Is sometimes the best option.

Letting go is...

Key laid on the bed, his back aching with pain. He had been on the bed for seven days straight, with the exception of leaving it for his meals and visits to the restroom. He tried to flex his right arm to get rid of the numbness he felt but was rewarded with a stabbing pain instead. His right arm felt limped, it wouldn't move no matter how hard Key commanded it to. The harder he tried, the heavier the hand felt. The worser the pain.

"Ugh.", Key let out a muffled cry as he failed to command his arm successfully. Key stared up at the ceiling as he gave up on trying to get rid of the numbness that is taking over his body. He felt confined. His senses drowned out by the numbness, unable to move and restrained. His body felt heavy, like lead. He struggled to breathe, to open his eyes. His heart pumped fast to supply his deteriorating body with the much needed oxygen. Key took short harsh breaths. He didn't wan to go yet.

" Not now...", Key muttered thru his harsh breathing. He tried to clutch the bed sheets in an attempt to distract and relief him off the pain he was going thru. Cold beads of sweat trickled down his weary face. Tears formed in his eyes as he prayed hard. He didn't want to leave Jjong yet. His knuckles turned white and the grip on the bed sheets got looser. His body is giving into the pain.

"No...", Key mouthed as his eyes searched the white room, pleading for help to anything his sight landed on. He tried to focus his attention by staring at the ceiling. With his gaze set dead onto it, he felt the lights glared back at him. He couldn't care less. He felt like his whole body was dumped into an ocean of needles. Stinging every part of him and drowning him in excruciating pain. His breathing wore him down, each breathe harder to take. Amongst this ordeal, Key can hear the beeping of the machine next to him get slower and slower.

" Beep...Beep...Beep..."

Key's heavy eyelids drooped to the rhythm of it. Soon the beeping got softer and slower Key felt himself drift further away from his body. He felt light , worn off and wanted desperately to let go but he knew he couldn't.

He couldn't. ..Could he?

The white room turned a deadly silent as the beeping stopped. The patient laid on his bed, pale, tired and filled with anguish as a silent tear crept down his haggard face. 

The struggle was no more.

Jonghyun watched nervously as the doctors rushed into Key's ward. His heart beating fast, Jjong paced impatiently outside the ward, feeling that his noisy footsteps is disturbing him, he sat down on the bench. More nurses rushed in and out of Key's ward. This wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for him. Jonghyun blamed himself. It was all his fault. If he hadn't been so careless that night, he wouldn't be involved in car accident and Key would not have to donate his liver to save him. Then the heart failure wouldn't have occurred as there is no infectious wound.  Why? Why is this happening? Jjong continuously blamed himself and wept. The thought of Key battling the pain tortured him. He felt like his whole body was gnawed up into pieces by a ferocious predator as he saw the doctor pushed Key out of his ward.

" He needs to be transferred to the ICU.", the doctor said.

" We might be able to resurrect him this time but his condition is worsening. Please be prepared for the worst.", the doctor added on before leaving Jjong alone to digest his words. Jjong watched as the nurses pushed Key away and into the ICU. Key's body was attached to various foreign devices. Life support. Jjong had his fair share of it during his stays in the hospital. He understood how the devices would slowly drive away all the living will in a patient's body. Slowly but surely, forcing the family to pull the plug to end the suffering of their loved one. 

Would he have to have to make the same decision too?

He followed the nurse as she led him to Key's ICU ward. He had been there too. Ward 136. Its the exact same ward that he laid in 2 years back. Only this time, it wasn't him that that was laying on the bed., it was his beloved Key. He caressed the glass that separated him and Key. Hoping that his touch would travel beyond the glass and reach Key. Comforting him from the ordeal he is going thru. Its the only thing he could do now to help Key. He felt lost as he watch Key lay in there.It should have been him instead of Key. Jjong resented and hated himself for causing Key to be in this horrible state. He clenched his fist and his palm turned red from the strong force that jjong applied. A light pat on Jjong's right shoulder made him snap out of his fury. It was Onew-hyung.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GAHHH D; i hate myself for writing such stories :/ Damn so what do you guys think about it? Sorry if its bad :/ I wrote this at 3 AM in the morning *_*

Comment please? :D Should i continue the story? Or just leave it as a oneshot? Cause i have the continuation but i am not sure if i should post it ._.