001

Understand

 

🚺🚺🚺

“Hey.” He smiled.

“Hi.” I returned a wary smile.

I wish I knew that introduction could change my life.

And for the better.

 

The event happened to be the marriage of both of our best friends.

His being the groom.

Mine being the bride.

What better way to cross paths.

 

Thankfully after that terribly awkward introduction, we exchanged numbers and texted.

Texting soon became hanging out.

 

But that's how friendships start… right?

 

Only 6 months since the wedding and I finally could catch-up with my-best-friend-and-now-married NaYeon.

NaYeon grinned tapping her fingers on the table between us.

“You’re smiling.”

“What’s so wrong with that?” I chuckled setting my mocha down.

“Nothing.” she shrugged. “ It’s just been a while since you’ve looked so…” she waved her hand trying to think of the right word. “…free.”

I shook my head with a smile. “You’re just crazy. Nothing different has happened to me.”

“Oh yeah?” She probed with a smirk. “How’s Wonho?” she rested her chin on her palm.

Wonho was NaYeon's husband’s best man.

The guy I met at that one friend’s wedding?

The guy I made friends with.

Yup that's Wonho.

“Uhm. He’s good I guess.” I shrugged. What was with this girl? I lifted my mocha to my lips.

 

🔸🔸🔸

 

At the same time, NaYeon’s hubby, Shownu, and Wonho were having bro time.

“How’s JiNa?” Shownu asked as he sent the basketball through the hoop.

“Uhm… good I guess.” Wonho wiped the sweat on his forehead and shrugged.

“That's it?” Shownu held the ball between his arm and hip.

“What do you mean?” Wonho took the chance to swipe the ball and make a basket.

“It’s been 6 months and you’re telling me she doesn't appeal to you?” Shownu caught it bouncing his direction.

“I mean…” Wonho caught his breath and sighed. “she’s pretty but-”

“Do you like her?”

Wonho expected the question, just not so early in the conversation.

He sighed again. “I don't know man.” He ran his fingers through his hair. “Every time I make a move it’s like she doesn't notice. She brushes me off, and stuff. I just don't understand her. I don't think she likes me back.”

Shownu saw this coming. This was to be expected on Jina’s part. He didn’t know her as long as he did Wonho but she did confide in him like an older brother when he was trying to pursue NaYeon. With that he learned that the girl did have a history of having trust issues. And rightly so. But it wasn’t Shownu’s part to tell Jina’s history.

“Does she talk to you?” Shownu interrogated.

“Obviously.” Wonho rolled his eyes.

“I can do without the sarcasm.” Shownu sassed back. “Anyway does she… confide in you? Like tell you when stuff is wrong?”

“Why are you asking?” Wonho was starting to get confused. These were a lot of questions regarding their ‘relationship’.

“Because I know her and I’m trying to help you get closer to her!” Shownu threw up his hands. It was a good thing they were at his house or he would've looked ridiculous. “Do you want to get close to her??”

“Well yeah-”

“Then answer the freakin’ question!”

“Yes! Good god you’re pushy. Marriage did something to you.” Wonho crossed his arms in annoyance.

Shownu just smiled. “Then you’re doing everything right my friend.” He shot the basketball with a light feeling.

“Now I’m really confused.” Wonho put his head in his hands.