Part Two

One Day With An Unlucky Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The fake dancer was now smiling on the balcony for invisible persons.

"Yes!"

"What?"

"You?"

Hong Pei, curious, approached to know if Shu Hai was definitely lost and nuts. He discovered that a boy was sit among boxes at the building entrance squeezing a toy in his hand. He might be five years old or six and what was clearly visible from there was only his metallic brackets. That boy and Shu Hai might have been talking.

"Stay here, I won’t be late" Shu Hai warned Hong Pei. He rushed to his desk, searched for some things on his hood shelves. The geek took some of the figurines exposed with a frenetic rapidity and left the apartment. However, he immediately moved back and replaced all the figurines except one. He had the smile he wore when he was about to make a big interested joke or to watch his absolutely expected new episode of his series! So, when he fled from the room without looking behind, Hong Pei remained dumb: Shu Hai would still be the same childish guy!

Hong Pei knew how asocial Shu Hai could be so he followed, in case he needed help, walking through the door that the previous guy had loudly shut. He could have teleported downstairs but seeing the back of the excited Shu Hai climbing down the stairs was funnier.

"Hi!" the smiling brackets boy said generously waving one hand to Shu Hai whereas the other hand was hidden behind his back. Obviously, he looked only at Shu Hai because he hadn’t the ability to see the ghost Hong Pei.

"Hi!" The man with glasses answered shyly, scratching his head.

"Do you live here?" the naive boy asked pointed the balcony with his hand.

"Yes" Shu Hai answered, and he tried to have a smile, appear as a normal guy, and he searched for what he had seen from his apartment. Actually, they were both hiding something in their back with that childish and proud attitude.

"I have already seen yours but you don’t know mine" Shu Hai replied raising the chin.

"I know it!" the child lied because there was no possibility he had seen.

"Hey! what are you playing about! Let this kid go to bed!" the silent but present Hong Pei complained.

"Just a moment!" Shu Hai replied grumpy.

The kid watched on the right wondering who the funny man was talking with.

"Aaron! What are you doing? Oh! That’s you." A bodybuilding forty years old man had talked. He approached them up to the boxes that still remained next to the kid. He had round eyes and rolled up sleeves, the look of a working man who had moved boxes and worked hard for hours. He frowned and scrutinized all part of Shu Hai’s face.

"Hey boy, go inside!" the man yelled after Aaron.

He accompanied his threat with a strong hand put in the shoulder of the kid.

Shu Hai found him rude and severe. He sighed, put his glasses at their place and looked at that strange family that entered back in the building without a goodbye.

"Do you call that politeness!" Hong Pei expressed angry. "Isn’t he the same guy who called you "idiot" yesterday in the street because you were self-speaking?"

If Hong Pei was human, he would probably tell that guy his thoughts! If only he could be a human again!


 

"Wow it is heavy!" Shu Hai said when he carried the remaining packages.

Hong Pei sighed and observed. He hadn’t expected Shu Hai would propose his help to that annoyed bodybuilding uncle. "Shu Hai! When will you stop being so naive?" he thought, defeated. But if that was Shu Hai’s choice!

"Thank you, Shu!" the kid exclaimed w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter