Chapter Sixteen

Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae who has been trying to catch a sleep finally gives up. He has been resting the whole day so although it is way past midnight already he doesn’t feel any kind of exhaustion. He releases a long sigh and turns his head to see the raindrops that are pouring outside.

Unconsciously, Donghae steps down from bed and moves leisurely toward the window. He holds out his hand and touches the cold window as his mind is wandering around to her again, to one of their memories.

-flashback-

“Stay here, Yul. I’ll go buy the ice cream that you’ve been craving for.”

“Gwenchana, I’ll go with you oppa.” Donghae smiled at her as he pushed Yuri gently until she sat at the bench.

“Just sit here, okay? You’ve been working really hard for your exams, let me pamper you for a while.” He chuckled when he saw Yuri pouting at him.

“Wait for me, baby.” Donghae kissed her forehead as he started to walk toward the ice cream stall.

Although it was night already, but the park was still crowded. Hence, lots of people were lining up on the ice cream stall. So Donghae went out from the park and went to buy the ice cream at a convenient store instead. He wanted to quickly come back to Yuri so they could spend more time together.

After having the ice creams in his hands, he walked toward the park with a huge grin on his face. But he suddenly stopped when he heard someone screaming from the dark alley that he passed by. He frowned when he saw silhouettes of people moving in the dark.

As he found himself walking toward them, he could saw three men surrounding a woman. The woman who’s Yuri was trembling uncontrollably. Donghae immediately let go of the ice creams as he pounced toward the man who was gagging Yuri’s mouth. The man instantly fell down from the unexpected attack as Donghae quickly pulled Yuri toward his back with his left arm threw back to hold her body in a protective way.

As expected, the other two men both lunged forward to attack Donghae but he skillfully dodged them with his other hand and his feet. He made sure that he was still holding Yuri to make sure the girl is safe when he attacked the men back.

“Oppa, watch out!” Was the last sentence that he heard before he felt a hard punch on his cheek and kicks on both of his legs which made him laid down on the ground. He then saw the man who has fallen down before grabbing a big stone and was about to hit his head with it but he swiftly rolled his body away as he kicked the man’s shin powerfully making him fell back again. He stood up as he was about to attacked them again but stopped when he saw the three men running away, saving their own life.

“Don’t you dare to touch any girl again!” Donghae shout on the top of his lungs while clenching his fists. He was breathing rapidly as the anger seeing Yuri in danger was still there. All of a sudden, warm fingers are touching his face and he winced.

“Oppa, let’s get home to tend your bruise.”

He quickly turned toward Yuri and immediately pulled the girl into his arms.

“Yuri ah, gwenchana? Did they hurt you?”

“No, they didn’t have time for that. You already come and save me. Gomawo, oppa.”

Donghae sighed as he tightened his hold, he didn’t want to remember seeing Yuri like that, it felt like he would lose her and that was the last thing that he wanted to happen. “Babo Yul, what are you doing here? Didn’t I ask you to stay at the park?”

He felt Yuri buried her head in his chest as she muttered sheepishly, “Mianhe oppa, I didn’t see you at the ice cream stall so I went to search for you. Then, I ended up here.”

“Oh yeah, the ice cream.” He turned his head to his left to see the ice creams were melted all around the ground. He then pulled away from their embrace and said, “I’ll buy the ice cream again. This time, with you stick next to me.”

He grabbed her hand and started to walk only to be stopped by Yuri. He winced again when the girl’s hand touched his face.

“You are bleeding, oppa. Forget about the ice cream and let me treat your bruise, alright?”

After lots of nagging and persuasion, the stubborn Donghae finally gave up to his girl’s demand and hopelessly being dragged by Yuri toward his house.

Donghae couldn’t keep his eyes away from the girl who was treating his bruise seriously. From her warm finger that would touched his bruise cautiously, her dark eyes that attentively scanning his face as in searching for any other wound, her cheeks that would occasionally bloated when she carefully apply the ointment, to her pursed lips, he noticed it all.

“What are you looking at, oppa?”

“Hmm?” He just hummed nonchalantly as his eyes remained at the same place. 

He sees the girl cocked her eyebrow as she looked away to pick the band-aid. She hurriedly covered his bruise with it and clapped her hand while shouting, “Done!”

Seeing Yuri being all bubbly made Donghae felt relief, he was really concern that she would be traumatized from the early event. His smile grew wider until he felt he had flexing his face muscle.

“Oppa, you know I really love to see you smile, especially when your eyes would form into these cute crescents shape.” He recognized her fingers that trailing along the side of his eye lids. “But you have bruises on your face, don’t you think that would…”

“Ouch!!” Donghae interpreted Yuri’s talk with him wincing all of a sudden. “That’s what I was about to say. You would get hurt oppa. Are you okay?”      

“Well I think I’m not.” He opened his arms to hugged Yuri’s waist as he cheekily said, “With you frowning like that, how would I be okay?”

“Yah oppa!” Yuri hit his arms playfully as she tried to cover her reddened face. “Yuri ah, why are you hiding your face from me? Do you forget that I love to see your blushing face? Maybe seeing it would make me feel okay.” Donghae was grinning mischievously when he saw Yuri buried her head in his chest. He suddenly got a bright idea in order to view his girl’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter