Final

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Winter had always been Jiyong’s least favorite season. The sun sets far too early for his liking, and with winter came the cold that chilled the air leaving him with a runny nose, and ruddy cheeks. His usually soft skin dries in the bitter wind and he always finds more difficult to leave the warmth of his bed in the mornings. The streets may have been decorated cheerfully for the approaching holidays, but he only cringed away from the gaudy decorations and any places blasting Christmas songs. Those stupid jingles always scattered his train of thought, and all of a sudden those carefully crafted melodies and lyrics he had yet to write down would disappear. 

 

Jiyong hates winterthat is until he meets Seungri.


 

He’d woken up late, forgotting his music notebook in his mad rush to get to his job, and by the time he’d realized he’d left it, he was already halfway to the building. When he’d turned around to run back to his apartment, Jiyong had slipped on a patch of ice, and judging by the way he was sneezing he also seemed to have caught a cold. Suffice to say, he was having a terrible day and just wanted it to be over.

By the time he walks home it’s already dark; the sun set hours ago, but the street lamps and the strings of christmas lights adorning the nearby buildings leaves the roads well lit. Snow falls in a light flurry, coating the ground in a thin layer.

Jiyong is pissed and tired. He wants nothing more than to get home and take a much needed hot bath. He’s got his headphones in and keeps his eyes to the phone tucked in his hands, messages from his roommate Youngbae flooding the screen.

All of a sudden, Jiyong’s on his in the snow, a brown liquid seeping into his clothes. The smell of coffee wafts to his nose, but its cold. At least he has that going for him.

But Jiyong can’t help but curse loudly, ignoring the pair of gloved hands trying to help him up. He’s just about to scream, let the stranger have a piece of his mind and just release all his pent up frustration, but, as he lifts his eyes to meet the stranger, his breath catches in his throat and he lets out a strained, strangled sound.

His face is almost as pale as the surrounding snow, aside from the small flecks of red covering his cheeks and ears, and the dark bags underneath his large chocolate brown eyes. a large red muffler covers the bottom half of his face. His hair, though cropped somewhat short, is a platinum blond. In the light of the street lamp his face is cast in a soft glow making the boy look almost angelic. Jiyong resists the urge to run his hand through the boys hair, wondering if its as soft as it looks. 

Although it sounds ridiculously cliche, Jiyong thinks the boy in front of him is nothing short of perfection.

He finally tunes in to what the boy is saying when a hand is shoved underneath his face. He grabs the hand and the boy helps him stand up again. He reaches for his muffler, lowers it so Jiyong can hear him better.

“Oh my god. I’m so sorry.”

“No, it’s fine. I was also partially at fault. I wasn’t looking where i was going.” Jiyong smiles brightly at the boy, all traces of his previous volatile attitude gone.

“Yeah, but my shirt’s not the one covered in coffee.”

“Hey, at least it was cold.” The two grin at each other and Jiyong reaches his hand towards the boy. “Kwon Jiyong, 25.”

“Lee Seunghyun, age 23, but people usually call me Seungri. I guess that makes you my hyung.” Seungri grabs Jiyong's hand and shakes it firmly, perhaps a few seconds longer than what constituted as a normal hand shake. Finally the two let their hands drop, both giving a slight cough.

“So hyung,” Seungri states, his eyes glancing down at Jiyong’s clothes then back up at Jiyong. “as a good dongsaeng I feel I should compensate you for ruining  your clothes.”

Jiyong’s about to protest, say it was no big deal and that no harm was done. but shuts his mouth and contemplates the moment for a bit. He takes a chance.

“Alright then, Seungri-ah. Why don’t you compensate me by buying me dinner?” This time its Seungri’s turn to mull over the offer, but he only stays quiet for a few seconds before a small grin appears on the boys face and he nods. Jiyong lets out a small breath he didn’t know he was holding, and inclines his head to the boy, signaling him to follow.

 

 As the two walk down the street together, Jiyong thinks he might grow to like the winter.