First touch

Look my way

Yoongi drops to the floor beside Jimin's chair as the lecture continues for another hour. The lecturer walks back and forth through the rows of tables, walking through Yoongi every other time, but he doesn't care. It's a routine for Yoongi to follow Jimin everywhere the latter goes 24/7. Yoongi has nothing to do besides protecting Jimin from any harm. It's his obligation since Jimin summoned him when he was a kid. Jimin probably had done it by accident - from reading some sort of broken spell through words his young self had been able to read. 

Jimin has only seen him once in his lifetime. Right when the spell's worked and Yoongi appeared in a cloud of cold white smoke. Jimin was utterly frightened to the point that he passed out. After he woke, he couldn't see Yoongi anymore, but Yoongi still stays by his side. It gets lonely everyday since twelve years ago. Jimin is nineteen now. Yoongi was a few years older than Jimin when he was summoned. He ages along with his human half. Yoongi thinks he's around twenty one.

Throughout his wake, Yoongi has only seen five souls like himself. However, none of them wanted to start anything with Yoongi. Aren't they lonely? Yoongi can't even communicate with his human. 

The idea frustrates Yoongi, so he stands and sends a look at Jimin before leaving the classroom for some time alone. It's been a month since Yoongi has last left Jimin's side for a moment. Nothing's happened the last time he's left his human, so nothing could possibly happen now. Yoongi walks down the empty corridors and takes a deep breath. He's so bored. He sees two students turn a corner ahead and walk towards him, but as usual, they pass through him and remind him again that he's just a ghost. He's in his reverie when he's suddenly bumped against a shoulder. It's a very light brush, but the feeling is definitely there. Something bubbles in his chest and it's almost the first ever emotion he's felt since a long time. He doesn't waste his time and turns around to round the student and approach him from the front. 

The distracted student halts in his steps and looks up, meeting Yoongi's eyes. It takes everything in Yoongi from hugging the student and screaming his joy right then and there because he's just so so relieved. His hopes are crushed a second later, however, when said student sees past him and walks through him like nothing has happened. Yoongi doesn't want to believe the student, so he tries to get his attention again. He tries touching him, but nothing. His limbs pass through and the student really makes it as if he's really invisible. Literally he is, but Yoongi is sure the student can see him. 

The bell suddenly rings, and Yoongi becomes torn between going back to Jimin or the student. He's getting further and further away, so Yoongi just sighs heavily and opt to remember the student's features. He's a brunette... taller than himself, tanned, has dark brown irises, long eyelashes, a light mole under his nose... Yoongi stops himself from his mental noting; scared how much he's took notice in such a short time. He wonders if he knows that much about his own human. Perhaps he does because he's been living with him all this time. 

Coming back to Jimin's side, Yoongi makes it his mission to look for the student again tomorrow.