The Maknae of Super Junior

Dear Maknae

It had finally dawned one day to Kyuhyun how much s love him.

 

---------

-------

-----

 

'I'm so tired and I have sores all over my body!' Kyuhyun complained as he plopped himself onto the bed.

 

'You're so old.' Ryeowook laughed and sat on his bed just opposite of Kyuhyun's bed.

'Two hours in the practice room made you complain like a y brat.' He added.

 

'I am not old and I sure am not a y brat!' Kyuhyun snorted at the other man in annoyance.

'I'm just tired which reminds me that the other members are gonna me about making dinner soon enough. Damm it.' He rolled on his bed in a frustrated manner.

 

'What planet are you living in?' Ryeowook stared at his whiny friend and said.

'What made you think that you're making dinner?'

 

'I'm not?' Kyuhyun sat up and looked at Ryeowook.

 

'I'm pretty sure they stopped asking you a long time ago.' Ryeowook shrugged and laid down on his bed.

'Plus, I'll be the one they'd on making dinner.'

 

'Only cuz I almost poisoned them.' Kyuhyun snorted again. 

'It was a long time ago but what if they change their mind? I mean they couldn't stop nagging at me during practice cuz I wasn't flexible enough I'm pretty sure they're gonna ask me to make dinner for them as a punishment.'

 

'You're being ridiculous.' Ryeowook laughed again. Amused at hearing Kyuhyun's reason. Kyuhyun looked at his best friend questioningly.

 

'First of all, they wouldn't want you to poison them again.' Ryeowook began. 'Secondly, have you taste your own cooking? You're terrible! I mean how can soup taste like water?! And thirdly, they wouldn't want you to hurt yourself in all honesty.' The last few words of Ryeowook caught Kyuhyun's attention.

 

'What do you mean they wouldn't want me to hurt myself?' Kyuhyun asked the smaller man shortly after that.

 

'You didn't know?' Ryeowook merely shrugged.

'Remember the time when you tried cooking meat and you almost lose your entire right hand?' Kyuhyun nodded, feeling his cheeks burned a bit out of embarassment.

 

'Well they wouldn't want you to see or know but they were so worried when manager hyung took you to the hospital.' Ryeowook informed him.

 

'Yeah right.' Kyuhyun said incrediously finding it hard to believe the latter's words.

 

'Suits yourself but they really were worried and made sure that you wouldn't go to the kitchen and hurt yourself ever again.'

 

 

Kyuhyun said nothing in return but stared into nothingness with a gazillion thoughts running through his mind.

 

 

----------------

------------

------

 

 

Practice was hard and Kyuhyun could feel every limp on his bodies hurting as he sat down on the large sofa at the back of their practice room. He grabbed a hold of his water bottle that Ryeowook had brought for him and gobbled down the liquid inside, savoring the cold sensation it brought down to his throat. 

 

'You okay Kyu?' Kyuhyun looked up and saw Leeteuk hovering over him with worried eyes.

'Just don't worry about not having everything down perfectly and don't push yourself too hard. You're still healing.' Kyuhyun frowned at Leeteuk's reminder of his incapable body. He was still recovering from his near-death accident and it had took him a lot of effort to be standing inside the practice room with the other members again. He just didn't want to be the reason they were held back.

'You're not holding anybody back.' Leeteuk told the younger man knowing fully well what was going on inside his mind.

'What we want for you right now is to recover and just...not hurt anymore.' He patted Kyuhyun on the shoulder.

'We love you Kyuhyunnie.' Kyuhyun smiled and nodded.

 

'Alright you lazy brats it's time to get on with the practice.' Both Kyuhyun and Leeteuk turned and looked the source of the voice and frowned. It was their new dance teacher and the older man wasn't of a fond of any of them. He was too full of pride and ego. He always thinks he's right and doesn't take no for an answer.

 

'Come on lets do this dance.' Leeteuk offered his hand to Kyuhyun to help him off of the sofa.

 

----

 

'Got that? That's what I want each of you to do by the end of this song.' Their dance teacher yelled out to them.

