Zero Gravity

Zero Gravity


Bang Yongguk, a successful composer in his mid twenties walked into a classroom of a kindergarten located close to his house. Not exactly walking in, just peeking into one of the classroom to see the teacher teaching in the class. Again, he felt a really light feeling going around his heart as he saw the man’s smile.
Yongguk smiled along. The man—whom he knew owned a name Kim Himchan—took his heart instantly when Youngjae, his cousin, introduced him to Himchan. The moment he saw Himchan, he realized that the world around him turned to zero gravity.

His heart felt light. His legs felt like flying. His head was inspired. Only by looking at Kim Himchan’s smile.

Seems like Bang Yongguk quickly went head over heels.

“Bang Yongguk, you’re here again.”

A voice greeted Yongguk back to reality. Yongguk was already going to swear towards the voice owner when he saw who it was. It was YooYoungjae, Yongguk’s cousin who was also the owner of the kindergarten. Yongguk shushed him as Himchan realized there was noises came from the classroom door. Yongguk peeked again. Luckily Himchan did not give any attention to the noise outside as there was a kid crying in the class at the moment—whom Yongguk would thank if he got the time.

“What are you doing here, hyung?” Youngjae dragged Yongguk further from the class, so their conversation would not disturb the class. “Are you stalking on Kim Himchan again?”

Yongguk chuckled. “You know me so well.”

Youngjae sat himself and Yongguk on a bench in the playground. Both of them were looking at the bright sky which had no sun. The sky was a little cloudy, yet still quite bright. A perfect weather for a date, Yongguk thought.

“Seriously,” Youngjae turned his head towards his older cousin. “Why don’t you ask him out already, hyung?” Youngjae turned his head back to the sky. “If I were you I would have made him my lover already.”

Yongguk turned his head from the sky towards his younger cousin. “You think so?”

“Of course!” Youngjae nodded. “You guys knew each other for almost one year already. Why don’t you man up and try asking him for a date? I’m sure he wouldn’t mind.”

“You think so?” same question from Bang Yongguk. Youngjae nodded again.

“Rather than stalking him and loving him from afar, wouldn’t it feel better to have him in your arms with you telling him that you love him?” Youngjae’s romantic side awakened, making a slight smile on the older’s face.

“Well…” Yongguk stared at the ground. “It’s kinda hard.”

“Oh cmon!” Youngjae groaned. “How hard it is to ask him out, hyung? You just gotta—“

“You don’t understand,” Yongguk wrote Himchan’s name on the ground with his shoes. “He is so captivating that everytime I get near him...” Yongguk sighed dramatically. “The sky becomes bluer. The grass becomes greener. You become taller and everything feels so light and right.”

“Are you mocking me?” Youngjae frowned and Yongguk replied with a laugh. Yongguk-hyungreally was head over heels towards Himchan-hyung,Youngjae thought.

“But hyung,” Youngjae turned his brain upside down and got quite an idea. “I heard a man named Junhong was also after him,”

It worked. Yongguk stared at Youngjae intently with his forehead frowned.

“What?”

“Yeah, I think his name was Junhong,” Youngjae pretended to be thinking, “Choi Junhong?”

Yongguk’s frown went deeper.

“How dare he!”

“How dare what?” Youngjae looked at his hyung, “You obviously can’t say that. Himchan isn’t yours.”

“Then I’ll make him mine!”

“Go on~” Youngjae almost laughed at the sight of jealous Yongguk. The older man was really funny when jealous. His forehead frowned like someone who was thinking on how to make himself take over the world. Youngjae could almost imagine if Yongguk had tail and ears, those features would drop down confused.

“But how…” Yongguk covered his face with his palms, “Even when I talk to him, I would stutter. When he smile, everything becomes….” Yongguk could not find a word. Instead, he buried his face deeper in his palms.

After quite a long silence, the bell rang. Youngjae quickly pat his hyung’s shoulder.

“Hyung, now is lunchtime. You could ask him to have lunch together. Though usually he brought his own lunch.”

Yongguk’s desperate face turned towards Youngjae. “You think so?”

“Of course!” Youngjae rolled his eyes. “Quick! Before Junhong got him!”

