3/3

And We Couldn't Wait to Grow Up

 

a/n: Despite my tendency to procrastinate, I managed to finish this fic by this year! That's quite an achievement. Please congratulate me ;;


One thing Yoongi learned about Jungkook when the younger was drunk was that Jungkook would initiate a hella lot of skinship. Yoongi wasn’t sure if he likes it or not. The moment they got into the taxi, Jungkook instantly clung to his arm. Yoongi was startled at first, thinking Jungkook was about to re-enact all those ‘intimate’ scenes back in the club but Jungkook just placed his head on Yoongi’s shoulder. He shifted beside Yoongi from time to time as if he was trying to get comfortable.

“Hyung,” The younger whined.

“What now?” Yoongi sighed for what seemed like a countless time tonight.

“Hyung~” Jungkook dragged the word longer this time.

Yoongi groaned loudly. “What is it, Jeon Jungkook?!” Jungkook remained quiet. He thought he had hurt the younger with his harsh tone, so he opted to apologize but Jungkook cut him off.

“Yoongi hyung~”

Letting out a deep breath, Yoongi tried to calm himself. “Yes, Jungkook. I am listening.” He said as gently as he could and bit his lip to suppress his frustration at the drunken boy.

“Yoongi-ah~” said the drunken boy playfully. He then snuggled closer and buried his nose into Yoongi’s chest before giggling to himself. Yoongi brought a hand to cover his face as he prayed for whatever mighty power existed to provide him the strength, the tolerance and definitely the patience to go through the night.

***

An hour and 20 minutes ride in the taxi came to an end as they reached their dorm. Yoongi paid the driver before attempting to wake the younger up with much struggle. Jungkook whined and pushed Yoongi’s hands away when the older tried to shake him. Yoongi grew frustrated as the minutes passed and it seemed like he wasn’t the only one getting frustrated because the taxi driver had started to tap his fingers on the steering wheel grumpily.

As his patience was wearing thin, Yoongi grabbed the younger’s arm before pulling him out of the taxi harshly. Jungkook, who was startled by the sudden harsh treatment, stumbled to regain his balance. The cold air that hit Jungkook as soon as he stepped out of the comfort of the taxi (or rather Yoongi’s embrace) seemed to bring him back to his senses. He blinked at Yoongi in confusion. Yoongi had his typical blank face on and he looked so done at this point. Oh no, grumpy Yoongi isn’t a good sign.

Yoongi then let go of Jungkook’s arm before stuffing his hands in his jeans’ pockets. He turned around and started making his way to the dorm; leaving Jungkook who was utterly drunk and dumbfounded. Had Jungkook been sober, he would have got on his feet and trailed behind his hyung but Jungkook was drunk. So, he yelled after Yoongi and when Yoongi turned around to look at him, he opened his arms.

“Carry me,” he said.

Yoongi scoffed, “Carry yourself.” He turned around to walk again.

If Jungkook was sober, he would’ve listened to Yoongi and just walk (in drunken state that he was) to the dorm but boy, Jungkook was so, so, so drunk.

“Hyung!” He wailed. It was too loud considering it was in the middle of the night and it alarmed Yoongi. Jungkook stomped on his feet before flopping down on the pavement. Yoongi widen his eyes in shocked. What the actual ?!! As if it wasn’t embarrassing enough, Jungkook continued to wail. “Hyung, carry me! I can’t walk! Hyung! Hyung! Hyung, you must-”

Yoongi paled and he hoped they wouldn’t wake the neighbours up as he rushed to Jungkook. “What the hell, Jungkook! Shut the up! It’s 2 in the morning for ’s sake!” He said harsly; minding to keep his voice down.

“- carry me! I won’t stop until you carry me, hyung! Hyung, are you lis-”

“, okay, okay! I’ll carry you, now shut the up!”

Jungkook instantly shut his mouth and raised his hands. “Carry me.”

Yoongi groaned before lowering himself. “Get on my back, you satan.” If Jungkook had heard what Yoongi said, he didn’t say anything to acknowledge it. Yoongi struggled for almost 5 minutes to stand with Jungkook on his back, tripped twice and almost fell face first five times before they made it to the lift. “Thank god there’s a lift or else I’ll be dumping you beside the stairs.” He grumbled but all he got was Jungkook’s soft snore.

This wasn’t part of the plan. Yoongi was just supposed to bring Jungkook to an upscale club, buy him a drink and when he decided he had enough of Jungkook’s incoherent rambling and the deafening loud EDM music, they would leave. That was all. That was the plan. This, carrying Jungkook’s drunken across the corridor of their dorm, was not part of the plan. Definitely not.

But Yoongi guessed nothing went according to plan when it came to Jungkook.

They entered the dorm with less difficulty as there was no need for keys but just a swipe of a card and a password typed in. Yoongi tried to wake Jungkook up and make him stand but Jungkook wasn’t making it easy for him. The maknae kept on whining and trying to latch himself onto Yoongi again. Yoongi rubbed his as forehead; sensing a headache coming from dealing with a drunken Jungkook. He was just about to tell Jungkook to tone it down but the lights were already flickered to life and he had a feeling they were screwed whoever it was.

“Yoongi?” Yoongi cursed under his breath. It was Seokjin. He turned around to face the older. At that instance, Jungkook wrapped his arms around Yoongi’s waist and rested his chin on Yoongi’s shoulder. The maknae closed his eyes before hummed in content. Oh, they’re so screwed.

“Yeah?” He answered casually. Seokjin eyed him suspiciously and Yoongi tried not to gulp the lump in his throat as Seokjin inched forward.

“Where were you guys? It’s really late and why is Jungkook…” Seokjin trailed off when he got closer to them and sniffed the air. His eyes widen in realization and snapped his head to look at Yoongi accusingly. “Is Jungkook- is Jungkookie drunk?!”

Jungkook scrunched his eyes at the noise and whine.

Yoongi sighed. He really didn’t need this. Drunken Jungkook and Angry Seokjin were too much for Yoongi to deal with in 2 o’clock in the morning. “Wait, hyung, I can explain but let’s do that later. In fact, let’s do that tomorrow morning. For now, let me just put Jungkook to bed.”

“I thought I made it clear no drinking today?!” Seokjin ignored Yoongi words.

“Hyung, please, I’m really tired.”

It was silent save for Jungkook’s constant whines and whimpers.

“I demand an explanation tomorrow morning.” Seokjin said begrudgingly.

“Alright, thanks.” Yoongi sighed before tossing their shoes aside and dragging the maknae to his room with Seokjin close behind.

“Do you need help?”

“Nah, it’s okay. You go to sleep, Jin. I’ll deal with Kookie.”

“Okay then.”

When he was done with changing Jungkook’s cloth into his sleepwear with much difficulty, he tried to put the younger to bed; ‘tried’ being the keyword. Jungkook refused to let Yoongi go and insisted the older to sleep with him, tugging on Yoongi’s sleeve and Yoongi cursed because even when drunk, the maknae was still so strong. Yoongi prayed to every deity existed to give him all the patience in the world to deal with Jeon Jungkook.

“Hyung~!” the younger whines loudly. Yoongi looked at the other bed in the room. He was amused with Namjoon who didn’t seem to be bothered with all the noise going on around him. His train of thought was interrupted when he was harshly tugged down. He planted both of his hands on the bed (conveniently on both sides of Jungkook’s head) to prevent himself from falling into the bed.

“The hell Jungkook?!” He grunted. Jungkook’s face was just a few inches away from him and even in the dark, Yoongi could see the frown on the maknae’s face, mouth pouting, clearly displeased. Yoongi thought it was ridiculous. Yup, ridiculous and definitely not ridiculously cute.

“Hyung, you need to sleep with me! The bed is cold. You are warm. So, sleep with me!” Jungkook demanded. Yoongi sighed and gave into the younger’s request because he was tired. It definitely wasn’t because the idea of sleeping with Jungkook was so damn inviting, nope.

“Okay, but let me change into something more comfortable.” Jungkook nodded eagerly at him and looked at him expectantly. They stared at each other for what felt like ages before Yoongi spoke again. “Umm, your hands, Kookie. Let hyung go.”

Jungkook looked at him confusedly before turning his head down to look at his own fingers gripping Yoongi’s sleeve tightly. His frown deepened as if he didn’t understand what was so wrong about him holding Yoongi until it clicked in his mind that Yoongi probably needed to move. He quickly let go of the sleeve before giggling to himself. Yoongi then walked to leave the room.

“Hyung!” Jungkook called, making Yoongi slightly jumped. “You must come back! Or I’ll– o-or I’ll cry!” He threatened. Yoongi scoffed and rolled his eyes at Jungkook’s antics. Drunken Jungkook was surely amusing.

“Okay,” he assured before shaking his head and walking to his room. He quietly put on his sleepwear and made his way to the kitchen, getting a glass of water for Jungkook. Yoongi walked to Jungkook and Namjoon’s shared room, quietly twisting the knob and pushing the door open. He was greeted with the sight of Jungkook leaning against the headboard, trying hard not to sleep.

“Hey, here, drink this.” Jungkook blinked a few times, looking back and forth between the glass and Yoongi. When his mind finally registered what Yoongi said, he took the glass and sipped the water quietly. Yoongi took the glass from him when he was done and probably about to place the glass in the sink but he was having none of that. He hugged the older man around the waist before the man could move away.

“Oh my ing god, Jeon Jungkook. What now?” Yoongi said exasperatedly. Yoongi swore he would go bald if this were to continue. Yoongi rubbed his forehead to withhold the impending headache.

“No, hyung sleep. Glass– nightstand.” He mumbled into Yoongi’s shirt. He could no longer come out with proper sentence as sleep had begun to slowly consume him. Yoongi was about to protest but Jungkook beat him to it. “Please?” He tilted his head up and gave the older his best puppy eyes. And far gone Yoongi was.

Yoongi sighed and placed the glass on the nightstand before slipping into the bed with him. Jungkook wasted no time to curl up against Yoongi, hands wrapped around Yoongi’s petite torso, legs tangled with Yoongi’s, he hummed contently against Yoongi’s shoulder. Yoongi, who was clearly unfamiliar with tremendous amount of skinskip, tensed.

When Yoongi heard Jungkook’s soft snore not too long after, he visibly relaxed. Yoongi turned his head to look at the sleeping boy. Unconsciously, Yoongi’s hand moved to trace his face and pushed a strand of hair away from Jungkook’s eyes. Yoongi didn’t know what compelled him to do it but he lie on his side before pulling Jungkook into his arms. Jungkook hummed and snuggled closer into Yoongi.

Yoongi was convinced he was already asleep so he wasn’t sure whether it was his mind playing tricks or what when he felt Jungkook’s lips pressed onto his neck. Nevertheless, he gave a kiss on top of the younger’s head.

***

When Jungkook woke up, he wished he was dead. His head was pounding so hard to the point he considered banging his head against the nearest concrete surface just to see if it would stop the massive headache. He tossed and buried his face into his pillow before groaning loudly at his miserable life. After a few more minutes of reflecting his terrible life decisions, he got up to the bathroom.

He barely walked across the hallway to the bathroom before Jimin spotted him. He thought Jimin would let him be as his twisted the knob of the bathroom door but it wouldn’t be Jimin if the said male didn’t make his life even more miserable. Really, he should’ve thought better.

“Jungkookie, you’re awake!” Said Jimin with that high-pitched voice of him and really, Jungkook just wanted to die so badly.

“Oh god, shut up, Jimin.” He massaged his forehead and quickly entered the bathroom, slamming the door shut right in front of Jimin’s face.

“Jungkookie, are you okay? Yoongi hyung said that you were drinking last night.” Jimin shouted from the outside. Jungkook sighed heavily because really, all he wanted to do was to tell Jimin to shut the up and off but he figured having a hangover wouldn’t be a good enough reason for him to be rude to his elders.

“I’m okay, Jimin. Just leave me alone,” he said tiredly before continuing “so I can finish my business, alright?” It was silent before Jimin replied.

“Okay, Jungkookie but come to the kitchen later.” Jungkook just responded with a hum. He walked to the sink and grabbed the sink tightly before looking up to the mirror. Wow, I look like . Shaking his head, Jungkook quickly freshen up and later then deciding to take a shower since he stank of alcohol.

When Jungkook made it to the kitchen, Yoongi was already there with Seokjin whose hands wrapped around a mug. He felt like he just walked into a court with Seokjin being the judge, him being the defendant and Yoongi, well, Yoongi could either be a lawyer to save his or a plaintiff and be a pain in the .

“So, I see you went out drinking last night,” Seokjin started as he look at him with an eyebrow raised. “Despite, I clearly told you not to.” Jungkook gulped. He spared Yoongi a quick glace for any kind of help but the older man was either oblivious or enjoyed watching Jungkook being roasted alive because the said man only gave him a blank face in return.

Few seconds passed with Jungkook opening and closing his mouth trying to find the right thing (see also: excuse) to say that at least soften the blow but failed miserably. Jungkook prayed hard that Seokjin wasn’t going to punish him when the man opened his mouth again. “But Yoongi here explained to me that he had promise you to take you to drink with him. So, I forgive you this time.”

Jungkook’s shoulder instantly slumped and he released a sigh of relief. “Thanks, huyng.” He sent a bashful smile at Seokjin before settled to sit beside Yoongi. Just as he sat down, Yoongi got up and walked to the stove. Jungkook was ready to be offended if it wasn’t for Yoongi to come back with a bowl of what seemed to be hangover soup.

“Here, eat this. I know it hurts a lot.” Yoongi instructed as he placed the bowl in front of Jungkook.

“Oh, thanks.” Jungkook blew the soup a few times before sipping it. God, it tastes like heaven. He moans in appreciation. “Hyung, you made this?” He directed the question at Seokjin. To his surprise, Seokjin shock his head to deny it before pouting his lips at Yoongi’s direction.

As if Yoongi sensed the incoming question, he explained. “I wasn’t going to bother Jin hyung for a trouble he clearly didn’t cause.”

“Ah, hyung, thanks. It tastes great.” He complimented. Really, the soup eased the buzzing of his head.

“I know. By the way, just letting you know that last night was your first and definitely your last time drinking.”

Jungkook came into a halt. His hand stopped with the spoon hung mid-air and his mouth half-opened. What? He placed the spoon back on the bowl and turned his body facing Yoongi.

“What?” He said bewilderedly.

“I said, you don’t get to drink anymore after last night.” Yoongi repeated.

“But why?”

Yoongi was baffled to say the least. Jungkook looked at him with wide curious eyes like he had no idea what he had done last night. Right, he probably doesn’t remember a damn thing.

“Kook, you demanded me to carry you! I had to drag your drunken the moment we stepped out of the taxi, the whole lift ride and across the hall all the way to the dorm, kid.”

Yoongi would have added more if he wasn’t so uncomfortable with the idea of the rest of the members know what else Jungkook did. What Jungkook did to him to be specific. From the cheeky advances, the teasing, the dance, the cuddle to the might-or-might-not-have-happened kiss. Nope, Yoongi definitely didn’t want anyone else to know those things.

Jungkook widen his eyes, if that even possible. “No way.” He breathed. When Yoongi squinted his eyes at him, he started to sputter. “I-I, . I didn’t know. I’m so sorry, hyung.” Yoongi just shook his head.

“Well, that was very amusing to hear but hurry up and finish your soup, Kook-ah. We have a three days long music video to film.” Seokjin said as he got up and placed his mug in the sink. Yoongi also got up and patted his back before leaving the kitchen.

Suddenly, the soup didn’t taste that appetizing anymore and he could feel the impending headache at the thought of how dreadful the filming would be. Jungkook groaned and banged his head against the table. Talking about bad life decisions.

 


a/n: Thank you for all the supports you've given me and for bearing with me (and my procrastination)!