What He Needs

What He Wants
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What He Needs

Summary: What a certain Kim Ryeowook is was not what he originally wanted, but he turns up to be exactly what a Cho Kyuhyun needs.

What a certain Kim Ryeowook wants has only ever been Kyuhyun so he couldn’t understand why he is no longer top priority in Ryeowook’s eyes.

He feels slightly betrayed.

Kyuhyun is slightly vain –or maybe a little more than he should be.  Cho Kyuhyun is the epitome of perfection; everything anyone would strive to be so anyone would understand his inability to comprehend why anyone would dare to believe Ryeowook would prioritize anyone above him. He just happens to be confident with himself, nothing wrong with that. He also happens to be the baby of the group, spoiled rotten by his hyungs, not to mention Ryeowook’s best friend therefore, Ryeowook should dote on him the most, if not only him.

Kyuhyun rolls around his bed and buries his face in his pillow; Ryeowook makes him think a lot of unnecessary thoughts but he can’t blame the petit man. Ryeowook has only ever thought of him, it’s about time he starts repaying that even if just a little.

Ryeowook told him to pursue his happiness, so he did. He gathered up his courage and confessed to Sungmin, even when he knew he would be rejected by the older man, because he owed Ryeowook that at least. He felt saddened but no tears fell that night and he was just sitting on his bed confused. He concludes that it was because he was no longer actually in love with the man but rather the idea of Sungmin; he just regretted never confessing and was dwelling on what could’ve happened and that realization made him feel guilty ashamed; to Sungmin for not having honest intentions when he was confessing –only doing so because Ryeowook told him to go for what he wants and at the time, Kyuhyun believed it was Sungmin and to Ryeowook for basically taking advantage of his love and affections for Kyuhyun and responding to them with his half-assed feelings.

 “What’s wrong with you?”

Kyuhyun doesn’t even bother to lift his head up and just pulls the duvet over his head. He really doesn’t want to talk to the owner of that annoying voice, enemy number 3. Lately, he noticed Henry being clingier and more needy than usual, sparking the mothering instincts of Ryeowook which meant less attention on Kyuhyun. It doesn’t make it any better that Eunhyuk and Donghae, currently known as enemy number 1 and 2 respectively, seem to favour him over Kyuhyun; especially when he remembers the two of them talk about how he would woo Ryeowook with his various talents and skills.

Kyuhyun couldn’t help himself so he even turns his back to Henry. Henry motions to walk towards him but he doesn’t let him.

“Go away, you traitor,” Henry frowns, his hyung tends to be a little dramatic sometimes and decides now should be one of those moments, “there is nothing more left for you to take!”

“Hyung, please,” Henry sighs as he sits beside Kyuhyun on the bed despite Kyuhyun’s protests and attempts at kicking the younger one, “I’m on your side.”

“On my side,” Kyuhyun snorts “I know you formed an alliance with D&E.”

“Hyung, I was told Ryeowook-hyung was feeling lonely!” Henry reasons, “No one told me anything about what happened between you two. By the way, what did happen? Hyuk-hyung and Hae-hyung decided to form some sort of vendetta against you.”

“Don’t be ridiculous,” he puffs, “They can never keep Ryeowook away from me too long.”

Seriously, those two hyungs are annoying the hell out of him. He only wanted to atone for the wrong he did to Ryeowook. The guy kept to his word and continued to be there for him, even after their break up. Even though he couldn’t return Ryeowook’s romantic feelings, he decided to make it up to him by being the very best friend he could be for him; it may only be just platonic friendship but at least the sentiment is genuine though he couldn’t do much recompensing because enemies number 1 and 2 decided to monopolize Ryeowook’s time and company. What surprises him, however, is Henry’s cluelessness to the situation. Kyuhyun and Ryeowook may not have announced to the rest of the members of their dating, but they weren’t secretive about it either. He just thought Eunhyuk and Donghae would inform Henry as to why they’re using him as some sort of ward to keep Kyuhyun away from Ryeowook.

“Using you as a diversion will get old fast,” Kyuhyun declares, “he’ll seek me out on his own once he realizes he’s been neglecting me.”

“Well, I don’t know about that,” Henry trails off, garnering Kyuhyun’s interest if even just a little, “I was told to keep Ryeowook-hyung company because they think he’s lonely, but he always already has plans with someone else.” Not receiving an answer, Henry takes it as Kyuhyun urging him to elaborate so he continues, “I think he’s seeing someone.”

Please. How could Ryeowook be seeing anyone if he’s still in love with Kyuhyun? If Ryeowook ever loved anyone more than Kyuhyun there would’ve been no point to him having guilty feelings towards Ryeowook because then Kyuhyun would just be expendable and that’s not true because Ryeowook himself said he’ll always love him.

Henry gets up the bed to look outside the door, looking if there are any other people outside. After making sure that the only ones present in the dorm are all in Kyuhyun’s room, he makes his way back to Kyuhyun’s bed.

“Well, I’m not sure what happened exactly but I think Ryeowook-hyung is avoiding Yesung-hyung,” he whispers.

“Yesung-hyung?”

“Well, think about it,” Henry exclaims as he fixes his sitting position, “I don’t exactly buy the ‘lonely Ryeowook’ story they keep telling me and all Hyuk-hyung and Hae-hyung want is to make sure Wook-hyung doesn’t end up alone with you and Yesung-hyung in K.R.Y recordings.”

Kyuhyun doesn’t react; he doesn’t know how to tell Henry that the reason for that is because Yesung-hyung could be a bit dense and sometimes can’t tell when something awkward is going on around him and the two main dancers are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter