Fight and Defend

A Horrible Mistake

 

I hope you all enjoy! And tell me what you think :)

 

------------------

 

It had been an accident that would not be repeated President Yang had said.

I’m so sorry” the President had sobbed.

He would sue the person responsible into ruin YG had insisted, outraged, even as he clutched Jiyong’s small frame closer to his own body, much like a father would a son.

I’ll make it better I promise, anything you want, I’ll give you more protection and the boys can stay with you till you feel secure again just please Jiyongie fight this for me, don’t let that bastard destroy you”. President Yang had all but begged, desperately hugging YG’s golden child’s slim waist and back with an overwhelming strength as they embraced in the older man’s office.

At the time it had seemed almost as if the President of YG had been trying to force the broken pieces left of GD back together.

And even then, all the King of Kpop, on hearing those words could do was tremble uncontrollably still reeling from events, bend his head forward gracefully and nod slightly against YG’s chest as a way of silently agreeing to the Presidents demands.

 

--------------------

 

In hindsight it should have been obvious what was going on and in the aftermath of events Jiyong’s team blamed themselves for letting things go on as long as they did.

How had the make-up noona’s not noticed the bruises they so casually covered up on the face of their favourite YG artist?

How could the stylists not get suspicious as every other week clothes belonging to their one and only fashionable leader were constantly being sent back to them for adjustments as the waistband of his trousers got smaller and the size of his jackets got slimmer?

How did the coordinator hyung’s not pick up on the twenty year old’s distress and anxiety as slowly but surely his dance moves began to lose their sharpness, as his breathing began to become even more laboured than usual and as small trips and falls during stage practice became common place during Jiyong’s dance sets.

More importantly and an area of constant guilt amongst the members was how BigBang, Jiyong’s brothers in all but blood had not recognised the fear living behind their adorable leaders eyes. How they had not even registered as his laughter slowly died, as his hands began to constantly shake and as a sense of constant paranoia fell over their most loved hyung.

Worst of all was how no one even noticed that whenever Jiyong’s manger requested to see the boy, the perfectionist rapper would always leave the room seeming on the verge of a panic attack only to come back some time later silent as sin, eyes red with the manger hyungs hand tightly gripping his bony shoulder.

 

--------------------

 

I’m so scared” GD had once desperately whispered into Bae’s ear, clutching the muscular boys hand tightly just before they were due to step out on stage at one of their many concerts.

Taeyang at the time had been confused by the declaration and wondered how could someone like BigBang’s leader be afraid? Did Jiyongie not realise he was special? Or who he was?

Jiyong the boy who had talent and charisma seeping out from his pores, Jiyong YG’s baby and the star of the Kpop industry, Jiyong so beautiful, without a mean bone in his body, who worked so hard for everything he had and who had come so far from the self-conscious boy Yongbae had first met, Jiyong the sweet sensitive soul who everyone could not help but adore, afraid?

Taeyang had not been able to understand it and the time Bae had spent contemplating the words was the opportunity he had missed to ask Jiyong what in fact he was scared of, or more importantly who?

 

--------------------

 

The final answer to the mystery of G Dragons behaviour came about on an occasion that more evidence of something not quite right between Jiyong and his manager came to the others attention.

This time however the entirety of BigBang was present to witness the events.

I have to get this fixed, I just have to” Jiyong anxiously exclaimed to his fellow members as he paced madly around the dressing room one particular evening before an Inkigayo showcase.

Oh god please can one of you just help me with it” GD all but begged giving up on the fight and turning to his brothers in desperation as the exceedingly expensive customized YG Entertainment gold plated belt around Jiyong’s narrow waist once again slipped off.

You need to relax hyung, the belt looks fine what do you even need help with?” the mankee, Seungri from his positon on the sofa answered soothingly to Jiyong’s exclamation, knowing their leader’s habit of worrying.

It’s too lose, it’s going to fall when I dance I know it will but I can’t put it any tighter on my own” Jiyong explained in a panic as his amber eyes darted all around the small dressing room looking for some miracle solution to the problem even as he once again began to fiddle with the large belt buckle.

Just leave it Jiyongie, I agree with mankee honestly it looks really good on you like that and I’m sure the stylists will understand if it’s a bit loose” Younbae piped up next, shooting at kind smile GD’s way as he recognised the panic starting to set into his most loved friend.

That’s not the point Bae, I was told how I was supposed to wear it and people will be angry if I don’t buckle it right” Jiyong practically sobbed almost sounding on the verge of tears.

