Happy Birthday, Kyu

Rose Language

It was freezing cold outside, but that’s quite normal for a winter day in early February. There was no snow, but it was white nonetheless because of the thin layer of freeze everywhere. Sanghee’s breath turned into small clouds as she walked home, wearing a coat, a beanie, gloves and a thick scarf around her neck. A bag full of groceries was with her. She wanted to cook something special since it was a special day. It was February 3rd. Not only her own birthday but also her boyfriend’s. And her boyfriend was nobody but Super Junior’s Cho Kyuhyun.

She still couldn’t believe it, but they were happy for over two years now. Their relationship was official before it really started, but everyone could witness their ever growing love. Against all expectations there were no scandals about their relationship except the beginning itself. But nearly everybody accepted Sanghee right away on Kyuhyun’s side as his love. Of course there had been some negative reactions, but they just ignored the words thrown at Sanghee. On one hand the ELFs were sad that Kyuhyun was taken, but on the other hand they loved the news of Kyuhyun being in a relationship since Sanghee was one of them and that gave them hope that a relationship between an idol and a fan was possible. Sanghee was an ELF from the very beginning. And despite being a plain music student, she managed to catch Kyuhyun’s heart.

Sanghee opened the door to their apartment. They were living together for some month now and it felt like heaven. Her own little paradise with Kyuhyun.
She was welcomed by the warmth of the apartment and a content sigh left her lips while she peeled off her coat and stuff. “Kyu, are you home?” she asked into the apartment, but there was no answer. As she walked to the kitchen she saw a single purple rose and an envelope on the small shelf in the hallway. She took the rose and admired the color and the smell, before she opened the envelope with a pumping heart.

My dear Angel,
first of all Happy Birthday! I can’t wait to spend the whole evening with you <3
Maybe you’re asking why a purple rose?
Well, in the 18th century, when men started to show their love for women with flowers, there was something called ‘rose language’. It was used for couples, who had to meet in secret. ‘A rose shows true love that is stronger than thorns and can outlive all obstacles.’ But every color and even the numbers of roses have a special meaning. I want to teach you a thing or two about rose language today, so let’s start..
A purple rose... it means beauty. And you’re my beauty. I could stare at you the whole day and wouldn’t get enough of you. I know you don’t believe me when I say “You’re beautiful” because you think you aren’t. But you are. To me you’re beautiful outside and also inside. My angel, you’re my Miss Universe.


Sanghee was staring at the letter with a smile on her face. Not only her lips were smiling but also her eyes were bright with joy. “Some cheesy boyfriend I have” she whispered and took the rose and the card into the kitchen to search for a vase. Seem like he spent too much time with that cheeseball Siwon recently.
She was surprised to find 3 more roses in the kitchen. One on the kitchen counter, one on the windowsill and another one on the kitchen table. She took the roses and each of them also came with a little letter.

A yellow rose… it means love and happiness. I never thought I’d be able to love someone, but you showed me what love and happiness is. I thought I was happy before, having my family, the music, my hyungs and the Kyuline. But then you came into my life and taught me what real happiness is. I finally felt complete, without knowing that I felt incomplete before.

An orange rose… it means fascination and unlimited energy. I’m fascinated by you again every single day. It seems like I can’t stop wondering how perfect you are to me. Even your ‘mistakes’ seem perfect to me. And I just have to think about you to keep going. You’re my source of energy when I’m down, be it psychical or physical.

A blue rose… it means extraordinary, mystery and impossibility, since blue roses are not made by nature itself. Even after being with you for over two years it’s a miracle for me how you changed me by just being you, how you made me a better person and how I still fall in love with you again every single day.


Sanghee was in tears by now. She couldn’t stop the tears falling down her cheeks but she didn’t want to, because it were tears of happiness and love. She was always aware of how much Kyuhyun loved her. But this was another level of displaying his love. He was romantic and cheesy sometimes but this was the ultimate cliché. And she still loved every single word of it, because she knew he meant it.

As if knowing she would find more roses, she walked to the living room, where five roses were waiting for her. Pink, light pink, white, lavender and a black rose. She never saw a lavender one before and the black rose made her feeling a little uncomfortable. Black never meant something good, did it? Black was farewell and death and she feared the letter that was attached to the black rose. But despite her bad feeling she started with the other four roses.

