part 3

Lonely No More

part 3
 
sometimes, she thinks she’s lonely. actually, all the time. but she wasn’t allowed to say it out loud.
 
why would she be lonely, anyway? sure, her family’s broken – her mom and dad went through a divorce and since then, she’s been living alone. and she did have a few friends from college, but ever since she started attending night classes because of a lack in funds, she hasn’t seen or talked to them a lot anymore.
 
but she did have a boyfriend. a boyfriend who really cherished her, really loved her, really wanted her and really needed her.
 
at least, that was what she had thought when they first started dating. how could she not have thought that way, when he was the one who bought a whole bouquet of roses and even presented her a poem for confession?
 
but unfortunately, when they started out as a couple, she had made the decision to forgo day classes and head out for night classes, working in the day to fund her studies… all because she was unwilling to seek her parents’ help with money.
 
he didn’t welcome the idea, citing the reason that they would be separated. he offered paying for her first, but she couldn’t accept it, and neither was he able to afford that much. then he offered to attend night classes with her, but he was a freshman – and she, a second-year – so it wasn’t allowed.
 
three weeks before she started her work-in-day-study-in-night strategy, he showed up at her doorstep, with all his luggage. he announced that he’d move in to be with her, since she was about to spend a lot of time away from him. she just couldn’t say no.
 
but it was this decrease in proximity between the two that had brought out how distant they were bound to become. they spent lesser time together.
 
three weeks later, she started on her plan. but she knew she was only bound to feel lonelier and lonelier, and lonely all over again.
 
when she used her boyfriend as a reason to reject the date, she was truly considering her boyfriend in her heart. she was truly considering his feelings and how she didn’t want to hurt them.
 
but why had she even bothered, when her boyfriend was the one failing to consider her feelings in the first place?
 
and beneath everything, while she wasn’t going to reveal it, she did want to go on the saturday date as well.
 
and she wasn’t going to reveal that, beneath everything again, she slowly felt her loneliness vanishing.