Spoiled

Hearth

Taekwoon left a tiny gap as he closed the door to the room, and began tiptoeing lightly to the kitchen, careful not to wake his children. There was a light spilling out onto the hallway’s floors, and for the life of him, he hoped that he wasn't going to find his husband asleep on the counter.

 

Inside, Wonshik was fully awake, wearing nothing but sweatpants and his glasses. Bills and junk mail were spread all over the counter, Wonshik reading through each as he made a check out to some company that provided them with some service, back muscles defined and sweats low on his hips. Taekwoon, if he weren’t so occupied, would probably be drooling.

 

But. Feelings be damned, he had some scolding to do.

  

“Oh? You're back from reading? How was it?”

 

“There was a kiss scene, and Hyuk covered his ears and Jaewhan swooned. But then the pirates came and stole the princess and Hyuk cheered while Jaewhanie cried.”

 

“Was that what all that commotion was about? No wonder it took them so long to fall asleep.”

  

Taekwoon sighed. “That, and I made them clean their room.” He placed his hands on his hips, staring disapprovingly as his husband stayed focus on filling out the check.

 

“Wonshik,” and he was using the voice this time, and he watched as the pen scrawling across the check stopped, the other man’s shoulder’s stiffening. “You really need to stop spoiling them. I can barely see the floor of Hyuk and Jaewhan’s room anymore.”

  

“Oh? They should clean it more often then.”

  

“Even so, they have toys everywhere. It’s a wonder they don’t injure themselves in the morning.” Taekwoon grimaced, remembering how many legos he had stepped on while he had walked out of their room. “Why do you buy them so much stuff, anyway?”

  

“Because I’m weak to their charms?”

 

“Wrong answer.”

 

His husband stuck his tongue out at him, teasing. “It’s not my fault they’re so cute. Whenever we go to the store, Hyuk always blinks up at me and makes these cute, little puppy noises, while Jaewhan just tugs on my shirt and tears form in his eyes-”

  

“Those aren’t tears, dummy. That’s persuasion.”

 

You go toy shopping with them. Then tell me you wouldn’t buy them the world.”

 

Taekwoon sighed in mock exasperation, but couldn’t help himself when he wrapped his arms around Wonshik’s waist, burying his face between the beautiful man’s shoulder blades. “I wish you spoiled me as much as you spoiled them,” he murmured into his back. He could feel Wonshik’s body rumble with laughter, the sound filling his ears.

 

“Well, I used to. All those late nights  back at university, spent studying, talking, cuddling, eventually leading to other things…” Taekwoon slapped him at the suggestive tone, and Wonshik only laughed harder. “It’s true! And you liked it, don’t lie.” Taekwoon only grumbled, groaning when Wonshik spun around to face him, burying his face back into his husband’s bare chest.

 

Wonshik’s fingers carded through his hair, silence filling their tiny kitchen as the kids’ snore drifted out of their bedrooms, and all was well.

 

He felt a kiss to the top of his head. The softest voice whispered “I love you,” and his chest filled with warmth and love for the man he met years ago, and who was still here, despite everything, despite the protests, despite Taekwoon being Taekwoon, and he was so-

 

“Why are you crying, weirdo?” Wonshik asked, his voice teasing him.

 

Taekwoon buried his head deeper, and he felt the arm around his waist tighten, the hand on his head him soothingly. “Because you're a mean person who doesn't spoil his husband.”

 

“Hey! Don't say it like that!” Wonshik came in closer, brushed his lips against his ear. “We never get time alone anymore, you know that-”

 

And Taekwoon giggled, pulling his head back so he could look at the man in his arms, watching his face twist into confusion, eyebrows furrowing, nose scrunching, eyes widening as Taekwoon reached up to take of his glasses,  setting them down on the counter behind them. “There is one thing that I really want,” he said slowly, taking his hand and tracing patterns over his husband’s chest, nonsensical patterns that silently portrayed his affection for the man in front of him, surrounding him.

 

Wonshik raised an eyebrow. “Oh? And what does my beautiful husband want?” he said flirtily, gathering him up so they were pressed closer together.

 

“A girl.”

  

The laughter filled his ears again, and Taekwoon has never been more in love. “I guess I can spoil you.”

 

~~~

Ahhh!!! Thank to all of you who have subscribed!!!! This makes me v happy ^0^

My style is so dialogue heavy, I hope you don't mind. In the meantime, please enjoy, and I thank you for the support!!!!