'You are going to jump down to your knees and spread your arms wide while being in a circle. You will make sure it looks dramatic.' He both told and warned them. He was someone of good reputation and he plan on keeping it that way no matter what.

 

'God I hate him so much.' Eunhyuk grunted his teeth and whispered to Shindong who was standing next to him.

'Does he think we're some sort of circus act or theatre act? I mean those moves doesn't even fit our song!'

 

'I know what you mean but there's nothing we can do.' Shindong nodded and frowned.

'I don't know what our company was thinking, hiring someone like him just because he has a reputation. Reputation my his attitude !' Shindong complained.

'And if it wasn't because of his talented assistance helping him all of the dance moves he told people to do are just a laughing stock.' Eunhyuk nodded like a pecking bird and was about to respond but was quickly interupted soon after.

 

'Alright now I want you all to do it!' The dance teacher said looking at them all simulteneously.

'At the count of three I want you all jump to your knees and do everything I told you before.'

'Okay one, two..three!' 

 

'Good. That's-' The dance teacher said but stopped middle way when he noticed one person still standing, looking around nervously.

'Excuse me Mr Cho Kyuhyun but why aren't you doing it?' He went and stood in front of Kyuhyun, crossing his arms together. 

 

'Um..' Kyuhyun tried to explain. '..I..I don't think I can do it...'

 

'Do it. NOW.' The dance teacher looked at Kyuhyun angrily and ordered.

'RIGHT NOW CHO!'

 

Kyuhyun gulped and nodded. As much as he wanted to protest, he was scared of the dance teacher's death glares thrown at him. After hesitating here and there, Kyuhyun finally did as he was told and he soon found himself regretting his decision as he let out a yelp at the sudden overwhelming pain that hit him. Kyuhyun could see from his teary eyes that members have all froze and was now staring at him.

Kyuhyun was in so much pain that he let out an excruiting cry that was almost inaudible and he found himself having a heart time to breathe. He was having a panic attack. At this, the other members immediately ran to his side.

 

'Kyuhyun!' Ryeowook was at his side immediately followed by Leeteuk, Kibum, Siwon and Donghae.

 

'..I..I think it's broken..' Kyuhyun tried to say as tears flowed downn his cheeks. It was so painful that crying was the only thing he could do to make the pain go away.

 

'Siwon! Quick, call the ambulance!' Leeteuk told the younger man that was crouching next to a frantic Ryeowook. Siwon nodded and quickly took out his phone from his pocket. 

'It'll be okay Kyu. Just breathe in and breathe out carefully. You need to breathe Kyuhyunnie.' Leeteuk tried to calm Kyuhyun who was having a panic attack and shaking badly.

 

'Hyung..it..it hurts..' Kyuhyun yelped and cried he was practically trembling.

 

'OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD WHERE'S THAT AMBULANCE??!!!' Ryeowook was going blalistic as he pulled his hair hard. Kibum quickly grabbed his hands and stopped him. 

 

'You need to calm down as well Ryeowook!' 

 

Leeteuk was about to say something when he caught the sight of the other members. He quickly got up and walked towards them.

 

' YOU!' Kangin snapped as he held onto the dance teacher's throat, looking like he was ready to kill the older man. Eunhyuk was standing on his left side, locking the left arm of the dance teacher while Sungmin was doing the same thing for his right arm. 

 

'HE TOLD YOU THAT HE COULDN'T DO IT!!' Heechul yelled from behind Kangin with a murderous look inside his eyes.

'I'M GOING TO SKIN YOU ALIVE!'

 

'If anything bad happens to him I would hunt you down and bury you alive.' Shindong gritted his teeth and punched the dance teacher's face.

 

'STOP THIS AT ONCE!' Leeteuk screamed at the top of his lungs with a stren look on his face.

'Let go of him. Don't stood at his level.' He then told them.

'I SAID LET GO!'

 

'You're lucky because Leeteuk stopped us and you only got a punch but I swear if I ever see you again in this building or anywhere else I would skin you alive and feed you to the lions.' Kangin pushed the dance teacher hard at the wall and let go of his grip on him followed by Eunhyuk and Sungmin.