Seeing as the small leader was not getting the help he wanted from the other members, Ji turned to his hyung in a last ditch effort to get the belt tightened.

G Dragon shakily went over to TOP who was playing on his phone across the other side of the dressing room.

Hyung can you please help me” Ji pleaded voice trembling as he stood in front of the oldest member of BigBang, holding out the two ends of the designer belt now resting about his narrow hips.

One second Ji baby… okay, let’s try together” TOP murmured warmly in a sweet manner as he put away his phone and focused all his attention on the task at hand.

Now having garnered the attention of all the other members from their previous forms of distraction, the boys watched affectionately as their leader stressed, even while they saw the tenderness with which Seunghyun handled the belt situation to please GD’s perfectionist tendency.

Alright, I can defiantly adjust it but Jiyongie it’s going to be really tight, it’ll hurt to breath let alone dance, are you sure you can’t just wear it this way” TOP attempted to sway Ji’s opinion even as he visualised indeed how restricting the belt would be once buckled on the tightest clasp.

No! I mean… no… it’s fine hyung, please just do it” GD insisted with relief as Tabi confirmed the belt could be fixed properly.

If I don’t wear this right mangershi is going to kill me” Jiyong whispered to himself as the blonde boy forcibly calmed down from the near panic attack he had just gone through at the thought of his manger finding out about the belt problem.

Having heard the muttered comment, the oldest member of BigBang frowned slightly in concern at Ji's tone. After all the older rapper though ‘why should what the manager thinks matter in regards to a wardrobe issue? And why would their fearless leader be afraid of the consequences when Yongie never normally cared what others thought both when it came to his music and his fashion?’

It made no sense to Seunghyun and got him mind turning, but never the less he did as Ji asked.

TOP lifted the belt high to the smallest part of Jiyong’s waist, which really was very slim, he registered in passing, even as the older rapper used his large, warm hands to carefully pull GD’s sharp hips closer to himself and gave the expensive belt a few experimental tugs to see how much he had to work with.

With a final nod of satisfaction Seunghyun dragged his black eyes away from their area of previous focus on Ji’s distracting toned legs to look up at the song writer’s flawless yet still distressed face.

On three ok…One two THREE” TOP spoke out loud, calmly never breaking eye contact, before harshly wrenching the belt to the tightest buckle clip on the word three and securing it with little effort. As Jiyong, at the same time breathed in his smooth, flat tummy and lifted his skinny arms up to his chest attempting to make the process easier.

Once letting go of the belt Tabi pulled his hands away from Ji’s waist quickly almost in apology when he saw just how much pain GD was in with the belt so tight, it really did, despite the producers’ petite frame, look like it was cutting into the younger boys’ hip bones.

Is it okay Ji hyung? How does it feel?” Daesung queried leaning forward in his chair having yet to see the result, but concerned after witnessing the seemingly painful method by which TOP had tightened the belt.

The silence that answered Dae’s question had the other members of BigBang leaning forward in their seats, also trying to catch a glimpse of GD’s down turned face.

“Yongie?” Taeyang prompted voice concerned as all that came from the leaders’ slightly hunched form for a time was shallow gasps of air.

I’m alright Bae, guys don’t worry I just needed to catch my breath” the blonde boy finally responded quietly to his longest running best friend’s question.

Attempting to emphasis the point G Dragon shot a forced yet still dazzling smile sideways towards his bandmates, full of false reassurance and bravado trying to reduce their concern.

It seemed no one was convinced by the half-hearted “I’m alright” they constantly heard from their leader however, because the others knew he said it all the time, even at the worst moments, like when he was about to pass out.

With this fact known the boys all got up and made their way over to Jiyong.

TOP still being the closest reached the hit song writer first and wrapped his long fingers around a thin arm to get the younger boy’s attention. The older rapper barely registered as he did this that his fingers circled G Dragon’s upper arm entirely, something he was sure he couldn’t do even with Dara noona’s forearm.

Tabi gently pulled Jiyong in his direction and once this was accomplished he used his other hand to tilt the stubborn man’s serene face up.

The rest of the boys having reached the rap duo by now all shared mirroring faces of affection and concern towards their blonde haired brother as they caught sight of the emotions that marred the normally flawless face.

Ji are you sure you’re alright? Because I know you, so don't pretend you're ok when you're not. We've all noticed something's different about you" The oldest member questioned even as the rest of BigBang murmured in affirmative at Tabi's words.

