Nap Date

Nap Date

Even though I’d been hanging out with the Bangtan Boys for close to a year now, my inner fangirl was still very much active, especially when in any sort of proximity to my Ultimate Bias.

 

Not that he knew he was my ultimate bias.  All of the boys had been trying to get me to spill this juicy fact since they found out I was an ARMY, but I was too stubborn (and embarrassed) to tell.

 

We’d met in an ice cream parlour not far from their dorm.  My best friend and I were pigging out on about six different flavours of ice cream together and fangirling over the latest Got7 music video, when a particularly ovary-smashing vision of Im-my-cheekbones-could-carve-diamonds Jaebum had me choking on Mississippi Mud Pie, while her mango sorbet dribbled down her chin and onto her arm.

 

Imagine our surprise when a familiar broad-shouldered, motherly K-pop idol wandered over from his table of friends to pause next to my drooling bestie, flashing a beautiful smile and gently patting her arm with a napkin he produced from nowhere.

 

Somehow, we managed to pull it together long enough to thank him, apologise and introduce ourselves, which led him to introduce himself and his friends, who were none other than the rest of Bangtan, plus their managers.  I still have no clue how we managed to get Seokjin’s attention, but I will forever thank my bestie for her clumsy nature.

 

Said best friend had had a touch more luck with her ultimate bias than I had with mine.  A year on and, though they weren’t officially “together”, they were rather flirty with each other, and it was just a matter of time before either Jungkook made a move, or I metaphorically kicked my innocent friend up the backside to grow a pair and ask him out herself.

 

My fellow fangirl friend and I are currently hanging out with the boys in their dorm when they suddenly decide they wanted to venture out into the cold February night to get fried chicken.  With me being particularly susceptible to cold, I decide to stay back, throwing a cheeky wave at my blushing friend as Jungkook pulls her out of the door with the others.

 

It isn’t until I almost stumble over him that I notice the sleepy figure spread out on the living room rug, directly in front of the heater.  I think I heard Jin worriedly mention earlier that Yoongi was staying up all night in order to get the new album finished, so it would make sense that he’d rather take advantage of the others being gone (particularly the maknae line) to have a nap.

 

My heart thumps loudly and my stomach twists with nerves at the thought of being alone with my ultimate bias.  Not that I expect anything to happen, I just really don’t want to end up spitting out verbal diarrhoea due to nerves.  I just want to look cool in front of my crush, you know?

 

I’m eyeing the floor next to the heater, trying to muster up the courage to sit down next to my sleeping crush, when he cracks open an eye.

 

“Tch.  Come on,” he mutters, before throwing out an arm.  I’m confused.

 

“'Tch'? Whaddaya mean ‘tch’?”

 

“Come on,” he repeats, “I know you’re cold.”

 

I flush as I realise what he wants me to do.  But I’m a fangirl, and I’m not going to miss out on this, so I lay down between him and the heater, resting my head on his arm.

 

We lay there for a while, me feeling completely flushed, until he speaks up again.

 

“I can’t relax when you’re so stiff.”

 

I can’t resist.

 

“That’s what she said.”

 

A pause.

 

We both burst out laughing, mine slightly hysterical, while Yoongi slaps his spare hand over his face, chuckling into it.  I wish I could see his gummy smile.

 

But at least the tension’s gone now.

 

He surprises me once again by striking up another conversation instead of going straight back to sleep.

 

“So I hear you’re an ARMY.”

 

“Yup,” I nod.

 

“...What’s your favourite BTS song?”

 

“Um…” I think for a minute, “It really depends on my mood.”

 

“Pick one.”

 

So demanding.

 

“Um…” I say again.  “I guess… Probably Spinebreaker,”  I turn my head to look at him.  “I really like your rap in it,” I continue, grinning.

 

The responding gummy smile takes my breath away for a split second, and I look away quickly.

 

“Who’s your favourite member?”  Did he purposefully lower his voice?  I decide to play hard-to-get.

 

“That would be telling.”

 

He chuckles again, the sound giving me goosebumps, before falling silent.  I’m pretty sure he knows the answer to that question.

 

I don’t want to stop talking to him, so I blurt out the first thing my mind thinks of.

 

“I love nap dates.  My ex thought they were a waste of time, so he had to go.”

 

WHAT DID I JUST SAY

RETURN OF THE WORD VOMIT

NEVER TALK ABOUT YOUR EX-

 

“This is a date?”

 

I flush immediately.  “I-I didn’t say that!”

 

“You don’t wanna date me?”

 

I bite my lip, “I didn’t say that, either.”

 

“Would you date me?”

 

“OBVIOUSLY!  You’re awesome!”  I look back at him to see another grin on his face, something mischievous in his eyes.

 

“Date me.”  My heart stops.

 

“Wh-what?”  I giggle, “Why?”

 

“You like me!” he states, very matter-of-fact.

 

“So do tons of other fangirls.  Why me?”

 

His smile softens, and his eyes catch mine.  It feels like he’s watching my soul.

 

“I want to know you.  Not other fangirls.  I’ve...liked you for a while.”

 

He pulls me closer, resting his hand on my waist.  I can see he’s still waiting for my answer, so I nod slowly.

 

His eyes light up, “You’ll date me?”  I smile, snuggling into his shoulder.

 

“I already am.  Nap dates are my favourite, remember?”

 

Yoongi chuckles, linking his free hand with one of mine and resting them on his stomach.  We fall asleep together.