+A short bonus chapter+

Stop liking Kim Jongin!

'Let Me Stay By Your Side'


 

 

            LuHan squeezed himself through the crowd, eager to reach the stage. He paid no mind to his sore ankle after he tripped several times. He ignored the sweat, the wrinkled shirt and the dirtied boots. It was no time to slack. He had to be near the spotlight. The drizzle and the heat from bodies rubbing against each other could not prevent him from going further.

 

            He had to be closer to him.

 

            “Kim Jongin! Kim Jongin!” The crowd chanted. LuHan’s chest welled with pride. Knowing that people admire the person special to him made him happy.

 

            The cheer grew louder when the blinding light, along with the booming music, filled the open area.  Girls screamed their hearts out, unable to control their excitement. They waved their light sticks and flashed the placards in their hands.

 

            LuHan held his breath when the heavy footsteps echoed. His eyes darted on the center stage, eagerly waiting for that one person to appear. He was feeling all sorts of emotions. He was in high spirits to see Jongin after a year of hiatus. Unlike his previous concerts held in small venues, Jongin was to perform in front of a big audience for his comeback. Amidst the happiness, LuHan was also anxious. He missed to see his ‘hyung’ dance and perform. He did not know what to expect though one thing was for sure—Jongin would give it his best.

 

            Jongin’s recent photo for his album flashed on the big screen. LuHan held his hands together, beaming. “He looks handsome as ever. He didn’t age at all,” he thought dreamily. His eyes watered with tears of happiness as he anticipated for that big leap-Jongin’s trademark stance to signify the start of his performance.

 

            And then it happened. Kim Jongin came into sight with a smile after jumping off the platform. The crowd went wild, but unlike their overflowing emotions, LuHan went silent. He took Jongin’s photo card, the one the older gifted to him years ago during Christmas day, and kept it close to his heart.

            Jongin felt an overwhelming joy when he sees the people supporting him. It has been a rough year. His hiatus came as a surprise to his fans. He had to leave the spotlight for a while because of his health. He suffered from severe cough and heat after his last concert. A year later, he came back with a brand new album with collaborations along with other popular artists. It was the big day-his first concert after the leave. He would most definitely give it his all.

            Amongst the crowd, his eyes met a pair of doe-eyes that were staring at him with deep awe. Despite the number of people, his eyes lingered on that one familiar face.

            A reminiscent smile crept on Jongin’s lips.

 

            LuHan felt like the whole world stopped for a moment when Jongin looked straight in his eyes. The older extended his arm and gave him a sign. He recognized him after all those years.

            With a sweet smile, he waved back at Jongin, sending a message of good luck into thin air.

 

 

 

 

 

---+00+---

 

A/n: I just recently watched LuHan’s new MV for the song Let me stay by your side. I got inspired and wrote this chapter. As much as I want to write a sequel, I got a ton of other fics to update. (Unless someone’s willing to be my co-author, I can reconsider. Hehe) Just so you know, LuHan is already sixteen in this chapter while Jongin is twenty-eight.

Before I forget, I’d like to greet everyone a merry and peaceful Christmas! Always be jolly and spread nothing but happiness! xoxo