"How your acting right now has nothing to do with the belt...does it?” TOP breathed softly his other hand cupping a soft slightly hollow cheek as black eyes bored into amber ones questioningly.

The battle of wills lasted a while and resulted in a slight blush but almost as if a damn was being broken, GD eventually gave a small whimper of defeat and opened his mouth to explain the reason behind his resent behaviour.

A weight almost felt like it was being lifted from the youngest Kwon’s shoulders as he finally lowered his barriers and gave in to his desperate, but for a long time suppressed, need to tell someone about the way his manger treated him and how Jiyong lived his life in a constant state of fear.

Hyung I…”  the perfectionist began but was cut off before he could even begin to answer the oldest band member’s question, as G Dragons manager himself burst into the changing room.

“Jiyong! Where the hell have you been?! Come here now I have to talk with you!” the older man barked out his sharp voice filling the entire room and making GD jump in surprise at the sudden unexpected intrusion.

Turning to his manager Ji visibly paled and, despite him knowing it was to late, stuttered out “B but managershi I didn’t…”

I said come HERE!” the manager, who didn't care for excuses, now furiously shouted at BigBang’s leader, advancing on the rapper.

The angry red faced man suddenly fast approaching made the younger boy instinctively recoil and take a step back only to bump into Tabi’s strong chest.

The entirety of BigBang seemed to be completely at a loss for words as they witnessed the way Ji’s recently appointed manager was talking to their leader, no respect was given at all for who GD was, even caring or politeness was lacking in the man's tone towards YG’s baby.

They had never seen anything like it, everyone always acted with love towards Jiyong because the YG staff knew how much the youngest Kwon needed it.

Taeyang was especially appalled by the behaviour even more so when he noticed his best friend violently trembling as the bulky manager, still stalking forward, grabbed the skinny fashionista roughly by his delicate wrist and tugged the boy so harshly away from TOP’s chest that the young rapper had to scramble to not trip over his own feet.

Witnessing this, Bae's anger doubled as he observed that the way his closest friend hunched over, belayed the fact to YB that Ji was used to getting beaten by the elder staff member.

Still it was only the small cry of pain Jiyong gave out at the manager’s treatment that seemed to break the stunned spell all the other BigBang members were living in, the result of this being Yongbae yelling out incensed…

Hey what do you think you’re doing?! You can’t drag him around like that! Let go of my best friend!” …soon to be joined in his rant by the other bandmates, all advancing instinctively to defend their leader whilst shouting abuse at Jiyong’s new manager, who had only been working at YG for three months.

Although equally as angry as the others, TOP decided on the physical route to getting GD away from the older YG employee.

Therefore rather than arguing Tabi took several long strides toward where Jiyong was still whimpering in discomfort and trying to free his wrist from the red faced manger’s bone crushing grip.

Once close enough BigBang’s hyung wrapped his strong arms around Ji’s petite form almost smothering the younger boy and then easily manoeuvred himself to block his leader from the manager’s burning gaze.

Getting even more frustrated with the situation now the manager tugged harder on GD’s arm attempting to dislodge Tabi’s grip and pull the leader towards the door.

TOP however was not about to let his favourite little brother be taken away from him against his will by some clearly violent man, so instead of the rapper letting go Seunghyun hugged Jiyong’s form even tighter to his stomach.

Seunghyun then tried lifting the young leader off of his feet, attempting to turn his own broad, strong back on the manger and therefore further protect G Dragon from the YG staff member.

A resounding click in Ji’s wrist and a scream of agony from the song writer however brought the tug of war to an abrupt end as the manger let go of the heavily bruised wrist to instead shout

ENOUGH!

Silence descended on the room following the outcry, the only sounds still audible being GD’s muffled sniffles into TOP’s chest as the taller boy protectively clutched the perfectionist close in an embrace, rubbing his slim back and whispering words of comfort quietly in a small ear

“Shh shh Yongie I got you, this is what you were trying to tell us about huh? Shh shh it's alright, I won’t let him hurt you anymore Jiyongie don’t worry your safe now baby. Hush baby its ok now. That’s right Yongie just let the tears out, it's alright, big brother Tabi’s going to protect you and make everything better

Yongbae couldn’t’ help but feel his heart squeeze slightly at the painful sigh of his best friend looking so traumatized as he silently sobbed into TOP’s shirt, the entirety of his beautiful face hidden from view by the oldest band members toned arms.

Tearing his gaze away from the sweet pair Bae focused his gaze along with Daesung and Seungri back on the situation and GD’s managers glaring black eyes.

