Stop thinking

Sweet & Sour

 

"You are doing it again."

Sungyeol blinks. "What?" It takes his gaze a few seconds to focus, and Sunggyu knows he was right. "What are you talking about?"

"This." Sunggyu pokes Sungyeol's forehead lightly. "I know that face. You're mulling over something." He sighs. "What is it this time? Did something happen?"

Sungyeol looks at him, but Sunggyu knows he isn't actually looking–he can almost hear the clogs turning inside Sungyeol's mind, debating whether to tell him or not. Sunggyu feels the frustration build up inside him. He wants to shake Sungyeol, to tell him to stop thinking and freaking talk to him already, when the younger finally speaks.

"No."

"No?"

"I mean, no, nothing happened. I'm fine, really."

"You don't look fine."

Sungyeol shrugs. "I'm just tired, I guess."

"Bull," Sunggyu scoffs. "Just spill it out already, Sungyeol."

Sungyeol glares at him. "Why are you giving me a hard time now?"

"I'm not. I just want you to talk to me–"

"Didn't it cross your mind that maybe I don't want to talk about it?" Sungyeol snaps. "Oh, whatever."

He gets up and makes to walk away, but Sunggyu follows him. He grabs Sungyeol's arm and turns him around, smashing their lips together before the younger can protest.

Sungyeol makes a feeble attempt to push him away, but all the fight goes out of him as Sunggyu presses insistent kisses against his lips, covering the hands that Sungyeol is pressing against his chest with his. Soon he's kissing Sunggyu back, lips parting eagerly, balling his fists into Sunggyu's shirt as he melts against him.

Sunggyu gives Sungyeol one last peck before pulling away. "Sorry," he says quickly, because he knows that if he hesitates his pride will get in the way and he won't be able to say it. "You know I'm not… good at this–" meaning relationships and love and comforting and Sungyeol, of course. He's never been good with him. "Don't be too mad at me, OK?"

Sungyeol looks at him for a long moment. "It's alright," he sighs, resting his head in the crook of Sunggyu's neck. "I'm not mad."

Sunggyu's hand immediately comes up to his hair, the other wrapped securely around his waist. He kisses the spot just under Sungyeol's jaw–has to stop himself from kissing him more, everywhere. Not now.

"So you're not going to tell me what happened?"

Sungyeol doesn't say anything. For a moment Sunggyu is worried that he will get upset and try to leave again, but then the younger just sighs.

"It's not like anything happened–I mean, nothing major, really–it's just that… "

He doesn't continue, but he doesn't have to. Sunggyu thinks he knows what he means. He's seen the way their hectic schedules have been taking their toll on Sungyeol lately–their comeback promotions, the preparations for the world tour, his drama filming. He hasn't missed the way Sungyeol looks so damn tired all the time, face pale, dark circles under his eyes, his body getting even thinner and weaker from lacks of sleep and eating–and now his back pain, too. He's noticed, and he's worried sick. He wishes he could do something–anything–to make Sungyeol feel better; he wishes he could wrap him up in a blanket and protect him from the harsh world that's always demanding more from him, ceaselessly.

But of course, he can't do that. Sungyeol for one wouldn't let him. He's no damsel in distress; he doesn't want to be protected. And so Sunggyu does the only thing he can, the only thing he knows how to do.

He cups Sungyeol's cheek and kisses him.

"Alright. We don't have to talk about it. But at least let me help you get your mind off it."

Sungyeol smiles into their kiss, and Sunggyu knows that for now, at least, Sungyeol isn't thinking about anything but him.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Because Sunggyu taking care of Sungyeol (in his own awkward way, of course) is the cutest thing ♡