Hearing the name ‘Junhong’ was mentioned, Yongguk quickly ran across the playground to come to the class where Himchan taught. He could see Himchan walked out with a kid in his arms. The kid’s face was a little red, probably he just cried.

Yongguk exhaled once, then walked towards the now smiling man who was trying to make the boy in his arms laugh. Yongguk was captivated a little seeing Himchan’s smile, but Yongguk eventually kept going forward.

“H-Hime!”

“Oh, Bbang!” Himchan’s smile grew even wider when he spotted nervous Yongguk visiting him. “You came! Are you visiting Youngjae?”

“Y-Yeah, sort of,” Yongguk really stuttered. “Is.. is it lunch break now?” Yongguk smiled when he saw Himchan answered his question by nodding. Yongguk’s hands lifted to touch the cheeks of the boy in Himchan’s arms.

The boy was really cute. His hair was a little curly and a little long in length. The cheeks were slightly chubby and those cheeks were reddened from crying. The boy got rather big eyes too, eyes which kept staring at Yongguk while squeezing Himchan’s shirt.

“Cute,” Yongguk commented on the boy as Himchan caressed the boy’s hair. “What’s his name?”

“Who’s your name, cutie?” Himchan asked the boy to answer Yongguk’s question himself. The boy frowned a little as he saw Yongguk smiling and buries his little face in Himchan’s neck.

“….hong,” the boy answered in a whine. Yongguk raised his eyebrows.

“I can’t hear you, cutie,” Yongguk poked the boy’s back. “Cmon, tell me your name, hm?”

The boy turned his face and showed Yongguk his red face and eyes. His little lips let out few whines before he buried his face again in Himchan’s neck.

“Aigooo. Junhongie sulked, eh?” the name mentioned by Himchan completely stun Yongguk.
Junhongie?

“His name is Junhong. Choi Junhong,” Himchan smiled as he rubbed the boy’s back gently, “He’s my student. One of the youngest. He’s 3 and half now.”

“Oh,”

Yongguk was completely stunned knowing that Choi Junhong who had made him jealous was not a typical Junhong he expected. Yongguk chuckled when he recovered from the stun and rubbed his hair harshly. Not even believing the fact that he was jealous over a child. A boy. A Choi Junhong was a boy. And he was not even 5. Or 4.

“Ah, Junhong.” Yongguk rubbed the boy’s back as the boy tighten his grip on Himchan’s shirt.

“Uhm,” Yongguk gulped his saliva nervously, “I was thinking… whether you want to have lunch with me or not…” he rubbed his nape.

“Oh, sure! That sounds so nice.” Himchan smiled again, making the older smiled too. Smiles are indeed contagious.

“Great!” Yongguk made a quick decision to take Himchan to a café across the kindergarten. “And then probably we can go on a da—“

“Bbang, sorry about this but… is it okay to bring Junhong with us?” Himchan checked the boy’s forehead. “He caught a little fever today. His parents usually come in the evening.”

“Oh?” Yongguk widened his eyes excitedly. “Sure!” he answered happily though he wasn’t so happy hearing what happened to Junhong. Poor kid, thought Yongguk. Parents nowadays are so busy they don’t even have time for their children.

“Of course he could come with us,” Yongguk put his arms around Himchan’s shoulder as they walked across the street. The café was nice eventhough it wasn’t an expensive café like Starbucks or as elegant as HardRock. Korean ballad songs were played in the café, and Yongguk was thankful that the song created such romantic yet relaxed atmosphere.

Yongguk looked in front of him, where little Junhong was cuddling into Himchan on the lap. Junhong’s body was in a fetal position while his head was on Himchan’s chest. The boy glanced at Yongguk multiple times and all Yongguk did was only waving on those tiny hands, thinking that Junhong might be the cutest boy in the whole world. Yongguk thought so, until one sentence from Junhong changed it all.

“Himchan-hyung is mine!”

._____.

, Youngjae was right.

.

.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laaaaaa lalalalaaa~ *insert La Song here*

Damn it's been long. Hopefully my grammatical and (or) vocabulary error doesnt bother you quite much T___T

Not an Englishman right here, everyone. Spare me.

You guys like it? How about giving me some comments for the sake of the story? lolz.

well yeah, comments are loved :3

Til next time!