First Meeting

The Rectangle Smile

V's POV

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. I slam the alarm with my hand and turn over to go back to sleep. We just moved so I spent all night unpacking and didnt get much sleep. If I could just fall asleep again...

"Tae! You need to get up! Its your first day of school, remember?" My eyes widened. Oh no! I forgot about that! I jumped out of my bed and pushed my mum out of the bedroom so I could get dressed. I wonder if the people at my new school will be nice or not? Well, there is only one way to find out! I quickly get into my new uniform. It is a black and white polo shirt with a black and white tie and over that is a yellow and black blazer. Once I finish getting ready, I make my way down the stairs whilst dodging all the boxes and head to the kitchen for my breakfast. My mum was busy so she had left some waffles and cream on the table for me. I was so nervous that I couldnt really eat, so I grabbed an apple and headed out. 

Jungkook's POV

Great, another boring day at school. I am not the type that makes a lot of friends, so I usually end up being alone at school anyway. To me, there is no point in going to school because all I want to do when I am older is become a singer. But, I cant not go because of my strict dad so, I have never missed a day of school. Once I finish doing my daily morning routine, I leave and start to head to school. When I go outside, I see a moving truck and a boy with brown hair in my uniform. 'If I walk fast enough, I might be able to pass him without talking to him' I thought, but as I put my hood up, someone stands in my way.

"Uhm, excuse me, but you're in my way." I look up to find the boy standing there bowing at me.

"Uhh, uhm, hi, I am new here and I noticed that you are wearing my uniform, so would you mind if I walked to school with you? I am not used to this neighbourhood yet." His voice was calming and soft, and made me feel warm inside. I put my hood down so I could see him properly.

"Sorry bu-" I was interrupted by a very childish voice.

"Please?!" He pleaded, whilst pouting and adding in puppy dog eyes which made him hard to resist.

"Fine, ok, follow me then." I couldnt say no, not after his puppy dogs eyes, he looked so...cute. Huh?! What am I saying?!

"Yay! Thank you so much!" He bows yet again to me. "By the way, my name is Taehyung, but you can call me V" He gives me a rectangle smile and I give him a shy smile back.

" Yeah, my name is Jungkook." Once I say that I put my hood back up, and start walking fast so I am not late to school.

V's POV

As I walk out my house, a boy with jet black hair catches my eye. It looks like he is wearing the same uniform as me! If I ask nicely maybe he will let me walk to school with him, but it seems that the boy is speed walking so I quickly run in front of him and bow.  He starts saying something but I cant hear what he is saying so I start speaking. 

After begging, the boy finally gives in and he says his name is Jungkook. What a nice name! Maybe I will be able to make friends with him, although he doesnt seemed that interested. We start walking and I think of a way to start a conversation with Jungkook. Oh! 

"Uhm, if you dont mind me asking, but how old are you?" 

I ask but he doesnt reply, so I leave it and we walk to school in silence.