I'm not sure

Do You Like Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  

Today was the day everyone returns to school after winter break. Chanhee was dreading to get to school. Many would ask, “Are we talking about the same Chanhee?” Chanhee was the top student in the class, why would he not want to go to school? There is only one answer to that. Him. Byunghun. Lee Byunghun. Not the actor, but the rebel of the class. After bumping into him at the convenience store over break, he could not get Byunghun out of his mind and he cannot figure out why.

 

As Chanhee was on the bus, he was trying to piece together this puzzle but was having a hard time.

*Why can't I stop thinking about him? I don’t even know him that well. We are two completely different people.*

Ah, yes. Chanhee was the smartest in the class and was also a part of the theatre club. There is nothing Chanhee loves more than musicals. On the other hand, Byunghun was one of the lowest ranked students in the class and part of a dance group. Chanhee has a hard time fitting in besides with the rest of the club members. While Byunghun is part of the popular crowd.

 

The jerk of the bus coming to a stop snapped Chanhee out of his thoughts and got off the bus to make his way to school. The day went on normal for him. Until he got some news from the theatre director at practice.

 

“Alright, gather around everybody! I have some important news to tell you.”

Once everyone came forward to the director, she continued.

“As you all know, we will be giving a snippet of the spring musical at the talent show in a few weeks. So, today the talent show contestants have rehearsal as well. To make things easier we will just share the theatre and time. That is all!”

Right after the director finished talking, everyone went into their places to practice and set up the stage.

*Why out of all days they have to practice today? It makes no sense, the talent show is in like 2 weeks.*

 

Just in time, the contestants made their way into the auditorium and Chanhee could care less. Until, off in the distance he spotted a familiar face. Out of shock, Chanhee began to whisper outloud, “Oh no… you have got to be kidding me. Why is he here?”

“He” as in Byunghun. There he was along with the rest of his dance crew.

*Of course he is here, Chanhee. They compete every year*

 

“Okay, places everyone!”

Chanhee tried everything he can to avoid eye contact but for some odd reason there seemed to be a bright light following Byunghun making it harder for Chanhee to stay focused.

“Aaand action!”

*You can do this. Don't embarrass yourself.*

The lights dimmed in the audience and the spotlight was on the stage. Chanhee is the main lead so he came up to the center stage and began singing smoothly and dancing around the stage along with the other actors. Until, his eyes found Byunghun’s. Immediately after that, he lost

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter