Final

Dream Come True.

As soon as the door closed, Taemin immediately turned and look at it.He then stopped the blasting music and walked to his bag to have a drink.The practice was so tiring but he didn't mind it.As long as he could dance.As he was gulping down the water, he couldn't stop his smile from forming as the scene earlier replayed in his mind.How stupid Jinri was to think that he could not see her peeking in through the big mirror.

Taemin was carrying out his daily routine : dancing.He was giving his full attention to the dance and made sure to make it a perfection.He was kind of  a perfectionist.It wouldn't be a wonder if his room is full of crumpled paper that contains his self-made songs.As he was passionately moving his body to the rhythm, he was interrupted by his manager whom harshly barged into the room.Annoyed, he stopped dancing and stomped towards his manager while asking 'what now?'.It was a little bit rude considering the between the two but the manager was like a member of SHINee.They're very close.

After a briefing which he assumed as nagging that seemed endless, his manager finally stopped talking.He wasn't listening to whatever the manager said since it was SHINee's schedule.He would just ask the members about it after this.The manager then left and he hurriedly went back to his position to continue practising.His eyes were analyzing his moves, until it rested at the space between the door and the wall.The manager, again, forgot to close the door.The manager forgot to put back the barrier between him and the outside world! He was about to walk to the door when he saw a familiar shadow approaching.He cancelled his intention earlier and continued dancing.

Through the corner of his eyes, he saw another pair of eyes peeking inside.He almost smiled after realizing that the eyes were Jinri's but quickly held it in.He continued pretending to not notice her as he wanted to see for how long she was going to watch him.He even added some catchy moves that wasn't originally in the choreography to impress her.When the door closed and he could no longer see the pair of eyes, he stopped what he was doing and grinned.Such a waste, he thought.Their short date just ended like that.

Finally he felt tired and weak.Looking at his wristwatch, his eyes widened in shock to see the hour.It was already 7 p.m. He hadn't even eaten a proper lunch.And realizing that, his stomach let out a soft growl, demanding to be filled.

As he was making his way out of the building, he passed by f(x)'s practice room.He shook his head a little as he heard laughs coming from inside.The girls must be so happy, he said to himself.He then continued his stroll but then came to a halt as he heard his name being called by Amber.She looked like she was drunk.Already?

"Taemin,you should join us too." She suggested.

"Are you drunk?" He asked out of concern and Amber replied with a flail of her arm. 

Taemin wasn't even given a chance to decline as he was pushed by Amber into the practice room.

"No! The party is for girls.I shouldn't be involved!"

He was flabbergasted as he saw that he was already in the room and four pair of eyes were staring back at him, confused.And he found a pair of eyes to be exceptionally beautiful.

Amber came out from his back and smiled at her members.

"Taemin will be joining us too because....we should celebrate him because...he made his debut as a soloist! " Amber sounded like she just made that up though it was 100% true.And he made his debut for almost a year already.It was so awkward as he saw those four eyes blinking continuously, thinking whether they should let him in their party or not.He would have crawled out of the place if it wasn't for Luna.

"Cool!" Luna cheered and the members cheered along with her.And that was how he ended up being full and he didn't have to spend any money on food.He considered himself lucky.Very lucky.

The party lasted until nighttime with only Taemin and Jinri still sober.The others were mumbling and making incoherent sounds.Amber? She was struggling to climb the wall while singing the spiderman song .Jinri just shuddered as she watched the scene in front of her.She purposely didn't drink much as the thought of being completely drunk in front of Taemin wasn't very appealing to her.

"I'll drive you girls home." Taemin said.He actually wasn't that nice to drive drunk girls home but since Jinri's here...

"I can drive them home." Jinri said not wanting to burden him.He just nodded and continued eating.

 

Taemin and Jinri was struggling to walk straight with the members clinging to them.When they finally entered the car park, Jinri's face fell as she remembered something.She planned on going back with Soojung as she had offered her a ride home after the party, so, she let her manager drive her car home.And she was regretting it.Taemin noticed that Jinri's face became different.

"Where's your car?" He asked calmly while his hand was holding Amber who wanted to climb the wall again.

"My manager drove it home." Jinri said, fidgeting with her fingers a little.But Taemin remained calm, as he already expected it.

"Let's go to my car." He indirectly ordered as he dragged Amber with him.Jinri just tailed behind, mentally scolding herself. 

 

After a short drive, they arrived at f(x)'s dorm.Taemin was waiting at the living room as Jinri put the girls to their respective bedroom.Jinri got out after she was done and asked Taemin whether he wanted some drinks before going home.Taemin just answered that it was fine.Then, it turned awkward again for them.An idea popped up in his mind as he realized that Jinri didn't have a car.

"Let me drive you home." He offered.The sudden offer took Jinri by surprise.She spaced out a little as she imagined herself and Taemin in the car alone, driving through the thick night, on their little exclusive date.She then shook her head to prevent her imagination from going wilder.But Taemin saw that as a rejection.

"Okay.I'll go first then." He said as he headed towards the door.

"But you said-" Jinri stopped as Taemin turned to look at her. "...you said you were going to drive me home." Her voice grew smaller as she shyly continued her words.Taemin then let out a low chuckle looking at how adorable Jinri is.He always liked her troubled face.Not that he wanted her to be in trouble.He gestured for her to come with him.

 

It turned silent again in the car.Jinri kept on looking outside to the side of the road.She was actually suffering.One thing about Jinri, she couldn't stand quietness.Especially in the car.Taemin don't usually turn the radio on while he's on the car since his mind was always occupied.He would always forget to turn on the radio.And the same happened that night.

Giving up, Jinri finally asked.

"Can I turn on the radio?"

As if  he had just woken up from his short trance though that was what really happened he blurted out his answer. "Sure!" 

Jinri pushed some button and a soft melody comes out. 'A ballad.' Jinri thought as she settled back in her seat.Halfway through the song, they realized that the song was about .Panicking, Jinri quickly turned off the radio.Once again, she regretted her decision.

 

Without even knowing it, they were already in front of her apartment.Jinri wanted to quickly escape the embarrassing situation and it resulted in her struggle with the seatbelt.

"What's wrong?" Taemin asked as he saw Jinri still at her place, working on her seatbelt.

"Nothing.This thing just won't.Come.Off." She complained through gritted teeth.

"Here, let me help you." 

Taemin bent forward to help her with it.And of course, it came off easily.But when he looked up to retreat to his seat, his eyes met with Jinri's shimmering ones and stopped in his track.They couldn't stop staring into each other's eyes.Unknowingly, he was leaning in more and more towards Jinri as he targeted her lips, while Jinri, as if she forgot how to move, was frozen there.Just waiting willingly for Taemin to kiss her lips.

They jerked back as they heard a knock at the window.Cursing, Taemin rolled down the window and saw the guard looking at him curiously.

"I'm just sending this nice lady back." He said nicely to the guard and forced a smile though he really wanted to beat the hell out of the guard for interrupting their moment earlier.The guard nodded and went back to his place.Taemin turned towards Jinri and thought of continuing the almost-kiss but he was disappointed as he saw that the seat beside him was already empty.He looked out the window and saw Jinri already strolling her way into the apartment.With a contented+disappointed heart, he drove back home.

He was preparing to exit the car when he took a second look to the seat which Jinri had sat before.Just then,he noticed that there was a piece of paper there.He brought the paper closer and written on it was a phone number with a heart drawn next to it.He was sure that it was Jinri's.He pumped his fist to the air in excitement and raced to his dorm.

"Tidy your place, will you?" Jonghyun nagged as soon as Taemin entered the house but Taemin cared less about it.He went straight to his manager's room since his manager slept at his own house and Onew usually fell asleep on the couch while watching Running Man.He would get more 'alone time' in this room than being in his own room with Jonghyun's constant nagging at him.

Typing a set of number into his phone, he waited for her to pick it up.He felt his heart pounding madly against his ribs as the dialling tone kept going on and on.

"Hello?"

He felt like jumping with all his might to let out his happiness when the sweet,awaited voice hit his eardrum.