1 Second (Wonho)

One Second

' Ooh no no no' he pulled you back and wiggled his finger at you. 'We're going on the ferris wheel' he smiled as though the whole idea was his to begin with and you frowned.
'But you just told me-'
'Yeah I know' he laughed in a sarcastic way before continuing. 'But you're be fine with it until tonight and you'll turn on me like I owe you something because we didn't go on. You'll be all why won't you get me this small little thing, we didn't go on the ferris wheel because of you and I rea-' you covered his mouth with your hand. A mocking expression still lingered on his face and your frowned deepened.
'I'm not that superficial'
'I never said you were… just deceitful' his eyes widened on the last word and he resumed pulling you towards the ferris wheel. The closer you got the slower Wonho seemed to get.
'You know my dad was acrophobic' Wonho stopped for a second at the mention of your parent but shook his head as if you were speaking nonsense before carrying on walking.
'I'm not scared ___-ah'
'But you do suffer from acroph-'
'It flares up every now and then' he commented making you laugh.
'It's a phobia not a rash' you rolled your eyes and looked down at his hand entwined with yours. You two rarely had any skinship so the image that shouldn't make you happy, made you smile.
'Two tickets please'
'Do you have a bucket he might thr-'
'Okay ____-ah' you giggled as Wonho all but shoved you in the carriage and hopped in himself. The space was surprisingly roomy with seats on both sides and glass all around to get the best views of Hong Kong. Your 'not frightened' boyfriend sat with his eyes closed in the middle of the seat on the left causing you to laugh out loud.
'Err Wonho…' he cocked an eyebrow to show he was listening and you cupped his chin. 'We're not moving yet'
'I'm getting mentally prepared'
'I thought you said it only flares up every now and then' you exclaimed and grabbed hold of the metal bar.
'It's flaring up tonight I guess' he shrugged and you sighed.
As the wheel turned more and more you were lifted above almost every building in the city.
'Wonho this is amazing'
'Don't care'
You shook you head and continued admiring the landscape and how beautiful it looked at this height. If only Wonho would share it with you. You could see how the city lit up at night and it took your breath away.
While you were staring at one of the taller buildings you felt your boyfriend slip his hand around your arm and gently tug as he lifted himself to his feet. With his eyes still closed. You looked at him concerned.
'What?' you asked after a second.
'Nothing, you just haven't spoken for a while. Got a bit nervous'
'It's not like I could have gone anywhere'
'But it started feeling like I was alone' he sounded just as nervous as he looked but it's not like you could do anything about it. You patted his hand and saw a smile break across his face.
'You really hate this?'
'It's not a pleasant feeling' he was still smiling despite shaking slightly.
'We could have just gone back to the hotel and got ice cream or something'
'No' you sighed and leaned your head against his shoulder.
'I feel like I'm with my blind granddad'
'Yah!' you laughed out loud and angled his body (including his face) towards the best view of the city before hugging him from behind.
'Will you just open your eyes and stare straight ahead for like 2 seconds'
'0.5 seconds?' he negotiated. You laughed.
'1.5 seconds?'
'1 second?'
You nodded your head and put your hand flat under his eyes so most of the view of the ground would be blocked out. You may be partly responsible for him being up here but you weren't a monster.
Wonho opened his eyes for the 1 second and shut them again before smiling.
'Beautiful huh?' you raised your eyebrow and spoke into his ear. He nodded. 'How about we go for those two seconds now' Wonho laughed and turned in your arms before hugging you tight.
'How about a dance?'
'You're not good at that with your eyes open so I doubt with them closed…'
'Will you just-' You hooked your hands around his neck and pulled him in for a kiss. Not many things stopped this boy from talking but you were happy when you found this method worked perfectly.