A lavender rose… it means love at first sight. The moment we met in front of the restaurant, I fell in love with you. I cursed Changmin that day for wanting to introduce me to his girlfriend since I had a feeling I would be left out. But you were there too as Honbi’s best friend and the moment I set my eyes on you I knew you would be special to me. And I fought till I finally got your heart.

A pink rose… it means gratitude. And I’m so grateful for everything. Thank you for coming into my life. Thank you for giving me your heart, which I will protect till the very end. Thank you for giving me a chance to show that Super Junior’s maknae Kyuhyun and Cho Kyuhyun are not completely the same person. Thank you for letting me show you that love exists. Thank you for accepting me with all my flaws, my insecurities, my jealousy, my y me. Thank you for being the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing I see at night. Thank you for coping with the fact that I’m an idol, which means a lot of unexpected schedules and obstacles. Thank you for being mine.

A light pink rose… it means gentle emotions and pride. I always played with women before, used them for without feeling anything. I used to be an emotionless robot when it came to women. But you changed me. I want to hold you, I want to protect you. I want you by my side and shower you with my love. Just holding you in my arms makes me fell complete. Kissing you makes me feel like flying. And making love to you is beyond words.
And I’m so proud of you. Not only because you finished your music studies with absolute perfect grades and will be a famous musician soon. (I know that Sooman-ssi already talked to you. He wants you, so go for it!) I’m proud of my perfect girlfriend, who is loved by everyone. The ELFs love you, my parents loved you the moment they met you and even my sister is a close friends for you now. All my friends are envious of our relationship. (Well, not all. You know too well that also Changmin and Honbi’s relationship is as perfect as ours.) Of course we’re fighting sometimes, but that’s quite normal and we always manage to talk about our problems and are even happier afterwards.  
    


God, when did her boyfriend became that cheesy? And everything just for her birthday?
Reading the words about Changmin and Honbi, she made a mental note to tell her best friend about all this cheese and ask her, if Chang had done something like this before. Because everyone knew that Kyuhyun and Changmin were both known for their evilness. But nobody knew that both males were also able to be romantic and cheesy.

Sanghee was still amused about the fact that they were actually couple best friends, even if their best friend’s story was totally different from her and Kyuhyun’s. When Honbi started dating Changmin there was a meeting between the four of them to introduce their best friends. And it didn’t need much time for both of them became close. Kyuhyun was whipped by Sanghee directly. The problem was that Sanghee was not fond of love and relationships because of some bad experiences in her past. But she didn’t say no to , so Kyuhyun and Hee started everything as a friendship with benefits already the evening they met. At some point she decided to act as Kyuhyun’s fake girlfriend, because for once the Super Junior maknae made a stupid mistake. To post a pic on twitter he made while gaming in his room was not the stupid thing. But it was stupid to not check if there was anything in the pic no one should see, like Sanghee’s bra on the floor, her handbag on a stool and her shoes next to the door. So to avoid an even bigger scandal she acted as his official girlfriend, which meant public dates and stuff. Kyuhyun was more than pleased to do all this since he fell for her from the very beginning. During the act Sanghee got aware of her feelings for Kyuhyun and somewhere along the way they became a real couple.

She was deep in her thoughts about her life and the story about her relationship until she remembered why she thought about that now at all. So she gave her attention back to the roses. Next was the white rose, which looked so pure and innocent. Was that the meaning? Pureness and innocence? Because she and Kyuhyun had been everything but pure and innocent…

A white rose… it means everlasting love. It’s also called the ‘flower of light’. A white rose is pure, so is everlasting love. My feelings for you are pure. No one caught my attention and I can’t even seem to try to look at others. I’m totally whipped and no one manages to ‘dirty’ my love for you. It’s simply everlasting. A feeling I can’t change and also don’t want to change. You’re my shining star, my light.

Sanghee’s heart was pumping in her ribcage. But her fingers were shaking as she took the letter from the black rose. She still had a weird feeling about it, but she opened the letter bravely. The explanation was much shorter than the others and confused her.

A black rose… it means farewell and separation. But it’s also a symbol for a new beginning. And I want a new beginning for our relationship, a new beginning on another level. Are you ready to go the next step, Angel…?

Next step? What the hell was that supposed to mean? She thought for a few moments until her eyes shot wide open. He wasn’t going to… propose, was he? Because all she could think of by reading ‘another level of relationship’ was engagement.

With wobbling knees she walked to her and Kyuhyun’s shared bedroom. There was a note stuck on the bedroom door.