 

 

Kyuhyun stared at all the commotions s were making as he felt himself losing his consciousness, letting darkness surround him.

 

 

--------

------

---

 

 

'Here. Drink this.' Donghae said as he handed a cup of hot honey-lemon tea to Kyuhyun.

 

'Thanks hyung.' Kyuhyun said and sniffled taking the cup from Donghae's hand. His flu had gotten worst from the day before and it was giving him hell. He hated how stuffy and runny his nose feel all at the same time.

 

'I told you you shouldn't sleep with your windows wide open.' Donghae uttered as he sat down on the bed next to Kyuhyun.

'You know how sensitive you are to cold temperature.'

 

'I just forgot.' Kyuhyun only said as he sip his tea, enjoying the sensation of the hot liquid going down his throat.

 

'Sometimes I wonder how old you really are.' Donghae shook his head.

'I mean you're younger than the rest of us but you forget things easily.'

 

'Please stop nagging hyung.' Kyuhyun uttered with a frown on his face. He was feeling too sick to take in all this naggng coming from his fishy hyung.

 

'I'm just saying.' Donghae shrugged and during this time, Ryeowook's head popped from behind the door.

 

'Kyuhyun, I'm going to make you something to help you feel better okay. What would you like? Soup or porridge?' Ryeowook asked with a smile on his face.

 

'Soup sounds nice.' Kyuhyun answered looking at his friend.

'Thanks ryeonggu.'

 

'No problem.' Ryeowook said and soon his head was gone.

 

'How's our maknae??' Kyuhyun looked up and saw Kangin, Leeteuk, Heechul and Siwon entering his room.

 

'I feel better after drinking this tea.' Kyuhyun pointed to the cup he was holding.

'By the way, why do you people keep on bugging me since yesterday? I need my privacy too you know.'

 

Heechul smacked his shoulder immediately. 'Yah, we would have leave you alone if you know how to take care of yourself properly you know?'

'You're always sick it's ridiculous. Sometimes I feel scared that I might get caught in your germs.'

 

'Which is the whole point of why I ask you to leave me alone.' Kyuhyun answered incrediously. 'You complain about getting germs from me but you don't know how to leave me alone.'

 

'This ungrateful little brat!' Heechul pinched Kyuhyun's waist and the younger yelped in pain soo after. The other members merely laughed at this.

 

'Just get some rest okay Kyu. Leeteuk ruffled Kyuhyun's hair gently.

'I hope you feel better soon.' He smiled.

 

'I'll punch you if you don't.' Kangin said jokingly causing another round of laughter inside the room.

'Seriously kid, take good care of yourself would you?' Kyuhyun said nothing and looked at the older man.

'You're always making us worried!' Kangin added as he walked out of the room followed by the rest of the people that bargged into his room without permission.

 

'Just call us if you need anything.' Siwon said with a genuine smile as he closed Kyuhyun's door.

'Feel better soon.'

 

 

Kyuhyun didn't remove his eyes off of the door until it was completely shut. He found himself smiling on the inside something he would never admit in a million years.

 

 

-----------------------

-------------

------

--

 

 

Kyuhyun walked into his dorm and peeked at the living room. There he saw s chatting away with each other, eating boxes of pizzas and just having a really good time. They looked so happy and cheerful that Kyuhyun's eyes softened as he observed them quietly. For a moment he closed his eyes and thank God for giving him the priviledge of having such wonderful people around in his life. The people that cared for him genuinely and would do anything for him. The people that would be happy for him, get upset for him and be angry and over protective over him all at the same time.

Kyuhyun chuckled amusingly when he saw them fighting over the last piece of pizza. 

 

 

 

They were his precious hyungs.

 

 

And he was their dear maknae.

 

 

 

 

And everything was perfect that way.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy KyuDay everyone! <3

I know I'm a little late but I wanted to write in between his the day of his birthday and the day of my birthday *shameless* lol.

Anyways, do subscribe and leave lots of comment! It'll make me a very happy author hee~ :)

 

Thanks for reading!

-Haruhi