Now

How About Now (어때?)

Word count: 591

 

Krystal moved her feet in the clear water. Enjoying the sound of the waves as she sat there and absentmindedly studied the sky.

The clouds looked so soft and fluffy beyond anything Krystal could ever image anything to feel like. She just wanted to use the clouds as bed and blanket, then maybe she would be able to sleep so deeply as her older sibling.

 

***

 

Krystal heard soft footsteps on the wooden bridge she was sitting on and she knew they belonged to her friend. 

Sulli sat down beside the zooned out girl. Who acknowledged her presence but didn't tear her eyes from the clouds up above.

"What about the skies?" Sulli asked. Her eyes going up to search for whatever the blackhaired woman was looking at. "How about the skies" Krystal replied. Sulli looked puzzled at her friend. "You mean, how about the skies" Krystal corrected. Turning her head to look at the woman beside her. 

"...Right" Sulli coughed into her hand hoping the tense atmosphere would lessen. 

"I just find it pretty" Krystal said. Moving her feet in the water again. "Just...just..." Krystal struggled with her words and furrowed her eyebrows. Sulli smiled at that. Krystal always looked so cute when she was thoughtful. 

"Because it's just is, the way it is" Sulli filled in and Krystal nodded softly, biting her lower lip.

 

***

 

The cold breeze brought two bodies together in a heartwarming embrace. Their chins resting on the others shoulder. 

"How about now" Sulli insists. Krystal doesn't react or show any signs of hearing the girl except for her caloused fingers threading through Sulli's long locks. 

"How about when we're still young" Sulli continues. Her voice so soft it's barely audiable even though the older's lips are almost touching the youngers ear. 

"When the world's still too big for us and our hearts too small..." Sulli's voice trails of. She hesitates whether she should say the next sentances or not.

"When we, are still we... so we can stand together but never fall apart...while our love still burns"  Sulli finishes.

Krystal broke off the hug and Sulli could feel tears burning I'm her eyes. "How about now. After our feelings been bottled up and aged like fine wine" Krystal said softly. Her hands tenderly intertwining with the older's. 

 

***

 

"How about now?" Krystal said under her breath. Her body ontop of the older's. Their foreheads resting against each others and their noses touching. Krystal's hand reached and placed a few of her lover's misplaced hairstrands behind her ear."While the moment is still being lived" Krystal continued and Sulli smiled in amusement. 

"Right now" Sulli agreed. Her hand behind Krystal's head. Connecting their lips to shut her up and to let her just live in the present. 

"No matter what your past bears and your future holds. I'll always stay by yourside. Even if you can't see me" Sulli whispered. The woman fading like a polaroid picture losing it's colors. Slipping through Krystal's shaky fingers like sand. 

"...Now, I'll let you go..." Krystal spoke with a shaky voice. Her cheeks wet with tears and her body skaking as she tried to hold back her sobs. 

"Now, I'll keep living. Even if you aren't beside me anymore" Krystal said her voice shaking as she held back her bottled up emotions. 

"Now" she finished with a soft sigh, placing the picture of two young stargazed lovers down. Both Sulli and Krystal herself was smiling so broadly, she remembers the pain in her cheeks from that moment.