Chapter 2

Adventure Time!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rustle.

 

Rustle.

 

Rustle.

 

Snap!

 

“shhhhhhhhhhh”

 


“YOU’RE THE ONE WHO STEPPED ON THE BRANCH-“

 

“shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh”

 

“I-“

 

“SHHHHHHHHHHASDFGHJKL”

 

Frustrated, the green-haired warrior lets out a groan that almost sounded like a whine when The Squirtle was keeping their pace in the path (after23 minutes of arguing who’ll be guiding back in the guild) which is excruciatingly slow.

 

Beaten, or most likely lost in rows of rock-paper-scissor, Joy has to let her partner lead the way. She doesn’t want to get into any deeper feud with the latter since the request their commencing now is not that high-ranked, but to her dismay, she regrets everything after an hour later.

 

They have not even reach 20 steps the past 5 minutes since they entered the forest.

 

“can we please move faster?!”

 

“no! I am in charge, you go under my rules!”

 

Seriously though, Yeri is currently having a blast and truth be told, she just wanted to annoy Joy because she knows the older will always give in by the end of their argument. She thank her irresistibly cute appearance for that.

 

“Yeri please-“

 

“shhh!”

 

“OH MY GOD KIM YERI-“

 

“seriously! Did you hear that?” Yeri whispers.

 

With her alarm, the bounty hunters stopped on their track and began to wonder their eyes around to catch a glimpse of whatever is making the rustling sound which doesn’t came from them.

 

“who’s there?!” the pair immediately takes out their respective weapon, leaning against each other’s back as thy aim every space their weapon can reach when they heard the rustling once more.

 

The sound becomes more audible as seconds pass and just then, a silhouette, rather midget in size, ran pass under their legs.

 

“YERI!” Joy signals The Squirtle.

 

“I SAID I’M IN CHARGE!” the latter fights back but nonetheless chase after the said silhouette as commanded, skilfully avoiding the trees and vines along the trail while the warrior tails them from branches.

 

A few bullets are released but the silhouette is able to avoid each and every one of it as it continues to run, making the shooter yells in frustration. “HOW DARE YOU AVOUD THE SQUIRTLE’S SHOTS YOU STUPID LIL PIECE OF HOPNOCKER(?)-“ she does not even know what she is talking about but it is a habit that she can’t kick.

 

Joy in the other hand, is getting nearer and nearer to their prey, trying to initiate an attack aerially with her blade in her hand. Once she gets a sight of the shadow, she squints her eyes to see what it is. Her pace suddenly went slow as her face gapes in… horror?

 

Noticing her partner’s state, Yeri slowed down too. She grabs her by the shoulder when she landed back on ground.

 

“What was it?”

 

“its… it’s a..” Joy stammers.

 

“SPEAK MATE!”

 

“a… a loaf of b-bread” she finishes with a horrified expression, but not a single sign of scared or what not.

 

“what-“

 

“with legs..”

 

If it weren’t for another rustling sound again, Yeri would probably punch the guts out of the warrior upon the details (which she thought was a joke), curiosity won as she jumps on a branch to witness it for herself.

 

“I NEED TO SEE IT” She semi shouts, feeling left out of all the fun beings her partner had seen without her present, her movement becomes rapid.

 

Just as she was nearing the said legged bread, a bigger silhouette suddenly came into the scene from another direction and snatched her target away, causing her to flinch in shock and fell of the last branch, luckily Joy was tailing her from the ground and quickly catches her.

 

“Aye mate, you okay?” Yeri says nothing as she stomps her feet, completely ignoring her friend who’s currently rubbing her sored forearms. Yeri might be small to the world but heck, she’s heavy.

 

“Something snatched that stupid bread! This is unfair!” she whines.

 

“Yeri, look!” Joy points at something next to Yeri’s feet. Yeri then stops and foll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter