First day

Let's play a game (it's called Life)

High school is that really abstract phase of everyone’s life. You can either be a total nerd, in a relationship with your books or you can go to all the parties meet new people (and maybe even sleep with them) or maybe you can keep changing from one to another. Or maybe being something in between. It’s completely up to you.

Contrasting with this thoughts, Oh Sehun is a very straight-forward person, and absolutely hates choosing and over-thinking. When it came to such things, Sehun couldn’t focus. For him, it was such an obnoxious and boring thought.

                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~                                                                                                                                

Very first day of high school, Sehun couldn’t be more “excited”.

“Sehun” a voice said, making Sehun groan a bit in his sleep.

“Sehun!!” the voice repeated, its tone getting more urgent and louder.

“ING OH SEHUN YOU BETTER STAND UP RIGHT NOW.” The voice shouted, violently shaking Sehun, making him slowly get up. Without even opening his yes, he said:

“Crap, Jongdae, what the hell are you doing here?” Sehun said, making a face.

“You know, I have that really lazy best friend that over-slept and it’s now very late, so, as the great friend I am, I decided to wake him up” the boy said, a bit sarcastically.

“What time is it?” the boy asked, getting up

“It’s half past seven.” Chen answers as he opened Sehun’s drawer, got some clothes and threw them at Sehun.

“What was that for?!” Sehun asked, upset.

“You’re welcome, sleeping beauty; now get yourself ready before I go without you. I’ll be downstairs eating something.” Jongdae said, going downstairs.

Some minutes later, Sehun was going downstairs.

“Why do you take so long?” he asked, with a handful of snacks.

“This colorful hair doesn’t get itself ready by itself, you know?” Sehun retorted “By the way, how don’t you get fat? You eat like 2 fully-grown men every day, but you’re still skinny like a snake.” Sehun said, grabbing a snack from Jongdae’s hand.

“Fast metabolism, hat. Now let’s go, we’re so damn late, I promised Baekhyun I’d meet him at the gate a quarter to eight.” The older said, dragging Sehun out of the house.

“Geez, are you guys lovers or something?” Sehun asked, rolling his eyes.

“I already told you that it’s not like that. Now hurry.” he urged Sehun, as he walked ahead the younger male, very upset.

After some minutes of awkward silence between both, Sehun finally spoke up. “Look, I’m sorry, okay? I know you don’t like touching this subject.” Sehun said, resting his hand on the boy’s shoulder.

“It’s okay” Jongdae sighed “It’s just… You’re the only one that knows everything. I don’t even know why I told you, really. You’re like, a newborn!” Jongdae mocked.

“Whatever, gramps” Sehun retorted.

“Ouch! It burns!” Jongdae said, faking a dramatic hurt expression, making Sehun roll his eyes once again. “Anyways, we’re here!” the boy announces.

“Hey, guys!~~” Baekhyun waved at them as he ran towards the other two males.

“Yo! Baek!” Jongdae waved back. Sehun just kept silent, in his cool atmosphere.

“Gah! Sehun! Why so cold??” Baekhyun said, laughing a bit.

“Ugh, stop being so loud, old men.” Sehun said, despite his harsh words, he was smiling a bit too.

“Heeey! We’re just a year older than you!” Jongdae said

“Whatever, I gotta go to class, see you guys.” Sehun waved goodbye as he walked to his classroom.

He was a bit late, but fortunately, the teacher was yet to arrive. Picking a seat beside the window, he observed his classmates, nothing out of the ordinary. But then the teacher came in, followed by a guy with a dark aura.

“Class, this is our new student, Huang Zitao! He’s Chinese, so he can’t speak Korean very well, please be nice to him! Zitao, do you want to say something?” the teacher asked.

“Please… Take care of me…” Zitao said, as he bowed.

“Okay! You may sit next to… Sehun, the guy next to the window.” The teacher said, as she pointed at Sehun. At this, Zitao simply nodded and walked to his place.

“I’m Huang Zitao… Nice to meet you.” Zitao said, bowing a bit.

“Oh Sehun, nice to meet you too.”  Sehun answered, having a good look at the new student. He had dark circles under his eyes, which were quite sharp; his jawline was a bit smooth and his hair was a pale shade of yellow. In other words, he was quite handsome. Noticing that Sehun was sating at him, Tao asked.

“W-what’s it? Do I have something on my face?” he was obviously a bit nervous as he frantically touched his face.

