When Seunghyun is in love...

8 Signs that Seunghyun is In Love

A/N: The timeline isn't consistent. I hope you can bear with it


  1. He tries his best to look good and impress (though he’s naturally so good-looking already)

Jiyong, Teddy and Kush are cooped up inside the studio, listening to the beat they have been currently working on for the past few days. It is good actually, and just needs a few adjustments here and there. It’s a song Jiyong’s preparing for Bigbang’s new album, and the lyrics are mostly done except for Seunghyun’s rap parts.

He receives a text from Seunghyun, saying he’d be there in a few minutes, so he waits. When Seunghyun arrives though, it seems like he has grown a second head (no pun intended). Jiyong can’t help but exclaim, “Woah!” It’s like the first time that they saw the older in swimming trunks.

Teddy and Kush eye him curiously from head to toe. Jiyong is curious and shocked, well mostly curious as to why his hyung is dressed like that, but he smiles at Seunghyun nonetheless.

“Why are you dressed like that?” Teddy finally asks, and Seunghyun smiles suspiciously.

“Like what? I’m always dressed like this!’

“Not when we’re only in the studio though. Right now, you’re wearing a suit. A ing suit.” Kush laughs. “Something is definitely up.”

Seunghyun doesn’t speak and instead sits besides Jiyong, sitting more manly as usual. He also cleared his throat. Something is obviously up. Jiyong, being as oblivious as he is, doesn’t mind it.

“So,” Seunghyun speaks up, then looks at Jiyong, “how do I look?” He averts his gaze to Teddy and Kush so it wouldn’t be too obvious that he’s seeking for an answer from a certain person he’s done this for.

Teddy snorts. “Well, you always look good.”

“That. Aside from you look like you’re attending a wedding, you look hot, bro.” Kush follows jokingly.

Jiyong chuckles at his side, and though it feels good to hear him laugh, he still hasn’t heard what he wanted ever since he arrived. This is the first time he wanted to impress Jiyong, but he is not getting any of it at all. His shoulders sink low as he starts writing his lyrics.

“You really look handsome today, hyung.” Jiyong whispers.

Seunghyun never blushed this much.

He hears Teddy say something like, “He’s definitely going to a date later” but he doesn’t care. Jiyong said he looks handsome, and that’s all he needed to hear.

  1. He becomes hawk-eyed

“Hey Jiyong, there’s eyelash on your cheek.”

“Oh? I didn’t know. Thanks, hyung.”

“Here. I remove it for you.”

“Thanks.”

Seunhyun gently removes the eyelash from the smaller one’s soft cheek, then caresses the same spot.

-------

“Have you trimmed your hair?”

“You noticed?”

‘Everyone can notice.” Seunghyun lies. And Jiyong knows. He has been with Youngbae and Soonho the whole morning but they didn’t even notice.

---

Seungri invited his hyungs and other friends in his place for a pool party. As usual, Seungri, Youngbae, Daesung and Jiyong seem to be enjoying the nice cold pool water, but Seunghyun definitely isn’t. He’s grumpier than usual, and no one dared to come near him, except for Youngbae who just got a drink.

“Hyung, we know that you like sitting here alone. But you look different than usual?”

Seunghyun turns his head to Youngbae. The younger male tenses up when Seunghyun meets his eyes.

“Do you think Jiyong’s wearing shorter shorts than before?” The taller one asks, and he’s not looking at Youngabe anymore. He’s looking at Jiyong who’s currently chatting with a male model.

“I don’t know. I didn’t notice the difference.” Youngbae shrugs. “Wait, you did?”

Seunghyun doesn’t answer, and Youngbae follows his line of sight. He sees Jiyong talking animatedly to Seungri’s model friend. Jiyong laughs when the tall model made a funny face that isn’t even funny.

“I still can’t see the difference, Seunghyun-hyu—“ Youngba stops when Seunghyun stood and walks over to where Jiyong is.

Youngbae witnesses how Seunghyun catches Jiyong’s attention which causes the model to leave disappointedly.

  1. He’s inspired in writing lyrics

“Hyung, can I read your lyrics for BaeBae?” Seungri enthusiastically bounces on his feet. This will be the first time in a long time that they’ll be recording a song for their comeback album. He absolutely missed this.

Seunghyun hands the lyric sheet to the maknae and he goes back to where he is sitting earlier. “Don’t change my lyrics, Seungri.” He hears the eldest say, and he just smiled.

Seungri dyed his hair white for this. Okay. He read his part the other day and his hair color suits his lyrics. He also scanned through Jiyong’s rap and the chorus. Now, it’s time to read the oldest hyung’s.

“Your eyes are pretty like a deer, my princess.” Woah. What cheesy lyrics, hyung.

“—already pretty, Jiyong.” Seungri hears Seunghyun say in the corner. That catches his interest. He pretends to read, but he’s lowkey listening.

“Huh?” There’s smile in Jiyong’s voice.

“Your eyes are already pretty. So I think you don’t need to put too much eyeliner anymore.”

Seungri, though weirded out, agrees. He continues to read.

“We’re so comfortable together, I’m gaining so much weight.”

“Hyung I think you’re gaining weight again. I’m the one responsible to keep your body in shape, you know.” Seungri hears Jiyong’s whine. As much as he wants to read in peace, he’s afraid he cannot. Not when they’re talking aloud like this. He tries focusing on the lyrics once again.

“My body wraps—“Seungri starts, only to be interrupted. Again.

“Oh yeah?”Seunghyun asks Jiyong. “Bet I can wrap my arms around you when you’re cold though.”

“—wraps around you so perfectly.”

Oh.

No. Did Seunghyun just say the same thing? Why is he saying everything in his BaeBae rap? And to Jiyong? He’s afraid he’s finding a pattern already. He thinks he cannot continue reading the rest of the rap anymore. Is Seunghyun flirting with Jiyong in his lyrics? Oh God please help his hyungs.

“You’re forever 25 to me.”

“Jiyong, you still look 25. It looks like you didn’t age a bit. Haha.”

Seungri regrets that he wanted to read Seunghyun’s lyrics at all.

  1. He doesn’t care about bodily functions. At all.

G-Dragon is widely known for his IDGAF attitude. Well, isn’t it a good thing that Kwon Jiyong has that attitude, too? Not in this moment though. Not in this particular moment that everyone wants Jiyong to at least care about his actions.

Jiyong farted.

Not intentionally though.

“Oops. Sorry.”

“Ifcub hab bin okay,ib yew didn’t fard while we’weading!!!” Seungri says, covering his nose, (It could have been okay, if you didn’t fart while we’re eating)and stands from his seat quickly as if he was burned.

He fans with his hands, hoping for the ‘awful’ smell to go away. Until he saw Seunghyun who’s still eating comfortably.Seunghyun stops when he notices Seungri’s stare. ‘Yeah?”

“Haven’t you smelled Jiyong’s fart?”

“I have.”

“Then why are you still eating there, hyung? It’s dangerous!”

“It tastes good.”

Seungri doesn’t know if Seunghyun meant the food or Jiyong’s fart.

  1. He’s willing to make errands although he originally doesn’t want to

Seunghyun likes to go out with his friends, but sometimes or most of the times, he prefer being alone. When Jaechun asked him to accompany him in choosing wine, he refused.

So, why is he now with Jiyong in the supermarket to buy groceries?

Well… he wants to. Jiyong  called him earlier and asked if he has something to do because Dami cannot buy groceries for today, and Jiyong wanted to try cooking. Seunghyun immediately volunteered to go with him even without that question spoken. He’s been very nice lately so Jiyong should notice it.

“Isn’t the cart a bit heavy? I’ll push it for you.” Seunghyun pauses and pulled Jiyong’s small hands off the cart. He made sure to take advantage of it to hold his hands.

“Ehh?Seunghyun, it’s not heavy, and I can push it by myself.” Jiyong pouts cutely, making him look younger than he is. Seunghyun wants to pinch his chubby cheeks, but he immediately held back.

Seunghyun chuckles. “If you want to do so, then, why don’t we push this together?” The older reaches for Jiyong’s hand and places it on the handle. “There, we both push the cart. Happy now?”

Jiyong’s about to make a retort that ‘they’re not kids anymore’ and ‘what if people see’ when they ran into Jaechun, who wouldn’t have seen them if they aren’t picking the same item (cabbage). Seunghyun feels the need to hide behind Jiyong but who would he be kidding? Jiyong’s smaller than him so he’ll be found out one way or another, so he didn’t bother anymore.

“Jiyong!”Jaechun greets, letting go of the cabbage he saw before he ran onto Jiyong and Seunghyun.

“Hey. Long time no see.”

“Seunghyun? I thought you said you're sick?" Oops. There is it. Jaechun's suspicious tone which is silently asking him why he didn't go with him to buy a wine.

"Uhh" Seunghyun fakecoughs, and look at the other guy with droopy eyes. "I am... but I decided that I want to do groceries, too."

