Confessions

The Rectangle Smile

Jungkook's POV

I have to tell him how I feel, I dont care if he doesnt feel the same back, but I need to tell him. I woke up early this morning because I couldnt get Tae off of my mind. I got ready for school but still have a long time until school starts. Tae still hasnt messaged me so we havent talked since that night. He probably hates me but I dont care. As long as I tell him my feelings, I will finally feel relieved. I need to tell him that I love him. I love everything about him. His eyes, his smile, his personality, even what he wears is amazing! He is just perfect. I never thought I would like boys, but Tae has changed my mind. 

I go down the stairs and eat my breakfast quickly and start heading to school. Taehyung is in all of my lessons today, so I will have many chances to talk to him, IF he wants to that is... As I walk out of the house I see Tae walking up the street so I run up to him. I am nervous, but I should tell him now and get it over an done with. 

"Hey, Tae, how are you?" Once I finished my sentence, Tae turned around and looked at me in shock.

"Whats wrong?" Tae didnt speak, but he had a confused expression on his face. I was wondering what was going through his head, but I had to make conversation. Tae turned around and started walking again.

"H-hey Tae! Wait for me!" Once I caught up, I started having a one way conversation with me. I thought he would be angry at me, but not angry enough to not talk to me.
"Uhm, so I wanted to tell you something important." I looked down whilst walking, and Tae eventually put his head up and looked at me. Although it wasnt his usual jolly expression, it still made me happy.

"I..Uhm, I...Im 18!" Why didnt I say it?! Im so stupid! That was my chance to say it! I just couldnt bring it up and all. I was no where near. I didnt think I would be THAT anxious about telling him. When I looked at Tae, he had a small smirk on his face.

"So, call me Tae-hyung then." He spoke! He actually spoke! I was so excited that I put on a large smile for the rest of the journey to school. However, that was the last time we spoke for the rest of the walk, which made it really awkward. 

V's POV

I woke up really early thinking about Jungkook. I only had a few hours of sleep so I was really tired. I got dressed and ready for school, and headed out. I thought that today, I will definately see Jungkook, so I could tell him how I feel, but I doubt he would want to talk to me. I was really nervous on how I was going to tell him because he might not even want to listen to me, but I have to tell him. I leave my house and start walking to school, hoping that Jungkook is already there.I was in shock when I heared someone say my name. I knew excatly whose voice it was too.It was Jungkooks. I turned around in shock when he asked me if something was wrong. I didnt know what to say, I wasnt expecting him to talk to me! I thought he was mad and disappointed in me, but I must of thought wrong. However, at that moment I didnt have the courage to tell him, so I panicked and carried on walking to school. Jungkook, carried on following me when he finally said something.

"Im 18!" Did he just tell me his age? It seems like before he tried to avoid the question. Is he trying to open up to me? I was so happy that he was talking to me that I couldnt help but let out a little smile that was more like a smirk. I never knew he was younger than me, though. I knew he was near my age, because he is in my classes though. I told him he should call me Tae-hyung from now on and then we walked the rest of the way to school in silence. 

Jungkook's POV

The final school bell rang and everyone packed up their bags and headed home. Now that Tae-hyung spoke to me, I felt happy and more confident in telling him how I feel about him. I waited for him to put all his books away and then we started walking home. I was still a little scared, and it was still awkward, but I dont care if he has killed someone or not, it was for a good reason, right? Anyway, that wont change how I feel, so I am going to tell him now.

"Hey, Tae-hyung? Do you mind if we go to the park? I want to tell you something." Whilst we are walking there I can get my confidence to tell him. But, he may not agree to go there.

"Sure, I think I am free, so why not?" Ok, that is sort of the response I was looking for but that doesnt matter. I am finally going to tell him! Although he doesnt like me at the moment, this probably wont help, but I want to get this off my chest. I wonder what his reaction will be?

Once we reach the park, I ask him to sit on the first bench we come across. We dont speak for a while, and when Tae-hyung slumps his head down, he lets out a little sigh. Oh, thats right. This is the bench that we sat on that night...

"Oh, I am sorry. Do you want to sit on a different bench?" I didnt want him to feel awkward around me, especially with what I am about to tell him. He shakes his head which means he must be okay with it. I sigh and then we just sit in silence for about half an hour. Once I gained enough confidence, I sat up on the bench and turned to face Tae-hyung who was already looking at me. He made me blush but I took a deep breathe and began to speak.

"Tae-hyung, I have thought about this for a long time now and I just couldnt bare to hold it in any longer." I look to see his expression, but it was blank. I look in his eyes and see that all the anger has gone, so all what was left was pain and sadness. It made me sad, but I kept my posture and carried on speaking.

"Tae-hyung, I...I love you."

V's POV 

When the school bell rang and I was putting my books away, I could see that Jungkook was standing there, waiting for me. Maybe on the way home I could tell him how I feel? I think this could be a good chance for me to do so. We both left the school and started heading home when he asked if I would go to the park with him.

"Sure, why not?" I was really happy when he said that because now I have to perfect opportunity to tell him, but I kept a pokerface and acted is if I didnt care that much for it. I couldnt wait to talk to him. I had been so long since we had a proper conversation and I was getting excited. 

When we reached the park, we sat on the first bench we came across. Unfortunately, sitting on this certain bench brought back bad memories and I gave out a little sigh. 

"Oh, sorry. Do you want to sit on a different bench?" He asked me with a concerned and worried look on his face, but I kept my head down and just shook my head. I could feel all these different emotions in my heart and it made me feel weird. We sit there in an awkward silence for such a long time until Jungkook broke it. He said that he needed to tell me right away which made me curious on what he was going to say. I look up at him as he was staring at the trees in front of us and then he looked me straight in the eyes. This is the second time I have looked into his eyes and they were even more amazing as they were when I first saw them. It made me love him even more. However, when he looked at me he went bright red.

"Tae-hyung, I...I love you."

I was dumbfounded and extremely happy at his sentence. It made me so happy that I couldnt hold back my smile anymore. I wasnt expecting this at all and yet I had never been happier in my life. I knew that now what be the perfect time to tell him, so I also took a deep breathe and spoke with my popular rectangle smile. 

"My feelings are mutual Jungkook, I love you too."