Part Two

Wrap the Rap

Nahyun definitely exceeded D.ana's expectations when the day of their anniversary came a week later. To begin with, the former had cooked a breakfast of tofu soup, kimchi fried rice, toast with eggs, and even brewed a pot of vanilla-flavored coffee. She told D.ana that she made all of it herself, though the faces of the other members who had woken up said otherwise. Apparently, Nahyun had gotten up early with the intention to make a quaint little breakfast for her girlfriend, but Sumin also woke up, and decided to help her. When Minjae and High.D appeared, Nahyun thought it would be best to simply make food for all the members. It made her happy anyway, especially from D.ana's radiant expression upon seeing the "Happy 100! I love you~" written in grape jelly on her toast.

After breakfast, the couple headed to MagicLand amusement park, going on almost all the rides--there was a roller coaster called "Feral Attack" that they had a silent agreement not to go on, lest they lose their stomachs. Or their souls. One of D.ana's proudest moments, however, was when she took the hammer from Nahyun at a strength test booth and proceeded to ring the bell at the top without much difficulty. Pleasantly surprised, she chose a magenta-colored stuffed rabbit half her size from the prize rack and promptly handed it to Nahyun, who offered a charming smile in gratitude. The man running the stand also unexpectedly handed D.ana a smaller, off-white stuffed jindo dog, saying it was a free gift for being so impressive at the game.

Their next stop was Namsan Tower. The pair's arms remained linked, their bodies together to combat the late afternoon chill despite the warmth gained from the taxing climb up the structure. Once they reached the top, Nahyun retrieved from her jacket the lock and key set she had purchased earlier, only now allowing D.ana to see what was written on it.

"'100 days and many more, our love forever. D.anahyun fighting! Sonamoo fighting!'" D.ana read, her brow furrowing. "Um, 'D.anahyun'...?"

"It's our names put together. Cute, right?"

D.ana couldn't help but mirror Nahyun's delighted countenance. "Absolutely." She attached the lock to one that was already on the fence, took the stuffed jindo that Nahyun was holding (the girl had insisted on carrying it up with them, and the larger stuffed rabbit was in their stylist's car; D.ana was still amazed that the woman had agreed to let them borrow the car in the first place) and pressed the dog's muzzle to their lock. "Mr. Bbang gives his blessing," she simply said. Nahyun nodded enthusiastically.

It was past dark by the time Nahyun and D.ana reached their final destination: the Han River. They picked a spot close to the bank and laid out a blanket to sit on. Luckily, the temperature hadn't gotten below freezing as they thought it would, so the couple of extra blankets they brought were enough to keep them warm. That, and the fact that D.ana bought hot chocolate for the both of them.

"Hey, this day has been beyond great, really," D.ana commented, drawing even closer to Nahyun, "but I'm gonna have to ask again, why are we out here? In the cold?"

"Have you ever noticed how stars look prettier when it's cold outside?" Nahyun only said in response. "And when you can hear the sound of water moving from one place to another?" D.ana turned her gaze towards the sky, a dark blue sheet with numerous spots of white, some more faded than others. The moon reflected its bright glow, not quite full; there were hardly any stretches of clouds to be seen.

"Yeah... I guess you're right."

The couple sat in silence, admiring the scenery of the sky above them and the city around them. At one point, Nahyun's phone rang, and she excused herself to take the call, leaving D.ana's mind to wander more.

Yup, she's perfect. I couldn't have wanted more from this day. I only hope tonight will go as I planned... D.ana thought to herself. She had settled to enlist Sumin's help after all, in creating a romantic setting for when she and Nahyun returned; although, the eldest member hadn't contacted her about it yet.

Nahyun soon returned to her girlfriend, a grin stretching from ear to ear. "Nahyunnie? What's made you so happy?" D.ana asked, joy coming to her own features.

"You, truly... Hey, look over there," she said, pointing to a boat that was skimming up the river. D.ana diverted her attention to the vessel.

The boat, in the middle of the river, wasn't going too fast, and when it lined up in front of them it slowed down. D.ana couldn't quite make out the exact details of the boat itself, but she could tell that there were figures moving around on it. All of a sudden, sparks erupted from the vessel, springing into the air above it. Fireworks. However, at the peak of the lights' upward path, instead of dispersing into an erratic pattern, the final boom resulted in an arrangement that spelled out "Eunae, I love you." D.ana's jaw hung open, her eyes twinkling with the reflection of the sparks as they fell into the water. The boat then returned to its original speed and disappeared down the river. The event happened rather quickly but D.ana was still processing it after the scene became dark again.

Nahyun turned to her girlfriend, D.ana doing the same, still with the stupefied expression. "...H-How did you ever...?" the latter stuttered.

"Hm, I know some people," Nahyun explained. D.ana didn't say anything else, and Nahyun gave her a short kiss to her lips. "Happy anniversary!" she beamed, immediately being taken into D.ana's embrace.

They headed home after that, D.ana never quite being able to get over the awe of Nahyun's actions. She wasn't sure how the gift she prepared would compare to the fireworks, but she kept reassuring herself that things would go smoothly. Sumin had eventually texted her beforehand, saying that everything was waiting for them at home. When they got to the doorstep, the rapper paused and faced her girlfriend.

"I can't stop saying how amazing you are. All the places we went to today were so much fun, and then you went all super-amazing with the fireworks..." D.ana declared.

Nahyun smiled for the hundredth time that day, and shifted the giant rabbit she was holding to her other hip. "I had an fantastic day, too. Let's go get ready for bed, yeah?" she said. D.ana nodded and opened the door for her.

...God bless Sumin's little heart. D.ana thought to herself upon seeing the living room of their dorm. The leader did not disappoint--several candles were lit around the room, bathing it in a gentle, honey-colored glow. Red petals were scattered over the sofas and on the floor; the whole place smelt like freesia flowers thrown into a fresh citrus field. D.ana was impressed, making a mental note to thank Sumin the next day.

Now Nahyun wore the astonished expression. "You... You didn't do all this, did you?"

"No, we were gone all day. I had help, silly," D.ana stated, stepping over to the far side of the room where a CD player sat. Nahyun wanted to ask about who set up the whole atmosphere, but kept quiet when D.ana pressed the play button on the player and a slow beat began to echo. The rapper walked back to her girlfriend, heart beating fast, and took a deep breath with the beat. Okay, here goes. 

Hello my precious,

More than a shell on a turtle, horn on a unicorn

If I cannot just speak and cannot sing,

Emotions come to words, make this fire

 

Work hard, train hard

We have this life but you are my life

I can eat, breathe, sleep rap

But I eat, breathe, sleep thoughts of you

 

Can't separate but there's no debate

Because I want to stay right next to you

Without you I wouldn't be half, no

I'd just be zero, zero

Yo, you are my hero, hero

 

Never been more thankful

Now just to ask you

To find you with me

Like pine trees with pine cones

Onwards and onwards from all these days,

And to say I love you

Nahyun didn't make a sound, tears threatening to form out of her eyes. D.ana gently took both of the girl's hands in hers, and Nahyun managed to find words to say. "Is that something you came up with for me...?"

"Of course," D.ana proclaimed. "I wrote it with you in mind, just for you. Just for today. Just for now. And," she went over to the CD player again, reaching behind it to retreive a CD case, "you can listen to it whenever you want." Nahyun examined it--on the disc were little cartoon drawings of people (from what she could tell it was her and D.ana), and in red marker written "xx-xx-2016. To Nahyunnie, better than the best <3 J.E." 

"My intent from the beginning was to perform it live, which..." D.ana began, a light blush coming to her cheeks, "...which I would like to believe went well...?" Her implied question caused Nahyun to smile brightly and nod in approval, allowing D.ana to continue confidently. "But I wanted to have it recorded anyway," she said.

Nahyun exhaled contentedly, placing the CD on the table next to them. She laid her arms on D.ana's shoulder's, clasping her hands behind the girl's neck and softly rubbing the skin with her thumbs.

"I just...really sorta love you, ya know?" D.ana breathed.

The vocalist smirked in response. "I guess you could say I kinda love you, too," she said, pulling on the girl's neck so that their lips joined softly. The music from the CD player ended on its own, leaving the two in a tranquil silence.

All of a sudden the lights in the room flickered to life, and the couple, more annoyed than alarmed, broke apart to see who had disrupted their solitude.

"Surprise!" came the voice of Sumin, low but still laced with eagerness. The first thing D.ana and Nahyun noticed was the miniature cake resting in Sumin's hands, and then they saw Newsun follow the older girl into the room.

"W-Wait, what are you two doing here?" Nahyun asked, words faltering a bit.

D.ana made a move to open , presumbly to say something along the lines of what Nahyun said, though Sumin began to talk first. "Alright, alright, I'm sorry to cut in on your guys' alone time but you see, Newsun happened to help me earlier with all these candles and whatnot, and she insisted on being here to bring out this cake I planned to give to you guys."

Newsun took a small step forward. "D.ana unnie, I wanted to hear your rap and it's amazing... Congratulations, you two," she said. Nahyun blinked, then immediately proceeded to pull everyone in for a hug.

"Ah, hugs for all you wonderful people~" Nahyun cooed.

They relished in the moment for a while, until Sumin stepped back and brought the dessert she was still holding up to eye level. "So let's eat this?"

"What about the others, though?" Nahyun mentioned. D.ana put a finger up to and winked.

"We just won't tell them until tomorrow."


The end! Fin! 끝! 

Thanks for reading this story :)

I have a couple notes to say: first, I wrote the rap myself (sorry if I didn't do D.ana's mad skillz justice '^_^) except for the "Hello my precious" line from "Cushion," which I don't own any part of. I didn't really have a beat in mind while I was writing it, although I suppose something along the lines of "Like Nobody Knows" by Cheetah ft. Ailee would work. If you got flooww 'cuz I don't... Second, MagicLand and Feral Attack aren't real as far as I know, but Namsan Tower and the Han River are. Third, I'm not 100% certain of what they would eat for breakfast but eyy food is food :3

Questions, comments, concerns? Let me know~