Mistakes

Mistakes

"What have I done?" Seohyun uttered to herself. Rain poured down from the pitch black clouds, washing the blood off the victim and drenching both, the teenagers in cold rain. Tears streamed down her pale cheeks as she engulfed the lifeless body into one last hug, paying no attention to the blood from the fatal wound, flowing to her torn sweater and jeans. The young girl, is yet again, left alone in this dark and evil world. The feeling of regret implanted itself deeply within the human . Although she had never told anyone about this, she knew herself all too well. She is an outcast in both worlds, banned from one while forced into living in the other, causing herself grief and depression. She may be a mere human or another being altogether but she was neither. Others may describe her as weird, an oddity, out-of-place but also smart in her own ways. Her white pearl-like fangs glistened in the silvery moonlight. Anger, pain, frustration and sadness could be seen in her now brown eyes. She shrieked into the late night, for the lost of her, yet again, one and only beloved whom she had sworn to protect with her life. Noone should ever have to feel this pain, the pain of losing the one whom you've sworn your life to.

 

This painful feeling opened up another dark secret locked up inside of her as her mind, like a time machine, rewinding itself to the incident years ago. This scene was exactly the same as what she had witnessed. Her one and only, dying in the hands of those monsters, is what she described them as, the cold-blooded. Her former lover had left an obvious mark in her heart. Her chest tightens as she remembered those memories that they had created together. People may think they were sisters as they were always seen together, until the point where if one is spotted without the other, it would not make sense. She had shone light into her dark and evil life, where noone could enter. She had tried countless times to ask her her name and how she was doing but she just avoided and ignored her until she touched her heart for the very first time. She had saved her from getting beaten up by a gang of popular girls. She had taken the beating for her, sustaining bruises and bleeding from the sharp heels that the girls were wearing. She was left on the ground, in pain but was still worried about her even after the major beating she had just taken. 

 

"Hey, are you okay? They didn't hurt you, did they?" she asked in a worried tone before passing out due to the pain. Five minutes of silence passed until Seohyun got up from the corner where she was thrown into, wondering why the younger girl wasn't speaking. Seohyun realised upon reaching her that Yoona had passed out. Not having the courage to thank her while Yoona was still conscious, she muttered her thanks and proceeded to carry Yoona bridal-style heading to the sick bay. During this whole ordeal, Seohyun was fighting the urge of drinking Yoona's sweet smelling red liquid, flowing from her wound. Once she reached the sick bay, the first-aider stationed there, Sunny rushed to her aid. Together, they carried Yoona and put her on the bed provided. Sunny started cleaning her wounds and applying medication on them. While Sunny was busy cleaning her wounds, Seohyun took the chance to leave the said area, afraid of what she may do to her if she stayed any longer. Her fangs were elongated and sharper as her dark purple pupils dilated. She had to calm her inner demons down before stepping into the room again. After a short walk in the park, Seohyun deemed herself normal again and headed back into the sick bay. Just as she opened the door, Yoona was just coming to. Wincing in pain, Yoona tried to get up from the bed. Quickly, Seohyun went to her side and softly pushed her back into the bed while muttering the word "Rest". The wounded lass, felt happiness erupt in her heart, realising that she had finally succeeded in melting the ice girl's heart after months of trying. From then on, not once, could they ever be seen without one another.

 

Rays of sunlight shone through the thick fog, clearing it away, as she awoke from her deep slumber,she recalled that the both of them were going to the amusement park and to the movies after. After they met up at the coffee shop, only a stones throw away from her apartment, they hailed a cab and arrived at their destination 10 minutes later. They had lots of fun and it was finally time for the long awaited movie. Yoona, the "older" one, bought popcorn and drinks for Seohyun. Before the movie started, they decided to walk around to kill time but all of a sudden, Yoona felt herself being lifted off the ground as a dark creature grabbed her and flew.... Yes. Flew away. Feeling that Yoona wasn't at her side anymore, Seohyun looked up and saw those eyes, terrified and scared eyes. She sprinted at full speed which is much much faster than what a mere human can do, to where the monster had carried her. Yoona was putting up quite a fight when she reached there, relieved that her lover a.k.a best friend was still alive. 

 

The twenty-one year old girl was starting to feel exhaustion and pain overcome her body. The dark creature noticed this and plunged his fangs into her neck and proceeded to drain her body of her blood. Large drops of perspiration streamed down her face as she slumped against the creatures body, in pain and due to weakness. She could feel her limbs go limp and blood was getting drained into the mans body. Seohyun stared in horror as she saw the life seep out from her beloved. The last thing Yoona saw was the evil man's red eyes and Seohyun holding her in her arms until everything turned black.The man now satisfied that he had completed his mission successfully, backed away into the shadows but not before saying ,"You've been warned." The supposedly twenty year old girl wailed and shrieked while trying her best to revive her now dead lover.

 

Seohyun had known this was going to happen sooner or later but she didn't know it would only be a few months after befriending and also becoming the lover of this precious doe-eyed girl. Tonight was the night where she was going to break their friendship and also break the heart of the love of her life. Instead, Yoona had to pay the price with her life. This was the consequence of being a half human. It was forbidden to marry a human and give birth to a half-blood. This said rule was broken by her mother who had died protecting her from the hunters. Her father whom she didn't get the chance to ever know, might also have been killed by the same people.

 

She carried the lifeless body of Yoona, the closest to family that she had ever had in a long while, back to their apartment as she packed her belongings to escape, yet again, from those chasing after her for something she had not done. Then, she faded in to the night and left the other to be found by their other room mates. Before leaving, she vowed on her life, that she would never cause any grief or any pain to anyone ever again. Only to herself.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Thanks so so so so so much for reading :) I hope you enjoyed the story. I feel like it was a kid me who wrote this haha