In The Rain

In The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin is in the driver’s seat of his car checking the time on his watch as he waits for someone.

He usually sits and waits in the bench near the entrance of the building but it’s raining today so he opted to stay in the car. The weather report earlier this morning did mention it might rain today but he didn’t expect for it to be pouring this much.

 

 

The bell rings and some kids start coming out of the building so Jin took his umbrella and went out of the car then made his way inside. Few kids crowd in the doorway as they look and wait for their parents, Jin on the other hand is scanning the place for someone.

Seconds later he found him, a small boy looking lost among the sea of older kids.

“Taehyungie!” he calls, raising his hand to get the kid’s attention. As soon as the kid sees him, he runs towards him so Jin kneels down and opens his arms to welcome the kid in a hug.

“Jin-hyung!” the kid greets excitedly.

“How was your lesson today?” Jin asks as he opens the umbrella and holds the kid’s hand with his as they both started walking towards his car. The kid then started talking about how his lesson went and that his instructor praised him today while Jin listened intently.

The kid finished talking in time for them to arrive at the car. He helps the kid get in the passenger seat and put the seatbelt on him, then walks around and gets inside the driver’s seat as well.

 

 

- - -

 

 

The drive to the restaurant seems to be taking long since it was already rush hour and the rain made the traffic worse than usual. But it’s okay because he already called in advance for a reservation as he happens to be a regular customer at the French restaurant so he didn't need to worry about not getting a table.

He turned to his right and noticed the kid had fallen asleep. He must be tired from his piano lesson Jin thinks.

Taehyung is the youngest kid in the piano class he is attending every weekend. He might be the youngest and smallest but he is very bright and smart and can keep up with the older kids. He was supposed to take piano lessons when he turned eight but he insisted he wants to start early. He was so stubborn and had a really good argument that he eventually convinced his uncle to let him. So here he is taking piano lessons at the age of six.

Jin smiles as he pats the kid’s head lightly to not wake him up, he reminds him of someone.

 

Jungkook had done the same thing in the past. He was also stubborn and would never give-up on something once he had set his mind on it. He is quiet most of the time but when he does open his mouth, one will know he is actually highly intelligent. He once persuaded Jin to do something, something he thought he would never do.

That something happened on a rainy day.

 

 

*

Jin walks back and forth in his dorm room contemplating about something.

He stops, sighs, then continues pacing back and forth again.

Then he finally decided to go near the window, peek through the curtains and look outside.

 

Two stories down, a guy is standing inside a phone booth, trapped as the heavy rain continues to pour outside.

Jin closes the curtain and walks towards his bed then dives flat on it. 

This time he rolls from the top of the bed to the bottom part, back and forth. He still can’t make up his mind and doesn't know what to do because it doesn’t look like the guy is leaving anytime soon.

 

He finally stands up, grabs his umbrella and makes his way downstairs.

 

He walks out and slowly approaches the phone booth and stops in front of the guy who is standing still while looking down on the ground.

The guy in front of him is Jungkook, he is a junior at Jin’s university and had been pursuing him for months. He first met him when they both enrolled at the same class and was paired together for a project. During those times they were making the said project they had spent a lot of time together and developed feelings for each other. But Jin started avoiding Jungkook after the project was done, not because he didn’t like him but because he was afraid.

He was afraid of falling for someone younger than him, he kept thinking of the generation gap even though their age difference is not big. But age aside, Jin was afraid because it was his first time feeling something like that towards someone, that someone happens to be a fellow guy and he wasn’t sure what it was.

 

Jin stood there under his umbrella in front of Jungkook, he didn’t try to get inside the phone booth or do anything.

Jungkook raised his head up and met eyes with Jin.

They stared at each other for a few seconds.

Jin noticed Jungkook is teary eyed and was shaking a little from the cold. He started to get worried. Jungkook has been there outside his dorm for three hours and when it started to rain, instead of leaving and going home or getting inside the dorm and pressure Jin to let him in, he went inside the phone booth and waited there.

Jin thought Jungkook would stop pursuing him when they finished the class at the end of the semester but Jungkook insisted his feelings towards him hadn't changed.

 

While they stare at each other, Jin saw t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter