Bliss

Until Forever (Daragon One-Shot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s Note: I don’t own anything.

 

The Dragon King and The Master Ninja

Mino wrapped his hand tighter around his father's fingers and enthusiastically tugged him down the hallway. When Jiyong didn't follow fast enough to suit him, he glanced up with a frustrated huff and pulled harder. His smile returned just as quickly as soon as his father obediently lengthened his stride.

Jiyong looked up curiously as Mino took a turn into the living room, and automatically smiled at finding Dara waiting on the couch. He raised his brows in question and tilted his head down to Mino in silent indication, but Dara only shrugged in equal confusion.

Oblivious to their byplay, Mino kept pulling his father determinedly to the couch and pushed on his knees to make him sit next to Dara. She quickly hid her smile behind her hand at Mino's serious expression and absently leaned forward as Jiyong followed the direction, habitually wrapping his arm around her waist. Sighing in contentment at not only the warmth of his body but how easily he fit her against his side, she held out her hands to Mino.

The direct approach still worked best in trying to figure out if their son was putting out an elaborate demand for affection. Yet, instead of his usual dash into his favorite spot at her invitation, Mino shook his head and patted his mother's hands. "You sit here with Appa."

Jiyong squeezed her hip and struggled not to laugh at Mino's stern instruction, pressing his face against her hair to conceal his smile. Dara didn't bother looking back at him as she straightened her spine and pointedly folded her hands in her lap. She stared down her son and arched one eyebrow, waiting for him to crack in the face of her disapproval.

Mino hunched slightly, fidgeting and folded his hands behind his back anxiously before he amended, "Please?"

Dara smiled and leaned down to brush Mino's bangs away from his face and press a kiss to his forehead. She gave him one more pat on the head to assure him all was forgiven before she relaxed against Jiyong's chest.

With a delighted grin at having regained his mother's approval, Mino hurried over to the table and picked up the sketchbook TOP had given him for his birthday. Bracing one corner on the table, he maneuvered the book carefully to hold it just right and proudly squared his shoulders.

Mino pulled open the book and turned the pages until he found the first picture he wanted them to see. After adjusting his grip to keep any of the other pages from blocking his art, he cleared his throat, turned up his nose, and pointed to the picture. "This is the story of 'The Dragon King and The Master Ninja.'"

Dara bit down hard on her lip, but still couldn't keep the smile off her face at the dragon, carefully drawn in scarlet pencil, looming over a pink ninja with black eyes. Jiyong's embrace tightened with his own rising amusement until she felt him shaking behind her with the effort to keep his laughter contained.

Mino puffed up his chest even more proudly at their rapt attention and turned to the next page. This time showing off the dragon sitting up on its hind legs and surrounded by clouds that looked an awful lot like the ones on his favorite scroll paintings in Jiyong's office.

Pointing at the new picture, he started his story, "Once there was a very old and powerful king of the dragons."

Dara's hand moved to Jiyong's thigh, digging her nails into the muscle in silent taunt as Mino turned the page again.

Jiyong grinned widely at the drawing of the ninja and reached up to tug on the end of Dara's ponytail to about the obvious source of inspiration. He dipped his head to nuzzle behind her ear affectionately, only to be brought up short when Mino loudly cleared his throat again.

"Appa, I'm telling the story!" Mino complained.

Jiyong quickly straightened and held up both hands contritely at the two accusing stares turned his direction. Reaching up to rub the back of his neck, he nodded toward the sketchbook to redirect his son's focus. "I'm sorry, Mino, you're right. Is this the Master Ninja?"

Mino's annoyance switched right back to a proud grin at the correct "guess," and he nodded enthusiastically. "This is the beautiful and sneaky Master Ninja!"

Jiyong looped his arm around Dara's waist again, but kept his most interested expression fixed on Mino when his son gave him a suspicious look. Satisfied he had his father's full attention, he turned the page to show them the next set of pictures.

Dara had to lift her hand to cover , her eyes dancing with suppressed laughter at the almost comic-style paneling of more simple sketches. The first section had the dragon peering at the ninja over what looked suspiciously like their couch. While the next panel switched to a "close-up" of the ground in front of the ninja to show off a pit covered with a blanket. And finally, the ninja safely away from the trap, sticking out her tongue at the unhappy dragon.

Mino pointed to each in turn as he continued to tell his story, "When the Dragon King saw the Master Ninja, he fell in love and tried to catch her. But the Master Ninja was too sneaky and escaped."

Mino turned to page to the dragon wearing Jiyong's favorite apron and holding a plate of cookies. "So the Dragon King made cookies."

Jiyong nearly choked, holding it in through sheer will alone so as not to disturb Mino's narration a second time. He brought his hand down to cover Dara's on his thigh and laced his fingers through hers as he tucked her closer against his side. He bit down on the side of his tongue, struggling even more to hold in his laughter while trying to help Dara do the same.

The next page showed the ninja at the plate of cookies, completely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter