Chapter 3—A Crazy Start

The Connections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhyuk glances back and forth from Krystal to Seulgi. They are having a debate about Krystal’s plan on selling her car. Seulgi is obviously against it, but Krystal keeps stating that it’s important to invest quite a lot for a new business.

“I can’t talk with you anymore.” Seulgi sighs deeply while leans back to the couch.

“Come on, Seul.” Krystal rolls her eyes. “If we’re serious about this, we have to make ourselves professionals—in which we have to have like some sort of office.”

“But we’re doing a website. A freaking website, Soojung. We’re not even a printed magazine or something.”

“Do you think those successful websites don’t have offices? They do.” Krystal says as she folds her arms in front of her chest. “And I believe that’s the reason they can be as successful as right now—they’re focused. It’s hard to work in a house environment.”

“Okay let’s say you sell your car for the investment. Don’t you think you need to drive around to do a research and such?” Seulgi asks—practically glaring at her best friend.

“We still have your car.” Krystal then glances at Minhyuk, “And when we’re off work there’s still my boyfriend!” Krystal smiles sweetly at her boyfriend while Minhyuk gives her the oh-you’re-using-me-again face.

“What if this website doesn’t work out?” Of course, Seulgi wants the website to be a success, but they have to prepare for the worst anyway.

Krystal can’t help but gasps at that. “KANG SEULGI, ARE YOU SAYING IT’S GONNA BE A HUGE FAILURE?”

“Soojung, calm down.” Minhyuk says as he holds Krystal’s shoulder.

“No, but we have to talk the worst scenario.” Seulgi says calmly—she knows Krystal can be dramatic at times.

Before Krystal can answer, Minhyuk opens his mouth, “Well…I guess it’s better than having millions debt on the bank, don’t you think so?” Krystal nods her head as hard as she can, agreeing.

“And I can buy another one once we get a lot of money!” Krystal adds, leaving Seulgi out of word. She couldn’t help but to agree with these two people.

“So, should we go now?” Minhyuk asks his girlfriend.

“Okay,” Krystal says with a mouth full of bread. “It’s not like you get a day off every day.”

“Wait, where are you two going?” Again, Seulgi forever lost.

“Selling the car.” Minhyuk rolls his eyes at Seulgi while stating the obvious.

“What? Right now?”

“Then should we sell it next year?” Krystal asks her back as she grabs her purse. “The business is not gonna start unless I sell my car.”

 

 

Seulgi decided to go back to her apartment once Minhyuk and Krystal set off to the car dealer. Even though she’s approved the car selling thing, she still feels weird somehow. Well, she’s not supposed to be like that, but what can she do if she got that feeling inside her? Gladly, Jaebum called her at lunch time, as she was creating a LinkedIn job application on the website. Seulgi told Jaebum about the whole Krystal wants to sell her car thing and she also told him how she really felt inside.

“But they were right, though. I also think it’s better than having debts on the bank.” Jaebum spoke out his opinion about the matter.

“Well, yeah I know about that. But…”

“Do you perhaps against this because you wanted to have debts on the bank?”

“What? Of course not! Why would I, Im Jaebum?” Seulgi was practically rolled her eyes. She wished he could see it.

“Well, if you want to take a loan, then you will automatically have business with me. Just be honest! You wanted that so you can meet me more often, right?” He’s obviously grinned on the other side of the line.

And at that moment, she just hung up the phone.

“Hello? Hello? Seulgi?” No one answers obviously. Oh no she’s really in a bad mood! Jaebum’s small eyes suddenly rounded as he quickly dialed her numbers. Luckily, she picked up the phone.

“I’M SORRY!” Jaebum’s practically shouted, made people around him turned their heads and Mark, poor him. He was choked on his soup. But as expected, Jaebum didn’t care about that.

“I’m sorry, I know I was wrong.” Jaebum apologized once again and to his luck, Seulgi accepted his lame apology easily. They talked for a while until Jaebum remembered something, “Oh right, about Wendy’s numbers—Mark is here. You should talk to him.” Then he handed the phone to the guy next to him. Mark was confused since Jaebum hasn’t told him anything about this.

“Mark, I need Wendy’s numbers.” Seulgi went straight to the point.

“For what?” Mark confusedly asked.

“I wanna introduce her to a guy friend of mine.” Seulgi .

“Yah! What are you saying?!” Mark unconsciously half shouted. And Jaebum, he practically glared at the guy, “Did you just yell at my girlfriend?!” But Mark decided to ignore him.

Seulgi, on the other hand, let out a laugh. Of course she was teasing Mark and he did fell into the trap, like always. “Relax, Mark. I’m not gonna do that.” She said between her laugh and proceed to tell Mark about her plan to make a website.

After giving Wendy’s numbers and email to Seulgi (Mark thought she might need it), he asked her once again, “You’re not going to do that, are you?”

“Well, it depends.” Again, Seulgi couldn’t help herself. Maybe Jaebum has influenced her.

“I’ll kill you if you really do that!” Mark said before hanging up the phone. He didn’t care—his blood was boiling. But he was very unlucky because Jaebum already stared at him with that death gaze of Im Jaebum.

“I’m gonna kill you first if you have a plan to do that.”

Oh , my life’s gonna end in a second.

 

 

Seulgi immediately called Wendy that afternoon and asked her if she’s free. Well, Wendy always works at home anyway, so she can go out anytime she wants. It’s just that sometimes her articles don’t let her to leave the apartment. But luckily, Wendy wasn’t busy that day so she told Seulgi to meet her at a coffee shop.

Seulgi quickly drove to the coffee shop that Wendy told her, after receiving a phone call from Krystal. She said the car has been sold for a good price—a very rare case. “But I had to persuade the employee though, so you have to thank me!” Krystal just wants everyone to realize her existence. Seulgi then told Krystal that she’s about to meet Wendy and Krystal practically being a cheerleader on the other side of the line. “Break a leg.”, she said.

Wendy was already there, inside the coffee shop, once Seulgi pushed the entrance glass door. Wendy excitedly waved her right hand to greet Seulgi, just like what Mark did that night at his favorite Mexican restaurant. They’re really meant to be. Seulgi chuckled as she gave a sign to Wendy, telling her that she will order a cup of coffee first.

“So…what is it?” Wendy asked Seulgi as soon as the taller girl sat down.

Seulgi fished out her iPad from her purse in order to show Wendy her power point presentation that she prepared earlier. Well, she wanted to look professional anyway. “My friend and I, her name is Krystal, we are planning to make a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter