1

Wonder

“Wonder if I gave an Oreo…” The male sang to himself while he munched on the cream filled chocolate biscuit. Suddenly, the male was hit with an idea!  What if he gave an Oreo to the wild Jung Taekwoon? Would he be tame? Would he stop trying to kill the other members when he lost in games?

This young male was determined to find out. He shot out of his chair and ran into the living room where two of his friends were seated as well as Jung Taekwoon. 

“Oh, Oreos!” his companion, Wonsik noticed the blue packet in the male’s hand and was reaching out for a biscuit but the male pulled the packet away at the last minute causing Wonsik to pout.

“Ah, Hongbin, please, just one!” Wonsik begged, clasping his hands together and attempted to do the puppy dog eyes.

However, across the room, someone had been watching as soon as the word “oreo” had been said.

“Wonsik, the last time you said ‘just one’, you ate my entire packet.”

“No, no. This time I promise, only one!” Wonsik whined.

Soft footsteps padded towards the duo.

“No, Wonsik. Buy your own.”

“I’ll wash your shoes?”

“No.”

“I’ll do clean up duty for the next week.”

“No.”

“A month?”

“Hmm—“ Hongbin was about to reply when he felt someone tap his shoulder.

“Hongbin. Oreo.” A soft voice reached his ears.

Spinning on his heel, Hongbin was faced with the one, the only, Jung Taekwoon. Taekwoon’s eyes were fixed on the blue packet in his hands.

‘This is it.’ Hongbin thought to himself.

“Oh, do you want an oreo?” Hongbin asked, tilting his head to feign innocence.

One nod and Hongbin smiled, holding out the packet to the older male. Taekwoon gracefully pulled out two oreos and spun around to return to his seat. Hongbin watched as the male devoured an oreo in one mouthful and sat down before consuming the other oreo in a more slower process. Opening the top of the oreo, the cream and closing it only to shove it into his mouth.

“Unfair! Why would you give it to Taekwoon but not me, your buddy.” Wonsik interrupted Hongbin’s Taekwoon watching and attempted to reach for the packet, only to fail again.

“Hm, Wonsik, I’ll give you one if you go and annoy Taekwoon.”

“I want an oreo but I value my life even more.”

“I’m testing something so, just go do it.”

Wonsik shot him a confused look, mumbled a ‘I better a whole box of oreos for this’ and reluctantly walked over to Taekwoon. He started doing things only Hakyeon would do. He started poking Taekwoon’s cheeks and wrapping his arms around Taekwoon’s shoulders. He started doing a cutesy voice and climbed onto the arm of the chair to hug Taekwoon.

Hongbin watched as Taekwoon’s face went from uncomfortable to annoyance to anger.  Taekwoon swiftly got up and kicked Wonsik off the chair before walking towards Hongbin. Hongbin smiled nervously and handed the angry Taekwoon the rest of the oreo packet before the latter walked out of the room.

Hongbin rushed over to the groaning Wonsik on the floor, laughing. Wonsik shot him a look and Hongbin attempted to stop his laughter, only to end up bursting into laughter a second later.

“Sorry, Wonsik, are you okay?” he said in between breaths of laughter.

“Hongbin. Oreo.” Wonsik demanded, voice stern.

Laughing, Hongbin nodded and ran out of the apartment to get a new packet of oreos.

‘I guess Oreos don’t tame Taekwoons’.