TWO

Cat Lover

gctOCRc.jpg

 

 

CHAPTER 2

It was the weekend, finally off school for Ah Yeong. Ah Yeong always looked forward to the weekends because then, she would be able to spend the whole day with Gray. Of course, after all the damn school work that is. Gray was getting more active during the week. She kept meowing and running up and down the cat tower that was an obstacle for her before. Gray was really active to the extent that Ah Yeong felt like she was the one who was working out and not Gray. There will never be a cat this active. Ever. Speaking of active, Ah Yeong heard nothing from Dong Woon. She was sure Dong Woon wouldn’t be stupid enough to put his number in her phone but not take hers. Ah Yeong was a little hurt. It’s not like Ah Yeong likes Dong Woon but she felt like as if she was being played with. It’s been a week of waiting so she decided to just give it a break.

Ah Yeong decided to follow her normal routine. It was 12 noon but the weather was cloudy. Not the going-to-rain cloudy but more of just too many clouds in the sky. She clicked the leash onto Gray’s collar and took her outside. She stuffed her phone in her skinny jeans before locking the door. Gray who was excited waited patiently for her owner to lock up before meowing non-stop. Irritating as it sounds, it doesn’t bother Ah Yeong a bit because… well, as expected from a cat lover.

 

After walking around for a bit, Ah Yeong decided to take a break to feed Gray with her little snacks. She tied the leash around her wrist just in case Gray gets a little excited and decides to run off like the week before and it took her ages to find her feline friend. She took out her handphone and dug into her jeans to find her earpiece but it was nowhere to be found.

‘Damn it, I didn’t bring it.’ She shrugged and took out the packet of Friskies in her bag. She poured some on her palm and got Gray to sit on her lap while the feline ate the little brown and green cutely shaped snack. She the little feline as she took in the fresh air around her. Her week has been really hectic and well, school, has always been a little pain in the . Hanging around Gray was always the cure to her fatigue that is why she decided to spend time with Gray as much as she can.

Enough of the afternoon breeze, Ah Yeong decided to head back with Gray in her hands as the little feline started to feel a little tired and lazy. She walked home slowly, still appreciating the cool breeze before she meets her archenemy the next day, school. While enjoying her last moments with the breeze, her handphone started to ring noisily breaking the beautiful moment. She took out her phone without any thoughts.

 

‘DATE WITH SON DONG WOON @ 3PM’

 

She stared at her phone for a bit before hugging Gray a little too hard making the feline jump out of her arms.

‘FINALLY!’ She screams before covering . ‘That wasn’t feminine.’ She told herself. She blushed and read the message on her screen several times. She then noticed that the message was not from Dong Woon’s number but instead from her phone calendar. He must have typed this in her calendar when he took her phone. Sneaky. Ah Yeong picked up her confused feline and look at her blue watch on her left wrist. ‘Sharks! It’s 2.30PM!’

After having the quickest shower in history, she finally manage to put on the most easiest but presentable clothes, a dark blue simple top and slightly ripped jeans. ‘Should be modest on a first date but I don’t have anymore jeans.’ She threw her hands in the air before glancing over at her clock on the wall. It was 2.58PM. She checked her phone to see if Dong Woon texted her the venue to meet but no, her phone was silent. She really wondered if Dong Woon actually took her number or not. Ah Yeong who was already dressed sat on her bed with Gray taking a nap by her side. She texted Dong Woon asking for the venue to meet but he didn’t reply. She sighed. Deep down inside, she really hope that Dong Woon wasn’t playing with her because for once, after his ty attitude at the pet shop, she actually kind of appreciate his kindness to let her have Gray. She thought maybe she should give him a chance, who knows..

After much waiting, Ah Yeong was starting to get disappointed. It was 3.10PM and he hasn’t replied. ‘Why did I even bother caring? So much for showering as fast as lightning just to meet a guy who never actually replied.’ She got out from her bed and walked to her kitchen to get a drink to cool herself down. She sat down on her sofa and took a sip. I guess you can’t expect someone to change just like that. She crossed her legs and just stared into space. ‘I give up.’

‘Gray! I’m going out for a bit!’ She raised her voice and walked towards the door.

Gray who was asleep suddenly came running out of Ah Yeong’s room. ‘Meow!’ She screamed. Ah Yeong looked at her cat in confusion. ‘Meow…meow..meow…..’ Gray meowed softly. Funny how Ah Yeong thinks that Gray was telling her to stay for a bit but she did it anyways. She played with Gray entertaining the little feline who seemed to crave for her attention.

DINGDONG

Gray ran towards the door and scratched it furiously. ‘MEOW.’

‘Stop it Gray, you’re going to leave stretches on the door.’ Ah Yeong sighed at her activeness and pulled Gray away from the door. She opened the door and to her surprise, it was someone who she didn’t expect to see. It was Dong Woon in a dark blue tee with ripped jeans. ‘Haa…. I guess we have good telepathy skills..?’ He looked at her dark blue top and ripped jeans. ‘I’m sorry for turning up so late.’

D-Dong Woon.. How did you know where I-I lived…?’

Dong Woon only laughed and squat on the ground to pat Gray who was moving her head against Dong Woon’s feet, purring. ‘Thanks for helping me out Persi.’ Gray meowed again and ran back in Ah Yeong’s room to go back to bed. The both of them looked at Gray who was now lying on the ground with her back facing them. ‘I guess she’s asleep now. Do you have time to go out?’

Ah Yeong nodded willingly and went on to lock her door. She couldn’t believe that she actually wore the same thing as Dong Woon did. To be honest, I think we look cute. She squirmed before meeting eyes with Dong Woon who was staring at her behavior. Her face started to turn red and she head on in the elevator. ‘Oh GOSH….’ She turned away from his face.

-

Dong Woon who was insanely taller than Ah Yeong watched her hide her embarrassment. She looked so cute and Dong Woon wanted to pinch her cheeks. Dong Woon isn’t fond of girls who uses aegyo(*) on purpose but really, Ah Yeong is just naturally cute and he can’t help but blush too. Dong Woon is a really shy person for a boy but somehow he can still pluck out some courage to ask her out. He’s actually quite proud of that except for the fact that he was freaking late for it.

The both of them decided to go to a popular café in town since both of them haven’t been there before. Upon reaching the place, they noticed that people were already flooding the café. It was packed like sardines but the waiter managed to find two seats just for them. Dong Woon was the first one to pick the menu up and passed it over to Ah Yeong. He then opened another one and hid his western face behind it.

‘Dong Woon-sshi, don’t hide your face.’ She pulled his menu away from his hands. ‘How did you know where I lived?’ She squinted her eyes at the now shy Dong Woon. He looked around the café finding things to distract Ah Yeong.

‘Hey Ah yeong, it’s a cat. Isn’t that cute? It looks like Persi.’ He giggled as he pointed at the cat statue by the window however, Ah Yeong wasn’t gonna stop shooting lasers at him.

He tried something else..

He played with his hands and made a weird figure that caught Ah Yeong’s attention. Ah Yeong stared at his hand and she got a flash of something that looked alike. ‘Remember me now?’

Was Son Dong Woon someone that she knows?

 

aegyo: cute display of affection often expressed through a cute/baby voice, facial expressions, and gestures..