-Final-

Every Day, Every Hour

Word count:795

 

Taeyeon seems stuck in her routine. Nothing happens, nothing changes. 

She just, eat, sleeps, showers, works and repeat. No drinking, no smoking. No hanging out with friends. No nothing. 

She's safe in her flat, in her bed more specifically. Where her blanket still smells faintly of Sooyeon's perfume and she can still find her bleached hairstrands. 

 

The sound of something being moved and set up outside doesn't draw too much of Taeyeon's attention. She figures it's just some build work in progress again. She hugs the duvet closer too herself and burries her head in her worn out pillow. 

 

Music starts to play and not the slow, soft kind that Taeyeon favors now days. It starts slow but soon a rather upbeat tempo with electric guitar and drumbs and possibly the sound of a bass kicks in. The music plays with no vocals for so long, that Taeyeon thinks that they are either just testing the instruments or it's a instrumental sort of song. 

 

"All the life she has seen, all the meaner side of me" The familiar soft california accented voice sings as the song return to the sound of piano.  Taeyeon sits up in shock. Her hair ruffled and her duvet somehow ending up on top of her head. 

"They took away the prophet's dream, for a profit on the street" Taeyeon slowly made her way towards the window closest to the source of the sound. Taking ragged breaths as her hand blindly reached for the blinds.

"Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow" Jessica's hopeful eyes as she held onto that mic as if it where her life line. The neckless Taeyeon thought Jessica had thrown away long ago around the blonde's neck and tears of happiness gleamed in Taeyeon's eyes. 

"..Jessica.." She choked. The woman continued to sing and held one hand to cup her ear to tell the pijama clad woman to say it louder. To drown out all the other noise. 

"Jessica!" Taeyeon almost jumped out the window so she could leap into the american-born woman's embrace. 

Jessica let out a bright, ear to ear sort of smile in amusement. She could tell her Taengoo was excited and bewildered all at the same time. When they music faded and Jessica put away the mic and stepped of the stage it didn't take long before the figure that was by the window came running from the apartment complex's lobby towards the taller woman. 

Taeyeon's body collided with Jessica's, their arms wrapping around the other's figure,sharing a warm hug. 

"All the kicks and all the blows, she won't ever let it show" Jessica continues to sing into Taeyeon's ear. 

"When you've been fighting for all your life, you've been struggling to make things right." Taeyeon doesn't mind, what matters is Jessica's hair in the shorter woman's face and their bodies laced together so tightly one could hardly tell where one begins and the other ends.

"Every day, every hour. Turn that pain into power" Taeyeon decides to finally join in. Hugging the other woman's body closer to herself she harmonises as she continues. 

"All the hurt, all the lies. All the tears that they cry. When the moment is just right, you'll see fire in their eyes." Jessica breaks the hug and puts her hands on Taeyeon's shoulders so she could get a better view of the face she missed so much. 

"You've been struggling to make things right" They finish and hug each other close like the other would evaporate into thin air. 

 

***

 "I'm sorry I hurt you" Jessica admits and avoids eye contact. Taeyeon shakes her head and cups the taller woman's cheeks, making her look at the older woman. 

"It's alright now" Taeyeon says determined. With a firm nod of her head causing the blonde woman to giggle. 

"Once a dork, always a dork." She says and pulls the shorter woman in for yet another hug.

"I'm sorry too" Taeyeon says. Her eyes searching Jessica's. "For not letting you in, for pushing you aside" Tears seem to gleam in Jessica's eyes but not the sorrowful kind that Taeyeon saw back then. Jessica smiles softly and immitatres Taeyeon's earlier nod. "It's okay" she assures.

 

***

 

It all feels so familiar and natural. The way their hands fit perfectly together and how their bodies mould together like two pieces of a puzzle. 

Even their small fights and arguments feel natural. Like they only known each other their entire lives. 

But this time they aren't letting go. Leaving each other's side doesn't seem natutal at all. Even if it's just for a buissnes trip or grocery shopping.

They feel the most natural together.

"Turn that pain into power, every day every hour"