He hopes Jaechun would buy that lame excuse, and he's thankful when he looked satisfied with Seunghyun's answer.

"I see. Get well, bro." Jaechun picks the cabbage and put it in his cart. "I already bought wine earlier. We can drink sometime. Bring Jiyong with you."

"Sure."

"I'll get going then. See you around. Bye Jiyong."

When Jaechun is no longer in sight, Seunghyun realeases the breath he's been holding. "Let's go, Ji--" He stops when he sees Jiyong looking at him puzzingly.

"You're sick? Goddamn Seunghyun why are you pretending you're okay this whole time? I'm sorry I dragged you with me here!"

  1. He can’t stop talking about that person no matter who he is with

"Hyungs what do you think? Should I buy a hoverboard?"

Bigbang, minus Jiyong, is busy playing a board game in Youngbae's house when Seunghyun hears Daesung ask. He and Youngbae pause and look at him.

"It's your decision Dae. But it's a good thing for you to entertain yourself, also." Youngbae answers, and fetches his phone to searchhoverboard on Google.

"But he can entertain himself, Youngbae hyung. Remember, he plays drums ." Seungri butts in, laughing.

Daesung almost rolls his eyes. And Youngbae giggles. "Yeah right, Dae! Why would you need a hoverboard if you have that?" His giggles turn to laughters.

Daesung and Seunghyun laugh as well. When the laughter dies out, and Daesung brings the topic back again, Seunghyun said that he should consult Jiyong because he'll be happy to choose a hoverboard for Daesung.

---

Ha Yeon is nervous. She’s filming with none other than TOP of Bigbang, and she hopes that she won’t mess up later.

She watched a Canadian model and Taeyang’s shooting earlier, and Lauren (the model) cried because she wasn’t used to filming. Ha Yeon isn’t like that. She’s an actress, and though she has a tiny crush on TOP, it won’t definitely affect her acting…well, probably.

TOP arrives earlier than expected together with G-Dragon. Ha Yeon watches as the two guys exchange smiles, albeit secretly. But she still notices. She has seen how guys exchange smiles at one another so this is nothing new to her. Instead, she focuses on internalizing her parts, and she smiles to herself thinking that finally she gets to act with one of the most handsome idols in Korea, even in just a music video.

Not long after, she and TOP started with their shoot. It’s fun, it’s like they’re not acting at all. TOP hugs her from behind and she laughs, playfully punching his arm in the process. The director said that they could talk about anything, as long as they look like a ‘couple’ having a sweet date. It isn’t hard though, TOP is such a funny guy. It’s not even close to how dorky she imagined TOP would be.

“You know how you punched me earlier,” TOP giggles, which causes her to giggle too eventhough he hasn’t said anything yet. “I remembered GD punched me like that when he was embarrassed.” He smiles at the memory, grinning from ear to ear.

Ha Yeon feels like she knew something exclusive about GD, but oh well, everybody gets embarrassed so it’s fine.

TOP riding a bicycle isn’t in the script, but when he saw it in the corner, saying “GD would probably get envious that I got to use a bike, not him.” Ha Yeon laughs it off, as she sees another dorky side of TOP again.

Ha Yeon may haven’t notice it the first two times that GD’s name slipped in their conversations (via TOP), but with the next time, and the next, and after that, Ha Yeon would be deaf not to notice anymore.

“GD likes this flavor of popcorn. Do you think this is great, too?”

TOP manages to slip G-Dragon’s name again while they are shooting the ‘cinema date’ scene.

  1. He wants to make that person happy, even though he’s far away

The director cuts the shoot and tells the staff and the actors to have a short break. At last, Seunghyun thought, even it’s just a short time he can finally breathe and catch up with the person who’s always been on his mind. Immediately, he sends a text to Jiyong telling about his day, but he didn’t get an immediate reply. So, he decided to scroll in his Instagram account. He sees Jiyong’s airport pictures, going from Japan to Seoul. Finally, his boyfriend can take a rest from all the fanmeetings. It’s nighttime in Korea now, so Jiyong is probably exhausted.

 After a short while his phone buzzes, and there is a text from Jiyong. “Sorry I fell asleep on the plane.”

“It’s fine. You should rest once you got home.” He texted back.

“I already slept in the plane, remember? I wanna talk to you later, hyun”

Seunghyun can absolutely hear Jiyong’s whiny tone at the other end. He’s about to send another text when the staff calls him and tells that the short break is over. Seunghyun’s heart drops, that means he cannot send another text to Jiyong anymore.

The filming starts again and Seunghyun cannot get Jiyong off his mind. He’s probably sulking, he thinks. And he doesn’t want to deal with a sulky Jiyong later, so when he gets the chance, he sneaks and checks the Instagram notification from Jiyong.

He sees a picture taken from Jiyong’s bedroom, a table and chair he bought for Jiyong, and a caption of a sad and sleepy emoji. Seunghyun’s heart drops once again, his Jiyong is sad and he can’t do anything to make him happy at the moment.

So, thinking of a way to make him happy, with time pressure, he decides to post a picture on Instagram.

A picture of varied colors of dinosaurs smiling. Please smile, Ji. He thinks as he locks his phone.

  1. Being in love makes him scared as sh*t

Seunghyun slumps in his chair, face on his hands, with his heart beating faster than ever. It can't be. No no no no. He can't be feeling this way with his bandmate of all people. 

When did he start having feelings for Jiyong? When they got drunk last week and he found himself getting dizzy with Jiyong's look and not because of booze? Or when a guy approached Jiyong and Seunghyun thought that he's better, and obviously more good looking than him? Or when he woke up one day and realized that he's started to like him more  than he's supposed to? No matter when that was, all he could think of was a mix of no's and Jiyong's face, his smile, his pouts, him. And Seunghyun will never deny, he's scared, too damn scared of his feelings.

What if Jiyong doesn't love him back? What will happen to their career? Bigbang is just four years in the industry, and he doesn't want to risk it. It's their dream -- it's Jiyong's dream. He doesn't want to burden them with his stupid feelings. And that's why he ran. He left Jiyong in the studio, with his confused expression. He remembers kissing Jiyong earlier while the two of them were working for their subunit album, and he didn't regret any of his past actions until then. 

Seunghyun stands to get a bottle of wine, and decides that he better drink to forget and text Jiyong to apologize for his faulty actions. But before he can do so, he hears a knock on his door. And when he opens it, it reveals Jiyong with a worried face. Damn, even his worried face looks beautiful.

"Hyung--"

"Look Jiyong, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to kiss you earlier, I was just--" 

"So, what does it mean then?" He can see confusion and desperation to know in Jiyong's eyes, but he tries to deny the hurt he can see in the other's eyes.

"I...I don't know." Seunghyun lies, and Jiyong's making it hard for him. He wants to forget, but how can he when Jiyong's here? He wants to push him away, to make him feel the opposite of what he really feels. But he just stands there. 

"Hyung. Seunghyun, tell me what it is! Why did you kiss me?" Jiyong is almost crying, and Seunghyun feels devastated to see him like that. It scares him to see Jiyong like this, but now he's the one to cause it. But he didn't answer.

Jiyong kisses him.

It was supposed to be quick, but Seunghyun decides to press in further, his feelings overflowing. And in that certain moment, he realizes how much he wants Jiyong, how much he wants him to feel loved. And that certain moment, he knew that Jiyong loves him as much, and even before Seunghyun realized how much he loves him.

------

Seunghyun smiles. Who would've thought that he'd make it with Jiyong for this long? That memory has always been treasured, and he cannot forget how much he cried while making love with Jiyong for the first time. Sure, Jiyong cried much more than he, but the feeling of being loved back still makes his heart ache in a good way.

Yes, being in love still makes him scared as , but--

"Hyun?" He hears Jiyong call from the living room.

Seunghyun pulls his luggage with heavy shoulders, he doesn't want to leave yet, and being away from Jiyong for a year isn't a thing he won't choose. But it's mandatory in their country to enlist in the military for at least 24 months, so he doesn't have a choice at all. 

Once he's at the living room, he sees Jiyong's bloodshot eyes, and he runs to Seunghyun to hug and kiss him. They kiss as Jiyong weeps, and Seunghyun's heart is crying, too. He doesn't want to let go of Jiyong. 

When their lips part, Seunghyun hugs him once more, this time his hands try to remember his lover's every curves, this masterpiece that he still can't believe is his. 

Yes, being in love still makes him scared as , but--

--when he thinks about Jiyong, the fear suddenly goes away.

Being in love with Jiyong scares him, but deep inside, he knows he want it.


A/N:Thank you for making it this far. This was supposed to be a crackfic all throughout, but since I miss gtop badly, it turned into an angst mess in the end.

Credits to 11 Silly, Ridiculous Signs That Might Mean You're In Love - Elite Daily for some of the signs, this really helped me a lot!

I'm sorry that this took so long, I had a writer's block, and I hope it's gone with the help of this fic. I'm trying to update Goddess, and I hope to update it soon.