Red roses… so many different meanings. Love, passion, desire, affection. Brightness and intensity of emotions. But most and simply ‘love’.
I told you that also the numbers of roses have a meaning. You got 9 roses until now. Nine roses means ‘together as long as we live’. And another 99 red roses are waiting for you inside our room. 99 roses mean ‘I will love you till the day I die.’
9 + 99 is 108. And also this amount of roses has a special meaning. 108 roses are a symbol for…….


Did he really have to end the note there?! Sanghee was dying of curiosity and nervousness. Her heart already told her to be ready for a proposal, but her head told her to stop suggesting in case it was not a proposal so she wouldn’t be disappointed. 
Her shaking hand opened the door and she really was welcomed by a red ocean of roses. Each and every one in full blossom. Bright red and dark red. The whole bedroom was shimmering in red.
But what made her heart stop was Kyuhyun. He was sitting on their bed, a small box made of scarlet velvet in his hands, displaying a silver ring with a diamond that sparkled in the warm light of the candles that also decorated the room. Another matching ring for himself was also in the box. “Will you marry me?”

Sanghee’s breath hitched and she cupped with her hands while her tears started to fall again. She was out of words and couldn’t answer, even if she knew that all she needed to say was a simple ‘yes’.
Kyuhyun was looking at his girlfriend with big questioning eyes. Why wasn’t she answering? But before he could talk again, Sanghee launched forward and threw herself at Kyuhyun. Her arms around his neck and her face in the crook of his neck. She nodded and for Kyu’s luck she found her voice again. “Of course.” she whispered and looked up to him now. “Yes. Thousand times yes. I’ll marry you.” she answered and felt like the happiest person on earth right now.

Kyuhyun smiled at her and bend down to kiss her. Their lips connected in a soft yet passionate kiss. As their lips parted he took her hand and slid the ring on her left hand. Sanghee was totally in awe again and stared at her new ring with bright eyes.
“I love you, soon-to-be Mrs. Cho!” he said and the young woman grinned at her fiancé. “You’re happy about that as , aren’t you? That I’ll finally be Mrs. Cho and not Miss Kim anymore.” she chuckled and caressed his cheek while he nodded confirming. Her last name was Kim, something that always had bothered him to no end since half of his group’s last name was also Kim. And she was his, not his bandmate’s! And especially Heechul was very close to Sanghee now. So finally she was really his.

“Uhm.. I have something for you too since it’s our birthday today.” Sanghee said and was nervous again. “I have you already. You accepting my proposal is enough for me!” Kyuhyun told her, but she just smiled and reached for the bedside table on her side of the bed. She opened the drawer, took out an envelope and gave it to Kyuhyun. “I thought about what to say, but I decided to see your reaction first.” Sanghee told him mysteriously and Kyuhyun nearly ripped the envelope open from curiosity, because it didn’t happen often that Sanghee acted so mysterious, since she was a very straight forward person. And when she acted like that it always was a big surprise. And so was it now.
“Is this… is this what I think it is?” he asked stupidly and his eyes blinked rapidly at what he was holding in his hands. “Well… I’ll pick up your words from before.” Sanghee started “Ready to take our relationship to a new level, soon-to-be Kyuhyun-appa?” she asked sweetly and this time it was Kyuhyun who threw himself at her, letting the black and white sonogram fall onto the pillows.
“Oh my god, yes! This is… this is amazing!” It was obvious that the singer was overjoyed. He let his hand glide to her belly and caressed it softly. “How far along are you?” he asked and Sanghee bit her lip. “The 4th month will be starting next week already. And I’m sorry that I kept it a secret so long. But you had so much to do with the new album promotions and I didn’t want to disturb your work by telling you the news. But I’m surprised myself that you haven’t found out until now, but maybe it’s because I just have slight morning sickness, so it was easy to hide.”

She thought that Kyuhyun would be upset about holding it a secret for so long, but all he did was pout cutely. “So unfair! Now I just have 6 month to enjoy the feeling of becoming a father!” he whined. But Sanghee just smiled. “But in 6 month you can enjoy the feeling of being a father, Kyu.” And her words did the magic. He was smiling bright and so were his eyes.
“Best birthday of my life so far”, he whispered but Sanghee topped it with a “Best day of my life.” 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Happy Birthday Cho Kyuhyun <3

Of course this is just fictional and I don't think Kyu is really this cheesy, but thats how fanfictions work xD
I hope you like what you just read. Please let me know ;)
See you~