003

Don't judge.

Want it or not, the next day, Jinri had to force herself to school.She couldn't say to her mom that she was bullied as her mom would surely sue the school.So, she always pretended to be fine, and always lied to her parents that she got friends.Sometimes, she would pick up the phone and pretended talking to her friend to make her lies believable.Unfortunately, her parents believed it and she became lonelier.It's not that good to hide the fact that you're lonely.

It was still so early in the morning.She was alone in that big school and it was somehow comforting that she got to walk in that chilly air.It made her feel fresh and mad her think that her life is not so bad.

Jinri reached her class and when she got to her place, a scoff came out of her lips and rolled her eyes in disbelief.Obviously, someone ate their lunch and scattered the leftovers on her table.And she just knew who was the culprit.(Seriously, this thing happened to my friend.There was a chaos so early in the morning.)

She looked down again to her table and scrunched her nose at the foul smell of the food that had turned bad.Even if she did clear the mess, the smell wouldn't go away and the whole class would be bothered by it.Grunting, she pulled her table out of the class and put it at a hidden place so that no one would see it.She decided to just study without a  table and prayed that the teacher would understand.

Students started filling the school and soon, the class would start.Her classmates would glance at her once in a while, wondering where was her table but no one bothered to ask.It wasn't their problem anyway.Jongin saw it and just smirked.

The teacher entered the class and saw her favorite student without a table.

"Jinri, where's your table?" She concernly asked.

"Actually-" Jinri was about to answer when she was cut off by Jongin

"She got into a fit of rage and chopped the table in half earlier this morning."

The teacher was horrified by that accusation and turned to look at Jinri who was also staring at Jongin with a confused expression.Is Jongin that dense?I can't do that even if I turned into a hulk.

"That's vandalism, Jinri." The teacher told her and Jinri felt a knot in her stomach.The teacher can't be believing that lie too.That ridiculous lie.Jinri heard some sniggers from her classmates and gulped before telling the teacher her side of the story.

"I wouldn't do that.Actually, someone left their lunch on my table yesterday and it stinks.I had to put away the table for a while." She said it in a breathe.Since the teacher knew that Jinri would be bullied anyway, she just let it go.The class continued and Jongin was annoyed that the teacher didn't punish Jinri.When the class ended and students went to recess, she called Jinri to have a little talk.Jinri approached the teacher warily, wondering if she was in trouble.

"Who did that to you?Tell me." The teacher softly held her hand and gazed her firmly.As if she was summoning some power to be able to read Jinri's mind.Jinri fidgeted a little knowing that someone would get into trouble because of her.It made her uneasy because of her soft heart.

"Taemin." She told her the name anyway and prayed that the teacher would just take the matter lightly.

"Meet me after school ended." The teacher said after keeping silent for a few seconds.Jinri was glad that the teacher didn't question much about it and really took the matter lightly.Maybe the teacher asked to meet just to give her some advices.She has always received counsels from the teacher about winning at life.

"You don't have to worry.It's nothing." Jinri assured the teacher with a big smile and skipped her way out of the class.

 

Jinri looked at the scene in front of her horrifyingly.Sitting in front of the teacher was Taemin, and she couldn't see what her future would be as it was too dark.The teacher saw her by the door, hesitant on coming inside.

"Jinri, come in.Have a seat." The teacher greeted.Taemin also turned towards her and she caught the anger in his eyes.Jinri didn't understand why would he be mad as she assumed that it was his fault, and he should be feeling guilty.Warily, she took a step closer to him and sat at the edge of the chair, ready to dash towards the door in case he decided to strangle her to death.

"Is it true that you purposely left your lunch on her table yesterday just so that it would stink and she wouldn't be able to study in comfort today?" The teacher started interrogating.

"No." He answered calmly.Jinri shot a look towards him.Maybe the teacher was fooled but not her, she thought.

"He is the only person that would do that to me." Jinri stated as if she was in a debate competition.

"I don't know why you are being delusional by accusing that I did it, but I didn't!" He retorted and Jinri scoffed at it.

"I'm delusional, you say?It's not my fault that you're mad at the fact of a nerd writing poems about you!" Jinri raised her voice a bit, sensing the rising tension in the atmosphere.

"Kids, calm-" The teacher tried to shut the both of them but her words found no authority against them as they continued glaring at each other.

"But still, I didn't do what you said I did.You better take back your words, nerd!" The last word that came out of Taemin's mouth got her.The noun that shouldn't come out of an insult but she just could not take it.She hated being called a nerd.

Without even knowing it, her hand grabbed the nearest thing to her, which happened to be the teacher's favorite ornament that was gifted by her late husband, and threw it to Taemin. Taemin's quick reflexes helped him in avoiding the sudden attack but not the poor ornament that was now crushed to the floor.It turned silent in the room and Jinri stared wide-eyed at what she did just now.The teacher shakingly got up from her desk and approached the broken ornament with tears in her eyes.

"Teacher, I'm sorry." Jinri apologetically said.But the teacher that was known to be soft-hearted and lovable was replaced by a totally different person.She looked up to Jinri with rage in her teary eyes.

"GET THE HELL OUT OF MY OFFICE! AND YOU'RE GOING TO DETENTION!" She yelled at Jinri.Jinrri's breathes became hitched as she slowly backe away from the room after bowing to the teacher.

"I'll be going too." Taemin permitted himself and found out later that he should just silently  sneak out of the room.It wasn't the time to act polite.

"You too Lee Taemin." The teacher said in a strict voice.