referee toss;

손이가 {take my hand}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Perhaps it was wrong of me to come here.

I thought the same thought over and over again as I sat in the waiting room. Yet, I have no intention of leaving. I had to keep reminding myself that it will all be alright, and that I am not going to see him.

Hopefully, I won’t.

I sat cross-legged on the couch and fervently bit my nails as I watched the television set above my head. The volume was played on low, but I could hear everything really loud outside my door. I kept watching the whole show unfold as I waited and I waited.

“Thank you!”

I jolted up from my slouchy position and immediately stood up. I dusted my fingernails off my jeans and waited, my sweaty hands clasped together and a big, merry smile plastered on my face. I was genuinely excited.

A girl opened the door and stood still upon seeing me. Hands on the doorknob, her eyes widened and hung open. I chuckled looking at that as I ran over and threw my arms around the girl.

“I miss you so much,” I cried, as the girl threw her arms around me as well. We were tightly in each other’s embrace in front of the room, earning looks from the staff and other idols walking by. I felt her tears just drop on my bare shoulders as I pulled her closer.

“Where have you been? I seriously thought the Earth was flat and you fell off,” another voice chimed in. I felt another skinny pair of arms encircling the two of us.

We stayed huddled by the doorway for a while before I broke the hug.

“You guys are so pretty now,” I uttered, wiping my tears away. I see most of the other girls do the same as all 10 of us walked into the room and took a seat by the couch and the makeup table.

“We all debuted. Yoojung, I finally debuted,” Jihyo voiced out as she sniffed and wiped the tears that kept leaking out. I simply threw her a smile as I placed my arms on the small of her back and rubbed it.

All 10 of us sat in silence, some staring blankly at each other, and some deep in thought.

We all know – the things they’ve abandoned for this debut, and all the people they had to leave behind for this dream they have dreamed about for so long. I smiled.

Now they are TWICE – with or without me and the other trainees, they’ll always be TWICE.

“Why so gloomy? Let’s party a little bit!” I merrily cried, running over to the corner of the room and taking out a handful of plastic bags of fried chicken buckets. I see some of their faces brighten up, followed by a few groans and sighs.

“Sana, Jungyeon, are you on a diet? So skinny and you’re on a diet?” I joked, shoving one bucket in front of the two sulking girls. They all just laughed and joked about as I handed out buckets of fried chicken to not just the TWICE girls, but also the staff membe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter