Chapter 11

A Blessing In Disguise
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Disclaimer- I do not own Boys Over Flowers or any of its characters! All rights belong to their respective owners! I’m only a fan that didn’t quite get the ending I wanted so I decided to write my own version of it :D 

It's been nearly a year since my last update and I am incredibly sorry for that. I actually wrote this chapter long time ago, but always hesitated posting it.

Now that’s said: Have fun reading and please leave a comment! (I’d be very thankful!)

 

Annoyed that he got interrupted while playing the violin, Ji-Hoo went to open the front door of his house…and wanting to slam it in the face of the person standing before him. “What are you doing here?”, Ji-Hoo demanded to know, blocking the passage so that he could not enter.

“What? Not even a hello? I’m hurt my friend…”, Gu Jun-Pyo mocked, pushing his hands into the pockets of his coat so that his friend, now probably his former friend, couldn’t see his fisted hands.

“The one who’s hurt is neither me nor you, but Jan-Di. Or have you already forgotten about her?”, Ji-Hoo hissed at Jun-Pyo, resisting once again the urge to slam that front door shut. He wouldn’t start acting so childishly around Gu Jun-Pyo.

“Oh and you’re her knight in shining armor or what?”

“Well at least I don’t go around cheating on my fiancé”, Ji-Hoo pointed out to his former friend and smiled sweetly at him. At that moment Ji-Hoo really was glad that Jan-Di had gone to work at his grandfather’s clinic for the day, he wouldn’t want her to witness such a scene.

Gu Jun-Pyo hated to admit it, but his friend was right – he always was. Jun-Pyo let his head fall in shame in front of Ji-Hoo, his friend and rival. “Will you let me in or not?”, he demanded silently after a while, not standing to be judged by Yoon Ji-Hoo – the golden boy, that goody two shoes that only ever wears white, as if he wanted to demonstrate to the world what an angelic guy he was.

“I’m honestly still thinking about slamming that door into your face and repeat the action over and over again – unfortunately that would probably destroy my front door and I kind of like it”, Ji-Hoo informed him and shortly glanced at his watch. Jan-Di and his grandfather would probably be back in one to two hours. “Alright, come in”, Ji-Hoo finally said and opened the door wider to let Jun-Pyo enter.

It was then that Jun-Pyo noticed for the first time his friend walking on crutches and that he was sporting a cast on his left leg AND that the guy wasn’t wearing anything white or formal. In fact Ji-Hoo was wearing simple, black sweatpants and a grey t-shirt. Jun-Pyo couldn’t help but to openly stare at his friend’s attire.

“What?”, Ji-Hoo demanded with irritation after closing the door.

Gu Jun-Pyo quickly cleared his throat and shook his head. “Nothing at all. How’s your leg?”

“Because now you’re interested in how I am? Gu Jun-Pyo, lying doesn’t suit you too much. Get straight to your point, will you? I have other things to do”, Ji-Hoo warned him with little patience and moved to the living room to sit on the couch. While his leg was doing much better, he still didn’t feel comfortable in standing for long periods of time.

“I came to apologize to you. I should’ve come directly after hearing of your accident or I should’ve at least called or texted you in the days which followed”, Jun-Pyo admitted, this is as far as he would go with his apology. After all he was the person that got dumped at the airport so that his fiancé could run off to his best friend.

“Yes, you should’ve, but you didn’t. What else?”

“How’s Jan-Di?”, Gu Jun-Pyo dared to ask. He hadn’t contacted her yet, in fear that she would reject his call and not answer his texts. He also hadn’t gone back to the apartment he shared with her, once he had come back from Boston he had gone straight to his mother’s house.

“Better”, Ji-Hoo answered honestly looking into his friend’s eyes. “She was hurt, very much in fact. Even more so that you didn’t have the decency to inform her before it appeared on national television. Oh and of course that you got engaged to a another woman so soon after dissolving your engagement to her”

“Well you didn’t get dumped so that your fiancé could run off to be next to your own best friend, now did you?”, Jun-Pyo snapped at Ji-Hoo, letting his anger come to the surface.

“Well, I wasn’t the one that prohibited my fiancé to see her friends, which include my best friend, now did I?”, Ji-Hoo shot right back not backing down this time. He was done with Gu Jun-Pyo’s insolent behavior. He was done with being treated like a rug, like his feelings weren’t worth anything at all. This wasn’t just about Jan-Di,

Please log in to read the full chapter