“No, it’s nothing, just checking you out.” Sehun said, bluntly, making Zitao blush a light shade of pink.

Class went smoothly, sometimes Sehun would make quiet sarcastic comments, making Zitao laugh a bit and sometimes Sehun would secretly laugh at how Zitao checked his face in a small mirror he brought with him. They had all the periods before lunch together. In a blink of an eye, it was already lunch time and everybody was getting up.

“Hey, Zitao, wanna hang with us?” Sehun invited.

“Uh… I don’t know… My Chinese friends are here too, I’d like to meet up with them…” Zitao said, embarrassed.

“Hey, it’s cool, no need to be embarrassed, see ya later then.”  Sehun said, going to the school’s roof.

As he got there, he saw he was very late, everybody was there and 3 other guys were there too and… Was that Zitao?

“Uhhhh… Hey guys, what’s up?” Sehun said, a bit awkwardly.

At that moment, Baekhyun turned to Sehun.

“Hey! Sehun! Come here, we met some cool new guys!” Baekhyun said as he told the three guys and Zitao to get closer. “Oh Sehun, this is Wu Yi Fan” Baekhyun said, pointing at a very tall guy with a ‘cool guy’ atmosphere “This is LuHan” he said pointing at a fairly feminine guy “This is Zhang Yixing” he pointed at the guy, but said guy didn’t seem to be paying much attention “and this is Huang Zitao, call him Tao” he said, pointing at Zitao.

“Hey, Sehun!” Tao said happily, walking towards Sehun.

“Hey, Tao!” Sehun said, fist bumping Tao

“Oh? So you guys know each other?” LuHan asked, surprised.

“Yeah, we had classes together today!” Tao said, smiling.

“Well, you look good at least.” Wu Yi Fan said, bluntly.

“So do you.” Sehun answered, with a poker face.

“I like you already.” Wu Yi Fan said, smirking. “Call me Kris.” The taller guy said.

“Oh! And call me LuHan!” LuHan said, excitedly.

“That’s kinda obvious, isn’t it, LuHan?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Wa~ So mean, Kyungsoo!” LuHan said.

“Oh my God, why does he have to be like Baek?” Sehun thought, mentally rolling his eyes.

“Call me Yixing.” The guy finally spoke, smiling a bit, revealing his deep dimples. Sehun stared at them. It was very rare to see someone with such dimples.

“I see you already noticed my dimples.” Yixing said, chuckling.

Taken off guard, Sehun said “Y-yeah, it’s rare to see people with dimples.” Stuttering a bit at the beginning but rapidly regaining composure. At this, Yixing simply hummed understandingly and dozed off once again.

The rest of lunch time was funny as always, with Jongdae making silly puns and Chanyeol making fun of other people height (except for Kris, who was just a bit taller) and so on.

After lunch, he had the rest of his classes with Kyungsoo and Kai. After school, he was walking back home, the sun was already setting and the sky was shining a deep shade of orange along with a light purple.

Shortly after he got out of school, someone held his shoulder.

“Hey! Sehun!” a voice called him. Startled, he turned around to meet a pair of round orbs. “I didn’t know your house was this way! Mine is too!” LuHan said, excited.

“Uhum, wanna walk together?” Sehun asked.

“Yes, please!” LuHan said as he happily nodded.

They walked for some minutes until Sehun broke the silence.

“So… Why did you guys come to Korea?” Sehun asked

“Our parents were transferred from Beijing to Seoul; they work at a nearby commercial building!” LuHan explained.

“Hm. And you have classes with… Baekhyung? Jongdae?” Sehun tried to guess.

“Ah, me, Kris and Yixing have some classes with Minseok.” LuHan explained.

“Minseok hyung?? You’re in the last year of highschool??” Sehun asked, surprised.

“Yup, I may not look like it, but I’ll graduate next year!” LuHan boasted.

“Stop being so arrogant!” Sehun said with a smile.

After some laughs and small talk, they got to a bifurcation.

“I’ll go to the right, how about you?” LuHan asked.

“I’ll go to the left. See you, LuHan hyung!” Sehun said.

“See ya!” LuHan waved.

Getting home, Sehun had dinner and collapsed on his bed. Even though he was with Tao, Kai and Kyungsoo in most of his classes, it was still tiring as hell and all he wanted to do was sleeping. Slowly closing his eyes, he drifted off to the dream world.