felt himself melt even more. He wasn't sure it was the fact that he was so inexperienced with dating, but everything that Jaebum said or did made him feel like he was on clouds.

 

“You didn't even let me try,” I mumbled over the phone. My eyes gazed towards the mirror in front of me and I could see myself blushing, “You never let me try…..you're just teasing me, aren't you?”

 

Jinyoung was throwing a small tantrum. “If I left it to you we would be on the phone for hours, and I can read you now…it's not teasing, I'm reading you.”

 

There it was again it's as if he's not even putting effort into speaking, his words just run smoothly off his lips. “Stop that,” I groaned making my way to the couch.

 

He hummed, “Stop what?”

 

“That your voice, stop making it like you're not even trying.” I collapsed on the couch staring at the ceiling.

 

Another chuckle rang through the phone line, “I can't help my voice…..Jinyoung.” he did that on purpose calling out the younger's name, letting it gently flow out and into Jinyoung’s ear.

 

“Jinyoung….Jinyoung….Jinyoung….”

 

“Open the door.”

 

“What,” I sat up shock staring at the door. “Open the door….I'm outside.”

 

It can't be.

 

When you thought dating had gotten simple, it did a total 180 degrees and made it complicated all over again. Was a person allowed to cause this much emotions to happen at once.

 

It should be illegal from the moment he made my heart beat faster than normal. From the moment he made me feel special. From the moment he caused me to have these emotions.

 

The doorbell rung. “Jinyoung.” His voice whispered over the phone.

 

From the moment he called my name.

 

Jinyoung opened the door with a steady hand and was greeted by the warm smile of his boyfriend’s face. Jinyoung stood there watching him trying to calculate what he was going to do next. Jaebum gently took Jinyoung’s hand pulling him closer and stared at him. He felt another hand on the small of his back pulling him even closer.

 

Jaebum entangled his fingers with Jinyoung’s spreading the cold from his hand. Jaebum dipped his head forward kissing Jinyoung’s forehead. “Can I come in,” he rested his head on top of Jinyoung’s shoulder.

 

“My parents are home,” I could feel my face become hot, but I could also feel the steady heartbeat of Jaebum as I leaned against his chest.

 

“I'm here to hang out,” Jaebum hand moved from Jinyoung’s back to lift up his chin. “I want to hang out,” he smiled again. There was no doubt that Jaebum wanted to hangout, Jinyoung could tell when the other was heated by the way Jaebum’s  eyes watched his body and right now his eyes were calm, reassuring even. Jinyoung pulled on their tangled hands and led him into the apartment.

 

“What about our date?” Jinyoung asked as they sat down on the largest couch in the living room facing the TV. Jaebum lifted up their hands and kissed Jinyoung on the knuckle of each finger. “A date doesn't have to be outside,” his eyes lifted upwards from Jinyoung’s hand to his eyes.

 

Nobody could be this smooth. Smooth enough to make your heart skip a beat more than it should probably do in a day. Have you wondering if they had some motive to be with you. Or maybe they could just be that perfect….maybe.

 

“Jaebum sweetie I didn't know you'd be over today,” A voice cheerfully rang from the other side of the room. Jinyoung’s mother stood beaming at the two, Jinyoung pulled his hands away from Jaebum, but the other quickly wrapped his arm around the younger's shoulder. “How is college sweetie?”

 

“Wonderful, a little stressful, but that's nothing new.” He answered.

 

“Are you here to take Jinyoung out?” Jinyoung’s parents were cool with their high school son dating a college student. Why? Jaebum used to be his tutor. That doesn't make it okay right he's like an adult….isn't this illegal Jinyoung always said to himself when his parents welcomed Jaebum with open arms, like he was their own son.

 

“No ma’am I'm just here to hang out with Jinyoung,” his smile was directed towards Jinyoung, “staying in is always the best option.”

 

“I hear that,” a voice boomed from around the corner, “so why are we not staying in?” Jinyoung’s father stepped from behind the wall.

 

My mother gave dad a look that would kill thousands, “How many times do I have to tell you, I won tickets for an all expense paid date and we both have the day off today, so we are going.” My dad couldn't argue with my mom she had to have it her way or nothing at all and she could throw a tantrum….I mean a real tantrum.

 

I could feel Jaebum shake from laughing and a I could feel myself smiling. My parents were probably the most loving people on earth, because no matter how much fighting they'd come home all tangled up in each other as if they were one being.

 

“Honey we'll be out till late, so don't wait up,” she did a complete 180, “do you need money for food?” She said reaching into her purse.

 

“I've got us covered Mrs. Park,” Jaebum said.

 

“Really?” She paused. “Okay then we'll be off.” Mr. Park held her by the waist leading her out carrying both their jackets.

 

The door closed and the room fell silent. Breathing came to a steady slow and there was a calming feeling between the two. Jaebum pulled Jinyoung closer into him. “So what's the plans for our date?” He leaned his head against Jinyoung’s.  Jinyoung turned directly toward his face staring at him with a glare. “It would have been a movie if we were outside,” he said with tight lips.

 

Jaebum smiled. “Don't give me one of those,” Jinyoung said slightly angry. Too close Jinyoung thought now that his face was still turned towards Jaebum. He made a move to turn away, but was stopped by the arm around his shoulder that was now on the back of his neck. “What should I give you?” Jaebum’s face was serious. Jinyoung’s face softened I don't know….actually I don't want to know what you are giving me….I don't want it nerves slowly crept into my stomach.

 

Jaebum scanned the younger's expression and leaned in capturing his slightly opened lips. They were soft, young, innocent just how Jaebum liked them. Trembling as he took control, you would think Jinyoung would be used to this by now, but it felt new every time. Jaebum brought his other arm around Jinyoung’s waist pulling him in, so he couldn't run away….

 

God I hate dating.

Jinyoung

>>>>>>>>>>

Awwwweeee. I really enjoyed writing this story it was short and sweet and gave me butterflies. I hope you readers enjoyed it as well. Leave a comment below letting me know what you think or if you just want to talk XD thanx.