Speaking more quietly but still with an undertone of menace the mid-forty, dark haired man spat

He still has to come with me no matter what the rest of you want, I’m his manager he has to do what I say and YG wants to see him before the show, Boss mentioned something about a clothing change” the manager explained a sadistic smirk coming over his round face as he heard Jiyong cry harder at the mention of his belt fitting issue, even while TOP redoubled his efforts to calm the stressed boy down.

Jiyongie hyung doesn’t have to go anywhere with you! And we won’t let you take him! If what you say is true then Presidentshi can come see Ji here to adjust his outfit” Seungri shot back angrily and on the defensive as his brain worked a mile a minute to think of how he could protect his much loved older brother from being alone with the clearly abusive man.

Don’t talk to me like that you disrespectful…” the hateful comeback on the managers lips was drowned out before it could continue however as everyone was caught off guard by BigBang’s leaders’ sudden outburst.

STOP IT” Jiyong hysterically screamed in high pitched, emotion filled frustration as he pushed himself forcefully out of TOP’s iron grip and ran his way over to his manager, having had enough with the way the older man was talking his brothers.

Mistreating him was one thing but threatening his friends was something else entirely and GD would rather sacrifice himself then let any of BigBang get hurt by this cruel manager.

I’m coming, I’ll come with you, just stop” G Dragon sobbed out on reaching his elders side. Rubbing roughly at his red rimmed amber eyes with delicate hands as Ji tried to clear the crystal tears still built up behind them, even as his manger harshly took hold of Jiyong’s slumped shoulders and shoved the perfectionist sharply out the changing room door.

Again the move almost floored the twenty year old with the power behind the managers push.

Catching himself though, by throwing his hands up painfully on the opposite corridor wall Jiyong retained his feet long enough to shoot from behind the bangs of his now ruffled blonde hair a tear filled stare at the rest of the members, one which clearly said, with all his authority as leader, for them to “stand down”.

The reluctance to obey the fashionista’s order was clear on all the stern and confused faces of his brothers as they looked back at the petite twenty year old with incredulity at his request.

TOP and Yongbae especially looked like they were going to start a fight at the situation GD was in, as they made to rush out into the corridor and help their small leader.

Fortunately or perhaps unfortunately for them, none of BigBang had a chance to do much of anything as Jiyong’s manager shoved past the rest of the boys, first to grab the youngest rapper in a submissive hold behind the neck. Before the stronger man then continued to half drag half force GD down the rest of the corridor and out of sight of his team mates heading, it seemed, for President Yang.

Yongie!” Was shouted loudly down the corridor by several of the boys as they desperately thought of what was best to do to help their distressed brother, still largely reluctant to do as their leader had instructed them.

No response forthwith however the rest of BigBang could do nothing but return to the changing room sharing horrified looks with one another, as what they had just witnessed set in and the realisation of how often Jiyong had given them all hints to the abusive situation he was in was understood.

I’ve never seen Ji cry before” VI whispered wetly as the uncomplete BigBang forced themselves to sit back down in the room to wait for their missing piece.

“It won’t happen again, I’ll make sure of that” TOP ground out barely supressing his hatred behind his clenched teeth, though his white knuckled, fisted hands betrayed him anyway.

“We’ll talk to YG as soon as this is over, our Jiyongie is getting a new manager and I am personally going to make sure the new guy treats our boy with the love and care someone like him deserves” Bae added in favour of TOP’s proposal as the rest of BigBang all nodded to each other, face’s set and determined to never let anything like this happen to their sweet leader ever again.

 

--------------------

 

In hindsight they almost couldn’t believe how blind and stupid they had been to overlook the danger GD had been exposed to for three months without any of them and the rest of YG noticing.

It took a day from that event for the four other members of BigBang to convince YG to get Jiyong’s manager fired.

It took from there only a few more days for Jiyong to recover slightly and retell his suffering to the rest of his group and to Boss Yang himself.

And it was only then at the end of GD’s account of events with Jiyong now securely tucked up in President Yang’s arms, crying silently and shaking uncontrollably, that YG angrily cursed the now fired manager and spat out.

I’m so sorry! This is never going to happen to you ever again Jiyongie! You hear me!”

And it was only from there a second after the Presidents vow that the rest of BigBang answered in unison, with conviction in their every word…

“We’ll all make sure of it Ji, that’s a promise for sure”

 

--------------------

 

Thank you all for reading!